• This topic has 4,998 replies, 121 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by DrP.
Viewing 40 posts - 1,881 through 1,920 (of 4,999 total)
  • Zwift meetups and social rides ?
  • robbo1234biking

I would be in D so maybe 50 mins. That would be a tough 50 mins!

mooman
    Free Member

How long will 14 laps take?

My guess would be no longer than 40 minutes if you can stay with front group.

zilog6128

Last C winner was 38 mins, mid pack was about 40. Must admit I prefer the shorter Crit races, this is sounding more like a regular one!

DrP

well I’ve entered b category… hope I’m back from work in time… weeksy and copping in there with me too!

DrP

weeksy

Nice one Doc. We can suffer together.

I think me and the boy are off jumping at lunch, so as long as we survive that, we’re in.

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

I can’t make tomorrow for the crit but it’s put me in mind…

So, commute Club on Wednesday I’m thinking maybe something a wee bit different… There’s an “E” time trial at 7am on tempus fugit (confusingly called Tuesday TT despite being a Wednesday so its perfect.

Anyone fancy it?

Enjoy the crit, 14 laps on that will be bloody hard work if the short format is anything to go by…

oopnorth
    Free Member

I’m in for tomorrow DB as long as my back is okay in the morning…old man syndrome from bending too much today 😉

TT on Wednesday commute…not sure. Never done one and I’m not known for flat speed haha. Is it single riders or groups? Staggered start?
    I’ll think on it, I might do some more hills…

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

Never done one

Makes two of us…

is it single riders or groups? Staggered start?

As an E cat I guess it’s mass (ish) start on TT bikes so no draft but you’ll fall in with a group. It’s a guess though, there could be aliens and lasers for all I know.

I’ll think on it, I might do some more hills…

(if possible aliens and lasers doesn’t sell it to you nothing will)

oopnorth
    Free Member

Decided to have a rest day, so won’t be at the commute meet up.

Enjoy!

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

I’m trying to resist the same temptation!

forge197
    Free Member

Can’t make commutes this week, I’ve another ride I need to get done and catch-up on some running, may do Sunday Hills if there is one but again tentative this week as depends on where I am at with a few targets I set myself.

I’ve added a mount to my trainer make it easier to use the companion app and save balancing tablet on bars, so am all set for more zwifting 👍

Have good rides and races this week

piemonster

Recovery ride by the sounds of it

kelvinshuffle
    Free Member

I was gonna go for a run rather than Zwift today but as I’ve started riding with WKG as well I know so many people entered for the Crit this evening finding it seriously hard to resist entering.

DrP

I’m still in for the race…but as I took a nice big tumble on saturday (showing off in front of the GF!!!) my arse is killing me and my R forearm all scraped up, I’ll prob have a significant L>R leg power difference!!!

DrP

weeksy

I’ve been out today but was only 6-7km at boy and wife pace so I’m all good. Still think I’ve got fatigue in the legs, but I’ll have a go

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

nice big tumble on saturday (showing off in front of the GF!!!) my arse is killing me

You took a nice big tumble with your GF and as a result your arse is killing you?

I’m not sure how much attention you paid in sex Ed but that’s a fair way from how it usually works.

If thats what works for you though love honey are on the singletrack commission list. Try a smaller size at least to begin with.

DrP

don’t kink shame… It’s in the Forum rules you know… 😉

DrP

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

I’m a grown man who “meets” up with people I’ve never met to cycle in front of a computer instead of going outside in the sunshine. I’m not sure I’m able to shame anyone.

Oh, on the subject of shameless geekery I shouldn’t admit out loud, there’s a thread round abouts today has introduced me to the fact you can now play grand theft auto 5 on your smart trainer.

