• This topic has 4,998 replies, 121 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by DrP.
Viewing 40 posts - 3,641 through 3,680 (of 4,999 total)
  • Zwift meetups and social rides ?
  • oopnorth
    Free Member

I’m in.

forge197
    Free Member

Lucky I did a swap to MTB and test today, main app update, companion update, and found that my ATV wasn’t talking to the companion app after I put in some Mesh Wi-Fi (devices on different networks) need to sort that today. Not sure I’d wanted all that going on 5mins before the meet up start :). See you tomorrow virtually….

mrhoppy

I’ll see where I am with stuff, I’d like to but Mrs Hoppy is now riding in the morning IRL so I might have to sort kiddo out.

mossimus
    Free Member

Will we automatically change to MTB or do we have to manually select it?

Attendance dependent upon tonight’s beer.

robbo1234biking

You will have to select but I will remind everyone on the meetup start

slowpuncheur
    Free Member

Change of plan for me this weekend. I’m going to miss Saturday AM so might get on the Bologna TT at 5pm today and then plan a hillier ride for Sunday AM. Probably the Tour of Fire and Ice if anyone else fancies it.

kirky72
    Free Member

I had my head geared up for doing a long ride tomorrow so may join you and then do another route afterwards that I haven’t completed like something hilly around London. I might do something Sunday as well, maybe a steady recovery type ride and then rest Monday ready for Tuesday.

Is there a plan to do the Uber next Saturday 12th, would be good for me Saturday or Sunday.

slowpuncheur
    Free Member

I’d be up for the Uber next weekend @kikry72. Got to earn those mince pies!

robbo1234biking

I cant do Uber next weekend as having to go to Brother-in-laws wedding. We are in Tier 3 so literally just going to the ceremony but we don’t even know what time it is yet! Talk about last minute!

I might look at doing it the following weekend but you guys go for it!

I am also doing the Bologna TT hopefully tonight!

oopnorth
    Free Member

I’m in still for tomorrow, Sunday I think I’m going to jump on an event, there is a Muir and the Mountain C class group ride with Team Vegan I think at 8-30am, so I might do that as it will be good practice for Tuesday.

If I do the Alpe the legs will be no good afterwards.

DrP

I’ll be there… short ride at 8am works well for me.. MTB at the ready!

DrP

Nick

Should be there tomorrow, looking at the weather I doubt I’ll be motivated to go outside tomorrow, Zwift has made me nesh!

slowpuncheur
    Free Member

What bike are you using in the TT @robbo1234biking?

robbo1234biking

I was going to use a climbing bike but don’t think I will make it now! Good luck!

slowpuncheur
    Free Member

Used Tron bike. Felt heavy;)

piemonster

Well, my local trails are now only just manageable at a decent pace in fell running shoes so I think I’ve cracked and am rebuilding the Zwift set up!

forge197
    Free Member

Good ride today my pace was all over the place at times, felt the difference using and MTB over the road bike as you would in real life, was good to swap back to the road and do a sort bit in Innsbruck to get over 30 miles for the day.

Enjoyed that, just the sort of ride I needed today too.

oopnorth
    Free Member

Yeah enjoyed it too but found it hard work on the sticky tyres.

Good to see you back @piemonster

kirky72
    Free Member

Thanks for the ride lads. Glad we don’t ride mtb often, seems like a wasted effort on the climb as it’s not likely to trouble your PB no matter what effort you put in.

Stayed on the route after a comfort break to try and ride my legs back in and then jumped on steady group ride around flat route reverse. Ben swift and some other dude were in our group, rode streaky her graciously didn’t bother competed in the sprint.

50 miles for the day, edging me closer towards my 6500 mile goal for the year.

savoyad

Thanks for this morning. I could tell the difference but I do think that if the algorithms had originally been set up so that road bikes rode like mtbs do now, we’d all have basically the same experience of the game (everything a little slower basically). It’s all relative – so given that we are used to the road bikes as they are, @kirky72 is right that on hill segments riding the MTBs puts PBs out of reach (probably).

The time I really noticed a difference was whenever I was off the back of the group. It seemed harder than usual to chase back on. Maybe our little blob was going a bit harder than usual, but it didn’t feel that way when I was part of it, just when I needed to chase.

I’m still catching my breath from sprinting. I don’t normally do that, but for some reason I just instinctively responded to @DrP calling it out in the chat! It reminded me why I don’t chase sprint points in the race series – if I did that in a race, I’d never see the group again. I struggled to get back up to 2 w/kg until after the esses.

robbo1234biking

Well I felt pretty awful for most of that. It was self inflicted though – the wife wanted to have a festive baileys and it would be rude not to join her…for a couple of whiskeys after some rather strong beers from vocation. I really don’t drink much these days so everything was lacking so couldn’t tell of it was the bikes or me haha! Think I am a bit fatigued as well – hit lots of pbs the last few weeks so need to take it easy with gentle recovery rides until Tuesday!

oopnorth
    Free Member

Any weekend ride plans??? Saturday or Sunday?

kirky72
    Free Member

I still have every long or hilly route around London to do, New York as well but hate it,if anybody fancies any of those.

