• This topic has 4,998 replies, 121 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by DrP.
Viewing 40 posts - 3,601 through 3,640 (of 4,999 total)
  • Zwift meetups and social rides ?
  • forge197
    Free Member

@savoyad sorry I missed you too and didn’t wave 😂

Thanks @oppnorth preparation for me was key well rested and then just focus on the end goal, it’s definitely not an easy ride out and I did with 4.8miles have a wobble and questioned if I could do it, but took some time to recompose myself and pushed on, as I’d be annoyed to be that close, albeit still a long way from the finish climb wise.

kirky72
    Free Member

Well done forge and Gary have a lager. Awesome effort.

forge197
    Free Member

Thanks @kirky72

robbo1234biking

Well done Garry and Forge.

The wife suggested I might want to do the Uber next weekend as we have no plans now (tier 3 so other than a walk not a lot we can do).

forge197
    Free Member

@robbo1234biking thanks, that sounds a good idea I’d probably give it a miss doing two weekends in a row though if you doing a group ride 😂

oopnorth
    Free Member

If you do it Robbo I might join for an hour or so…to keep company only, but I won’t be doing the full thing you mentalist 🤣🤣

slowpuncheur
    Free Member

Hmmmm. Let me get back to you…

oopnorth
    Free Member

If you do it Robbo I might join for an hour or so…to keep company only, but I won’t be doing the full thing you mentalist 🤣🤣

robbo1234biking

Are you just repeating that oopnorth to make sure you def don’t do it!

forge197
    Free Member

@oopnorth – have a go, once your into it you maybe surprised what you can do.

oopnorth
    Free Member

Bloody phone…resent it just to make sure you got the message 🤣🤣🤣

Nah…after today there was no way I could have done an Alpe plus an extra 40km…its just beyond my abilities right now. I’m not used to 100km distances and it showed this morning

More practice…

robbo1234biking

You could do it oopnorth. There is only one climb really before the alpe and just take that super easy! The alpe will be hard but aim for 7 hairpins and a 5 min break. It’s all about little bites of the elephant – easier to get you head around!

Had a huge pork shoulder, mash and carrot meal for tea and still hungry tonight!

If no one is up for a group ride then I might start early (like 6) and then if anyone wants to join for an hour just choose to ride with a rider and join for a bit.

oopnorth
    Free Member

I’ve been eating all day…bloody hungry after that effort and the full bottle of red helped.

I’ll join you for some of it Robbo, for sure. The Alpe killed me when we did it on the 4 horseman, I don’t want to go near it again for a bit!

kirky72
    Free Member

The wifey is working next weekend so I ll be riding indoors only.

can make either day for the Uber or anything else, around 7.30 is about the earliest I’d like to start though.

slowpuncheur
    Free Member

I’ll say a tentative ‘yes’ to the Uber. Once I know family plans for weekend, I’ll let you know a preference for Saturday or Sunday.

forge197
    Free Member

@robbo1234biking have accepted the commute will make for a recovery ride.

robbo1234biking

6.45 am commute club if anyone wants an invite? Volcano climb so about 20km with a 10 min climb at the end.

See you in the morning forge!

robbo1234biking

Cheers @forge197 I think I would have ducked out of that if I was left to my own motivation!

Think I will wait and see how I feel after tomorrow night before committing to the Uber on Saturday. Legs were a bit fatigued this morning but felt OK after getting up the Volcano climb and clearing them out a bit.

forge197
    Free Member

@robbo1234biking I’d have done the same if I hadn’t committed, as didn’t need the mileage.

That said felt good, and feel all the better for it, fastest up the climb in the last 30 days albeit that was the Horsemen and Uber rides.

slowpuncheur
    Free Member

So how is everyone’s legs feeling this morning? Is the Uber still in the offing? Given the last race next Tuesday is up the Epic KOM, I would definitely prefer to get an extra day’s rest and do the Uber this Saturday. Works better for family stuff too.

oopnorth
    Free Member

I’ll join for an hour or two if you do it.

So if this is done will there be no Sunday ride this week? If anyone wants I can set up something nice and tame for an 8am start, like a Yorkshire ride or something.

mrhoppy

I’m going up the Alpe on Friday to finally tick off my Tron bike if anyone wants to join me I can set up a meet-up. Start at 7:30, not going to be a crazy pace, 70-75 minutes for the climb ish and 10minutes for the lead in.

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

Am I assume hoppy? If so pop me an invite, not going to promise but I’ve the day off so may join you before I start on jobs.

robbo1234biking

I am doubtful for this weekend for the Uber – hoping to rode a proper bike outside on Sunday and wont have time with family stuff on the Saturday. If I have time can join you for an hour or so!

I have signed up to do the Bologna TT on Friday at 17:00 to make up for only doing 12 minutes yesterday!

weeksy

Weekend, Swinley Summit is re-opening 🙂 So it’s jumps and trying not to break my hand again 🙂

oopnorth
    Free Member

So it’s everyone doing their own thing this weekend then? Suits me as I can ride around my DIY I have planned, might just jump onto some Zwift arranged events in the mornings.

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

I have signed up to do the Bologna TT on Friday at 17:00 to make up for only doing 12 minutes yesterday!

Ohhhhh big news.

You can now [finally] share events from the android companion app following Monday’s update.

mrhoppy

@dangeourbrain oh god no! PM I’m not a monster.

robbo1234biking

You can now [finally] share events from the android companion app following Monday’s update.

only via email or text etc isn’t it? You cant forward onto a follower on Zwift though can you?

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

@robbo1234biking well no, obviously, this is zwift. It’s a big step forward though, you couldn’t even generate a link on android previously.

robbo1234biking

Would be so handy if you could as a couple of people didn’t have the link last night so I had to log onto here and use the messaging system. Wondering if that is what caused my issue as I left Zwift running whilst opening a internet browser (3 month old laptop but this is Zwift!)

slowpuncheur
    Free Member

I don’t really fancy the Uber solo so perhaps lets pencil it in for when a few are willing and able to do it. I might try the Alpe again as I must be due the wheels by now. Need them for Tuesday;)

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

oh god no! [7.30] PM I’m not a monster.

You realise that’s a good hour after any respectable adult (10 hours if they’ve children) will have started drinking on a Friday? Sounds pretty monstrous to me.

robbo1234biking

Yeh 7.30am would be my preference to do that lol. I would be drinking beer by 7.30pm!

mrhoppy

Yeah but if you rode up the Alpe you don’t need to do much drinking for full effects.

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

Yeah but if you rode up the Alpe you don’t need to do much drinking for full effects.

Full effects? 7.30pm on a Friday and you’re not already indulging in STW approved hipster brew?

You’re a yoof aren’t you?

robbo1234biking

I cant do the Uber this weekend but have put in a short ride for Sat morning if anyone wants to join in. Sent an invite out to about 60 but if I missed you off let me know.

Out and back again on MTBs!

forge197
    Free Member

I’ll join you Saturday that length and the start time suit perfectly with how I saw the weekend and was just wondering what do, so will do this and FulGaz ride I think.

Will make sure I have swapped to the MTB before the start.

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

I’ve signed on robbo – not sure quite what my weekend looks like at the moment mind so might be I jump ship

savoyad

I’m in. I hope to make it to the end, failing that at least to the summit of the volcano. MTBs around the desert will be unusual.

Viewing 40 posts - 3,601 through 3,640 (of 4,999 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.