Ride by shootings ahoy!

mrhoppy

Well it looks like there will be a decent bunch of you in cat B but I’m gonna be lonely in cat C.

weeksy

you know how to resolve that then Hoppy 🙂

kelvinshuffle
    Free Member

Mass start isn’t it? So all aboard the Phil56 train and hold on for as long as we can!

mossimus
    Free Member

The Crit race tonight is stage 1/3 of this months WKG 3-Way. Stage 2 is 1 lap of Innsbruckring tomorrow night, the final stage is next Monday and will be a hilly race.

If you want to contend the 3 stages append (B3-WAY) to Zwift and ZP profiles, change letter to reflect your cat and join the 3Way strava group

https://www.strava.com/clubs/WKG-3WAY

Overall positions are calculated on cumulative time with time bonuses for first 5 positions on each stage

mooman
    Free Member

Seeing as it’s a 25km not the 16km crit I shall enter as B cat too .. and risk the Disq if it goes over by too much.
    I got no chance of getting a podium anyways because lack of sprint always lets me down.

DrP

Lesson here.. make sure your back brake works before showing off with wheelie ‘skills’!

DrP

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

Looks like rug burn to me.

Also nettles need trimming. Path needs weeding etc.

forge197
    Free Member

@kelvinshuffle that’s why my running has been low this month signed up Tour for All few group rides been good and when you commit to them then they need to be done.

@dangeourbrain
    LOL

weeksy

Copping, the doc and Phil, Sheesh, anyone have a spare 30w I can use for the night?

kelvinshuffle
    Free Member

Mooman you’re on the verge of a Zwiftpower cat bump anyway aren’t you?

mooman
    Free Member

Kelvin – just skimming under the A cat W/KG at moment .. I know I am not an A cat; and would only be riding in with the B cats if entered as an A anyways.

That’s why I have been avoiding very short races; they exaggerate your w/kg and bump you up!

I hope I average below 4w/kg tonight .. but 25km is still very short and I expect to either get bumped up or Disq; Disq would suit me better🤞

weeksy

25km ain’t going to feel short I’m sure!

Thinking of how I’ll play this, I’ll likely not try and go with the lead group as I’ll suffer after 6 laps

mooman
    Free Member

25k = less than 16 miles .. too short a distance for anyone to be thinking of pacing themselves, so a very painful 35mins!!

See yous in mo😬

DrP

I’m spinning around Richmond at the mo… how does this work then? just spin on the turbo by the side of the road till “go”?

I was going to stream the race, but laptop being stupid!

DrP

kelvinshuffle
    Free Member

I am gonna regret eating before this aren’t I!.

See you in the pen!

kelvinshuffle
    Free Member

Well that was confusing with all the different groups on the road! Also thought I had an extra lap left at the end!

DrP

ooh… that would have been fun to stream!

****… it was hard!

me and weeksy drafting together for the first 10 laps… fun!

DrP

weeksy

Oooft. Was dropped early from lead group and we then massed up into a group from 42nd to about 65th for 7-8 laps. I was sitting in the group with Dr P and doing ok. Hiding in the group as much as possible. I then saw clearly what was about to happen and it did!!! The lead group came through to lap us and it was carnage, our group shattered and I was on the wrong side of a split.
    Ended up in a group of 8-9 holding off the group behind, went too early in the sprint with a van but it never really paid off.
    Reasonable result and I’m pouring like I’ve been in the shower

kelvinshuffle
    Free Member

I think that’s when me and Ant got gapped from Phil, I’ve not raced much on Crit City but does that happen a lot Weeksy?

mooman
    Free Member

Yep – I was on my limit by then; we came up to lap the big group of B cats, and I got stuck in the sticky draft of the group we were lapping .. school boy error of not pushing on hard through them (not mentioning I didn’t have strength in legs too ..).

Sat in with that group to finish.

Me & Kelvin finished on same time. Phil finished a minute ahead in lead group.

DrP

were you guys A cat?

DrP

weeksy

I think that’s when me and Ant got gapped from Phil, I’ve not raced much on Crit City but does that happen a lot Weeksy

No as they’re usually split Cats. So you don’t see them

Viewing 40 posts - 1,881 through 1,920 (of 4,999 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.