I have loads to do in Watopia as well, thought we did quatch quest a few weeks back but Zwift says otherwise, plus mountain 8, plus reverse, Uber, tour if ice and fire.

Fancy something around 40/50 miles and moderately hilly.

Saturday morning is my preference as I’m going to rest tomorrow.

robbo1234biking

Can’t do this weekend. Going to a wedding on Saturday – but only the wedding as in tier 3 so don’t even get the fun bit of the reception! Then Sunday I might be able to do an hour at 8 but then we are popping out to do a Peter rabbit trail!

I think the 19th is looking good for an Uber attempt. I would suggest if anyone is up for it that we stay together until the bottom of the alpe but after that everyone goes at their own pace.

Kirky – it is tour of New York this weekend so you might be able to tick of some of the remaining routes whilst doing a race! Might make it go quicker – not sure the race series will ever return to New York – no one like it!

oopnorth
    Free Member

New York is next weekend 18-20. Horrible place…

I’m happy to jump onto any ride if people need to tick badges off, I’ve only got 2 small ones in New York and then the Uber and PRL Full to do. I’m not really worried about doing those to be honest as I haven’t got the time right now, I’m waiting until the family are away one weekend post Covid and I can be on the turbo for a while.

So throw some options into the hat, I’ll be around for about 2 hours both days, so I will jump out when needed.

forge197
    Free Member

I should be around Sat or Sunday not sure which is best yet won’t be doing any big ones but can do 60-90 mins or so be ok one one of the days.

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

Pending repairing my turbo I should be on for Sunday morning for an hour out two at least.
    As is though its refusing to stay connected to resistance, power and cadence are fine, so every ride is a spin class really. It’s done it off and on before but it’s been every ride for the last few now. Hopefully just needs a Zwift reinstall or something but I think it might need to go back to elite. (it won’t connect over Bluetooth at all now though that could be user error, and it makes a noise like a northern rail commuter service as it slows down)

robbo1234biking

Brian – have you tried regreasing the free hub pawls? Mine was really noisy and I greased them and it was better. Can’t help with the other issues though!

savoyad

I’d join something Saturday morning. The earlier we start, the longer I could stay (7? 7.30? Let’s do 3 past, it was silly busy at the start on the hour the other day).

Mountain 8 looks good if @kirky72 is badge chasing, but it might not be long enough for those of you who like to go on and on (or, having re-read, even for kirky himself).

I like New York. Sorry. It does looks like a campaign to get Everything Bagel in a future race series might be a long one.

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

I like New York. Sorry. It does looks like a campaign to get Everything Bagel in a future race series might be a long one.

To be honest I don’t think it will. When robbo is bored of organising the series he can just schedule every race in new York for his swan song, firm in the knowledge only you will race.

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

have you tried regreasing the free hub pawls

I did try the belt. Worked for about a week. Looks to me like one of the bearings is shot though – one of the rollers looks to rotate “off” and is misshapen and its *full* of rubber dust.

Going to try doing the belt again this weekend and faff with zwift /ant +/BT a bit and see how I get on.

forge197
    Free Member

I’d be up for a Saturday Mountain 8 I’d then skip Sunday and can do 7:33 happy to set it up if you are following me on Zwift

piemonster

I’d be up for an early Saturday ride. I’m heading out fell running with the dog later so might not be the whole ride depending on what’s what.

Not sure I’m connected to @kirky72

kirky72
    Free Member

Mountain 8 at 7.30 Saturday sounds good. I might then do something else afterwards.

If you want to set up forge or oopnorth as you have everybody’s contacts already that would be fab.

If not forge drop em a follow and I’ll follow you back and figure out how to make a meet up (not done it before).

piemonster

I’m now regretting picnic the mountain as my commute

Still, it is actually one of my preferred routes.

oopnorth
    Free Member

Ok I’ve set it up for 7-33am start on Saturday. Mountain 8.
    Those that want to do more can continue afterwards.

If I’ve missed anyone let me know and I’ll add you in.

slowpuncheur
    Free Member

I’m in for Saturday. Hangover permitting. We have a works virtual Christmas do tonight. Oh joy.

Sign me up for Picnic the Mountain @piemonster sounds just up my street:)

I’ll say it again…I like New York.

piemonster

😆 in my defence I was on the last sharp corner on the mast climb when posting that

Garry_Lager

Thks for arranging – I’ve not ticked this one so will join. In the loosest sense of the word, once up the epic I’ll just be turning the legs so don’t wait for me.

forge197
    Free Member

@oopnorth thanks for sorting that, went for a run came back and it’s all been sorted 🙂

See you all tomorrow those of you doing the Mountain 8 👍

Viewing 40 posts - 3,641 through 3,680 (of 4,999 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.