• This topic has 4,998 replies, 121 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by DrP.
Viewing 40 posts - 2,561 through 2,600 (of 4,999 total)
  • Zwift meetups and social rides ?
  • oopnorth
    Free Member

Think Thursday I will take it more easy…i always go too hard on the Richmond hills and burn out, need to chill to do twice around.

DrP

hmm… companion app can’t find you robbo1234….

DrP

edit… it’s R space OBBO! gotcha

robbo1234biking

Soz about that – you should have invite now!

robbo1234biking

Just had a look at my time up the hill today against my previous fastest. Today I was tired and didn’t feel I did very well after a ride last night and not a great nights sleep.

My time today was 29:11 with a average power of 249W and HR av of 155bpm (162 max so wasn’t a full on effort. Last time I rode it back it May I did it in 30:24 with an average power of 238W and a HR av of 161bpm (174 max) so it shows the fitness gains over 2 months that on an off day I was able to put out more power at a lower average HR. Ill take that improvement!

oopnorth
    Free Member

Nice work Robbo.

oopnorth
    Free Member

Just checked, turns out it wasn’t my fastest this morning as I thought, that was 2 weeks ago, a 26:50. Never knew I’d done it that quick (for me, not comparing some of you whippets!! haha)

Looks like our turbo training is working Robbo!

forge197
    Free Member

Great improvement well done

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

Good effort!

I’m about to make a stab of it since I didn’t get up this morning. I think I’m going to regret not doing this before the heat built up

forge197
    Free Member

It’s was warm enough this Morning 🙂

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

Lordy Lord.

That was hot and bloody hard!

21.50 on the hill, I think that’s apb by about 30 seconds. 1st on the sprint in 21.53 which I think was fair respectable after the climb,. 2 of a second up on the previous.

12th overall* in just over 44min and two of those were holding 7w/kg from the word go, first place was 15.05 up the hill 🤣

Pretty much an ITT by the bottom of the climb, I was with the front bunch until then but they were all at 5w/kg or more up the climb and I’d lost sight of them all by the village.

I could definitely tell is done the commute today as well. Probably for the best I didn’t do that this morning. I think I’d have given up and just sat down in the sunshine half way between here and the office.

*not a race, it clearly is a race.

forge197
    Free Member

I don’t recall my hill time and no idea where to find it post ride, 44mins is a very respectable time I did 48:12. and came in 101st.

Don’t think I’ve done any of these group rides that hasn’t actually felt anything but a race…. LOL I either think I’d like to finish within the top half, top 1000 top 100 and you kind of then get a bit sucked in to pushing on, and also you do naturally push towards the rider ahead.

Sounds like did a damn good effort and in less than ideal conditions.

oopnorth
    Free Member

Great times there Brian, times I could only dream of!

It’s always a race…in fact I find these group rides harder as you are with all categories and end up chasing down much better riders 🤣🤣

Be gentle in the morning speed demons!

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

Be gentle in the morning speed demons!

I think I’ll be lucky if my legs get out of bed at the same time as the rest of me tomorrow!

forge197
    Free Member

Message issues today need to work out the issue with that later !

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

So, first off apologies for seeming ignorant – I could read messages just not reply. Sorry Forge, I had a full conversation going with you before I twigged that.

Were you late joining Forge? Wondering if that might have been the cause of message issues?

I had a windows update install which delayed me getting on by about 3 minutes. Late join just dumped me road side in Paris for a few minutes then teleported me to Forge, who I assume was last man on the road. That will work OK if everyone is in a group but I suspect it’ll just group any late comers in practice.

The group timer finished before my ride timer so despite being a little under three min late I had the full 45 to do, not just the 42 until finish time. A nice bit slightly mean touch. Bloody roadies.

Cheers for slowing up folks, that was a hard route for me for a catch and my legs were a bit empty after the tarmac ride last night.

oopnorth
    Free Member

I tried messaging you forge but I realised you were not getting them. Maybe try a reinstall? Or an update of possible.

Enjoyed that this morning, wasn’t feeling it when I jumped on the bike but I soon got into it.

So Robbo, did you do race results as planned? Did it work?

At least you caught us for the last lap Brian

robbo1234biking

Yeh was a bit of a disaster. Would possibly do meet up only view for that circuit again as it was so busy and you ended up on the wrong wheel and couldn’t get past.

So race results…you have to select it in the create meetup view (there is a drop down) so no I didn’t get any results but I know what I did wrong so I guess that is a win!

Week off for me now – getting away for a few days – need it really. Going to treat it as a bit of an off season and to recharge ready for the autumn zwift lock down season!

forge197
    Free Member

I was on time but no messenger when I shut the app down the bike disconnected so was stationary for a bit then paired it to ATV and did an update on the app but still the same, will reinstall and try it again as the update didn’t sort.

I am not a fan of repetitive laps but went on to do 3 in the time and as I’d started competed the 4th.

