• This topic has 4,998 replies, 121 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by DrP.
Viewing 40 posts - 2,521 through 2,560 (of 4,999 total)
  • Zwift meetups and social rides ?
  • robbo1234biking

Think I can only do Stage 1 as we are away end of next week.

Should be fine for the morning – feeling good after this evenings ride.

robbo1234biking

Apologies @oop north. Might have overslept and my 6 year old alarm clock did the same!

DrP

I’m gonna have a ride tonight… prob 60 min around Watopia, not too hilly.. still riding one armed!

will head off about 1830… any takers?

DrP

oopnorth
    Free Member

No problems Robbo, I just did 2 laps of the Richmond UCI, legs were not really feeling it but pushed on and got 2 PB’s on the climbs so not all bad!

Good to see you moving again DrP, hope the arm is not too much of a hindrance.

DrP

Cheers.. TBH the arm is a MASSIVE hinderance! looking at my garmin data it was pretty much a 20mph crash onto welsh rocks, so not just the broken wrist, but busted and achey back, neck, ribs and shoulders!! What a numpty!

Just nice to have a bit if energy to get the legs turning again!

DrP

oopnorth
    Free Member

Oooooow sounds nasty! Healing vibes to you!

Regarding the Tarmac challenge @ Forge, looks like I won’t be doing it due to the times, I sit between the 6am and 9-30am times in the morning, neither work for me! Really strange timings in some of these challenges lately.

oopnorth
    Free Member

Cheers for the invite DrP but unfortunately I can’t make this evening. Have a good ride!

weeksy

I’ll see, but i raced this morning so depends how the legs feel later.

forge197
    Free Member

Just looked at the Tarmac times not very friendly are they for morning rides might do some early starts LOL, I’ll see!

robbo1234biking

I can do Mon through Wed next week (although Wed might have to be an earlier start).

Once the updates get through to iOS I will put out some invites.

We can do the France worlds so I would propose the following:

Mon – Roule Ma Poule

Tues – Paris with sprints

Wed – Douce France

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

I might have a try at getting out of my pit for the 6am starts on the tarmac challenge. Beyond the actual getting out of bed bit it should fit well with pedaling to the office at least as I should be finished plenty before 7am even on the longer routes.

Is the big French hill added for groups in the update too? Might be tempted to try that on Sunday before work.

robbo1234biking

Yeh all of the france routes will be available in group rides. You can do the full Mont Ventoux (which in Ven Top) or up to Chalet Reynard (La Reines).

If you want to put an invite out for one of those routes just so you can ride it but cant find any takes then add me on the invite list. I wont respond but it allows you to ride the route on your own.

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

I wont respond

Why not!?!

I might put one out as a possible Sunday hills, won’t be silly early as I’ve no intention of being in the office at normal o’clock on a Sunday

robbo1234biking

Why not!?!

Away this weekend so cant do Sunday hills. Going to see some family before we get additional restrictions placed in the Autumn!

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

Going to see some family before we get additional restrictions placed in the Autumn!

Oh ye of little faith.

You won’t have to wait until autumn, for once the government will deliver early.

oopnorth
    Free Member

I’m not available sunday or monday, although I might be able to squeeze an hour in very early doors sunday but not sure.
    I’ll be up for Tuesday and Wednesday so count me in.

Did 5 laps of Paris this morning which was fun! Would be good for an early commute sprint ride.

oopnorth
    Free Member

If any are thinking of the tarmac rides, I might join you on a 6am one if I can get up in time!

robbo1234biking

Tuesday 6am tarmac ride anyone?

If so long course (includes climb) or short course (3 laps of the Innsbruck ring)

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

I’ve signed on for the long course at 6 on Tuesday and Thursday

robbo1234biking

I thought David Walliams was doing it but it is David Williams! I’m in for Tuesday. Paris crit hopefully on Wednesday.

oopnorth
    Free Member

Ok I’ll sign up for Tuesday too, get up early! Long course yes??

I’ve never done a crit, too worried about getting totally left for dead haha!! need to try one but I’m not built for speed!

robbo1234biking

Yep long course!

forge197
    Free Member

Can’t do this weekend will look at the Tuesday long course Tarmac ride may do that with you.

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

Anyone fancy Sunday hills tomorrow?

oopnorth
    Free Member

Unfortunately can’t mate, out early doors tomorrow on a road trip.

My next ride will be the tarmac one on Tuesday

Enjoy!

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

TT up the alpe it is then!

oopnorth
    Free Member

There is a team vegan ride at 8-30am in the morning up to Ven-top. I rode with them last week up the Alpe, it was a good group ride. Not sure if that interests you?

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

Ah, ta for the suggestion. Might give that a go

oopnorth
    Free Member

That hill is torture, best to do in a group or part of an event I reckon 😁

forge197
    Free Member

I’ve put Tuesday 6am in so will virtually see you there.

DrP

I’m gonna try the szr sunrise ride at 0705… 8 laps of the fan flats in a big group…got to get the legs strong again!
    Anyone ?

DrP

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

Not for me sorry, no way I’d make the office for 8.30

robbo1234biking

I have done a Paris meet-up for Wed morning. Sorry it is early but I have to be in the office. I am interested to see what results we get to start making a Zwift mini series for STW.

DrP

All Meetups now support Late Join. Players can join a Meetup up to 30 minutes after it has started…..

this looks good for when our tea isn’t quite ready!

also.. can i have a Paris invite please..

DrP

robbo1234biking

DrP – you need to follow me and then I can invite you. Zwift username is the same as my forum name. CHeers.

forge197
    Free Member

My messenger wasn’t working or everyone was silent today, first large group ride with no chat, anyhow quite warm this morning for that much climbing, enjoyed it though was good, hope to see you tomorrow

oopnorth
    Free Member

You passed me on the climb Forge, when I was at the town sprint you were on the other side of the river, think I finished 2 minutes down on you. You were not showing as one of my “friends” like Robbo was, I couldn’t message you but was chatting with others.

I went off too hard thinking Robbo was up front and trying to catch him, turns out it wasn’t him Lol! Was too hot on the climb but I held on and think it was my fastest time up there.

See you tomorrow for Paris, then Thursday am for the Richmond 2 lapper

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

Sorry I missed this morning folks, really poor night’s sleep so turned off the alarm and back to bed.

Hope to make tomorrow morning

forge197
    Free Member

Good work, I thought I passed you, I had a bit of tech issue got to the start with about 60 seconds to spare and messenger didn’t seem to be working, when I was awake at 4am with load of stuff spinning in my head I didn’t think I’d make the go at all so worked out fine.

A false chase that’s quite funny a good motivator though.

Looking forward to France did a cool down on there after the tarmac event, I’ll see if I can do the Thursday one too.

robbo1234biking

I did message you Forge but obviously not working. It needs a group chat where you can add people you in on group rides so you can have a subchat with more than one person.

Wasn’t too bad – I stuck with the group lead on the climb but still beat my best time up there by over a minute. You flew up Craig.

Was in a big group on the descent and then it glitched and everyone disappeared. I carried on and about a minute later it came back on but I was 30 seconds down on the main group on my own so I rolled in. Not too disappointed seeing as I did a 2hour road ride last night.

Viewing 40 posts - 2,521 through 2,560 (of 4,999 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.