• This topic has 4,998 replies, 121 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by DrP.
Viewing 40 posts - 3,001 through 3,040 (of 4,999 total)
  • Zwift meetups and social rides ?
  • robbo1234biking

Used best bike split to calculate my time to complete four horsemen and it came out as 1 minute over 4 hours! 80% intensity factor and 270w ftp. Guessing oopnorth and slowpuncheur would be a similar time! I managed 82% if this morning so that is reasonable.

Mega pretzel is 6 minutes quicker so not a lot between them. Uber pretzel is 5hrs 24min!

oopnorth
    Free Member

4 hours??? Reckon alpe being last it may be worse than that…I’ll need DrP’s power this morning haha.

Will need to be an early one…7am maybe.

forge197
    Free Member

Mega Pretzel took me 4:00:29 with a 12 min break so 3:48:15 ride time.

Happy to do Four Horseman on the 7th let’s get it done and planning now means I can put a couple days rest in before doing it, I don’t mind the Alpe being at the end make it more epic.

robbo1234biking

You have to ride down the alpe and back into town! Just tried to create the meet-up but it doesn’t let you plan that far ahead but 7th at 7am works for me. Will put it in closer to the time.

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

I’m in.

You have to ride down the alpe

You’ll be glad of the coast, you would not want to try climbing off your turbo at the top after the rest of that.

forge197
    Free Member

Thanks Robbo, that final sprint on four horseman might be a bit lacklustre 😂😂 looking forward to it great challenge

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

that final sprint on four horseman might be a bit lacklustre 😂

I think we should make that a challenge. Anyone who manages less than 120% of ftp on the sprint has to do another lap!

forge197
    Free Member

I think we should make that a challenge. Anyone who manages less than 120% of ftp on the sprint has to do another lap!

And keep doing laps till we make 120%…. LOL I’ll be glad to have made it to that point, it will mean nearly over 6000ft of climbing has been done

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

it will mean nearly over 6000ft of climbing has been done

Off on a tangent I know but…

Your use of ft reminds me of advice I was given years ago about prepping for a 5k run for the sedentary, it went something like :

Women, try walking 1k, now walk 2,run 500m… Well done you can now run 5k
    it was about 6 weeks of incremental (sensible) increase.

Men: 5k is 3 miles. 3. 3 is a little number. You can run that. You might die but YOU’RE A MAAAN. Well done you can run 3 miles. Unit conversions are your friend, make it sound small and hate yourself if you’re incapable.

Moral of the story, it sounds much less daunting in m. Use m for climbing and Mi for distance. Most of it is psychological anyway. It’s why we still drink in pints not half litres.

robbo1234biking

10 pints is more impressive to the Mrs than 5 litres when you get home after a night out? All before 10pm of course!

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

10 pints is more impressive to the Mrs than 5 litres when you get home after a night out?

Let’s be honest – 10 pints sounds exactly the same as 5 litres. 🤮

We’re not 20 any more!

DrP

Ping us an invite for the 7 th… again.. I’ll have to leave for ballet, but will get 2 and a bit hours in!

DrP

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

but will get 2 and a bit hours in!

If you can hold today’s pace you’ll be done in less than that. 😉

robbo1234biking

Right have made a note of those on my phone who are interested so when it closer to the date I will send the invite out.

We’re not 20 any more!

Nope – had my two beers for the week now!

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

Yeah, tomorrow is going to be rubbish

forge197
    Free Member

that is a tangent on the KM vs miles 🙂

Thanks for the Wednesday invite

slowpuncheur
    Free Member

I’ll make a note for 7am on 7th. Gives me a month to carb load!:)

mrhoppy

Reminder that there’s a STW ride tonight, any last calls for invites before the 7.30 start, shout out.

There is a discord link in the zwift details too.

DrP

Cheers, but out riding IRL tonight…

Might set up a workout ride tomorrow eve, if anyone is interested???

Honestly, we should all give the “ZA Sprint session, workout 2” a go..it’s quite fun!!

DrP

slowpuncheur
    Free Member

What’s the ride tonight @mrhoppy?

mrhoppy

@slowpuncheur 1 hr of Richmond fan flats, steady ride 2wkg ish with sprints on each lap. Starting at 7.30.

slowpuncheur
    Free Member

Could you drop me an invite please. P Tunstall on Zwift. thanks

mrhoppy

Done

slowpuncheur
    Free Member

Thanks!

DrP

OK.. i’ve looked out the window and chatted to riding buddies… looks unlikely anyone will be out tonight…
    I’ve accepted the invite! Might try the Rapha CC ride from 1830, then join this….

DrP

oopnorth
    Free Member

I’m oot tonight, concentrating on Thursday TTT for now, until the Tuesday race series returns.

Enjoy all!

kevt

@mrhoppy, can i have an invite to the meetup please?

scaredypants

sorry to duck out early, gents – my lovely wife came in to laugh & watch me die in my final sprint & then tell me my tea’s ready

mrhoppy

Good ride everyone, thanks for that. I’ll set another one up for London Classique next week.

My sprinting is crack at the moment, I need to do a few more of these and finally crack the 1000W ceiling.

Let’s try the STW discord for that one.

zilog6128

Good ride all! I too had to duck out early, but because my legs fell off 😀 Got to leave something in the tank for thurs
    some good sprinting there! Pace definitely picked up towards the end too!!

robbo1234biking

Thanks all! Didn’t have much in the tank tonight!

Thanks for sorting Chris!

mossimus
    Free Member

Thanks all good fun. Not sure NP of 270W counts as easy mind.

giggsmaster
    Free Member

Cheers for that Guys, nice workout!

Can’t make next week as I’m working away early on, so no Zwift for me!

oopnorth
    Free Member

Sorry Forge but I had to cancel the meetup to change route so I lost the meetup comms with you. I did direct message you through the companion app but you may not have seen it.

Anyway thanks to you and Robbo for the ride this morning

robbo1234biking

Cheers both. Was good to clear the legs. Rest now until tomorrow evening (apart from painting the downstairs toilet…best do some work as well I guess!)

forge197
    Free Member

All good I did a decent hours ride, committing to a ride meant I got up and did a decent ride set up for the day now.

oopnorth
    Free Member

Right, so who is in for some Sunday hills?

Thinking around 2 hours this week after last weeks epic….plus an 8am start good for all?

So options….

First 3 are a bit of everything…
    Bigger loop
    Big foot hills
    Dust in the wind

Tour of fire and ice (the Alpe!)

London’s Surrey hills (basically all hills with not much flat)

Innsbruck??

Or a Ventoux but I think we would be all riding solo so not much of a group ride.

Thoughts? Any other options?
    Let me know your preference and I’ll set it up with invites.

robbo1234biking

Any of the first 3 are fine for me.

Undecided about the Alpe 🙂

Not too fussed about Ventoux or Surrey Hills.

slowpuncheur
    Free Member

I’m up for Sunday morning. As above, not interested in Ventoux.

oopnorth
    Free Member

Yeah those are my preferences too, a bit of everything and a bunched group ride!

I’ll await to see if there is any other feedback from others and then choose one of the 3 if no other options.

Viewing 40 posts - 3,001 through 3,040 (of 4,999 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.