No pace today tired and hot 😂

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

No pace today tired and hot 😂

Amen to that

getting away for a few days

Anywhere nice?

robbo1234biking

Anywhere nice?

Cheltenham way for a couple of days and then the Lakes for a couple of days. Not really doing a lot just not in this house for a bit and no work to do!

DrP

That was fun…disjointed but fun!

Good course as a few gradients mean the powerhouses and the waifs are well matched!

Repetitive laps on your own are horrid, but make a sharp, fast group format fun!

Let’s do it again, meetup only view, and get more on board!

DrP

oopnorth
    Free Member

Let’s do it again, meetup only view, and get more on board!

For sure…I can also do evenings but only if after 7-15pm due to work…or weekends!

No pace today tired and hot

Definitely helped with the extra fan today. I can definitely recommend the industrial floor fan from screwfix I got last night. Only £34 and powerful. Not too noisy, can’t hear it with headphones on.

A chilled one for me tomorrow in the Tarmac event, think I’ll just chill ride with the group leader and main pack.

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

Well that ruined me, I kept Checking my tyres on the commute thinking they were flat, pace down by about 20% on a normal day and had to put a sugar in my coffee to try pick me up!

Thinking the tarmac ride this evening might be too much of an ask but I’ll not get it done tomorrow alongside my commute and the TTT.

That’ll certainly make a good social course with a few more as suggested.

Enjoy Cheltenham and the lakes.

mrhoppy

I’m on the tarmac ride at 8 tonight. I suspect it will be horrid if the weather keeps up like it is at the moment but I won’t have the chance otherwise. I’m not a great fan of Richmond circuit but I’ve not ridden. it as a group ride before, it might improve it.

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

It’ll be the 6pm for me if I make it, need to be done by 7pm as I’m out for dinner at 7.30…

I’m hoping the heat dies off a bit! I can’t recall the Richmond uci course, I’m guessing it’s got that short nasty climb on it but otherwise fairly flat? I’m sure I’ve done it at some point mind. I think I’ll just have to find a group I can happily sit in and take the tow today.

robbo1234biking

WE did it as a Tuesday evening group ride once. 2 laps in under 1 hour so you should be fine. 3 short sharp hills at the end but a pretty quick course. YOu will fly up the hills anyway.

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

YOu will fly up the hills anyway.

Ha, on the way in this morning I spotted a rather portly gent on a situp and beg about 200m ahead of me on the one proper hill, (6% ish at 1k long) thought I’m dragging my heels a bit today but a little effort and i’ll have him plenty before the top. Couldn’t seem to summon the strength to put any real time in to him but put it down to legs and the fact I was absolutely on a go slow. Finally caught him with about 2m to go and realised it wasn’t wheezing I could hear but a bloody hub motor.
    I’m ruined.

robbo1234biking

Finally caught him with about 2m to go and realised it wasn’t wheezing I could hear but a bloody hub motor.

Yep I have done that on my commute – couldn’t catch up to someone, when I eventually did catch up realised it had a motor!

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

Anyone who says ebikes aren’t good exercise has never chased one up a hill.

oopnorth
    Free Member

I’m trying to summon the will to complete the Tarmac event, getting up at 5-30am isn’t the best, only doing it for a chance at the Spesh bike which let’s be honest is never going to happen! Richmond UCI isn’t my favorite, one lap is fine, but two?? It’s the sharp hills, they urge you to go hard up them rather than sitting back.

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

You mean you’re not just in it for the Jersey?

robbo1234biking

Do you get different jerseys for each stage?!

It is quite a smart jersey actually!

oopnorth
    Free Member

I believe it’s just one jersey for all stages, but like you said it’s quite smart but clashes with my lime green Tron! 😉 Think I need to go pink on the bike…

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

Oh dear. Mrs brain has stolen my fan. This is going to be rubbish

oopnorth
    Free Member

Nooooo!! It will be a sweat fest!! Enjoy! 😉

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

Horrid. Horrid. Horrid.

oopnorth
    Free Member

Did you love the hills?

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

Right then, anyone fool enough to join me I’m going to put in a group ride for Venn top, Saturday at 8am,

I’ve lost the usual list of folk for weekend hills as I’ve not run one for too long sorry so anyhow wanting an invite shout up.

Craig I’ve bobbed you an invite just so I can set it up really!

It’s not on meetup only view, I expect it’ll be busy but a slot up a hill is always best done with some folk to follow.

DrP

anyone fancy another 0630 champs Ellyse tomorrow?

I’ll ping out some invites if there’s interest…

DrP

oopnorth
    Free Member

Brian – No worries, I’ll see how I feel Saturday, all depending on the heat and how many beers I consume Friday night 🙂

DrP – ping me an invite, I’ll join if I’m up in time.

Viewing 40 posts - 2,561 through 2,600 (of 4,999 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.