• This topic has 4,998 replies, 121 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by DrP.
Viewing 40 posts - 641 through 680 (of 4,999 total)
  • Zwift meetups and social rides ?
  • tomlevell

Hadn’t realised we were sprinting end of second lap and hard the 3rd lap.
    Was off the back helping people back on. Had to sprint from the banner to past the 180 turn to get back in. Couldn’t hold the front 3 on the final rise about 1km to go

weeksy

So, Friday, do we need 2 rides?

1 a bit slower and 1 faster?

weeksy

Wasn’t me To, the last 1.4kn to end of lap 2 they all started chomping at the bit and getting feisty

tomlevell

Last lap was my fastest ever. 2 lap race previously was 6seconds slower per lap!

Tiger6791

There was another group in same tops as us that confused me. It happens easily when you’re an idiot.

That was the Spanish STW

timidwheeler

Lol. I was happily cruising along with all my Spanish friends. Then we turned a corner and they all left me.

Thank you for organising that Weeksy.

IvanDobski
    Free Member

Would there be any takers for an RGT group ride or “race“? I’ve hardly used it but I’m pretty sure it’s quite easy to create private rides?

tomlevell

Enjoyed it again.
    Was wondering what the heck I was doing on the last lap clinging on the last third.

mooman
    Free Member

weeksy
    Subscriber
    So, Friday, do we need 2 rides?

1 a bit slower and 1 faster?

I am on 8am-8pm tomorrow and Friday, so only able to ride Thursday.

Will have to try and make it next week if you doing Tuesday again.

jaminb
    Free Member

Thanks Weeksy I enjoyed that much more than saturday once I worked out where everyone was and dropped into the pack for the 2nd lap. I noticed a slight improvement in performance but have a long way to go to get up with you guys based on the 3rd lap performance.

How does the race end ? I got to the hour and stopped but there was no finish line – is that right?

thanks again and I will drop Jnr Weeksy a couple of quid for his noble ride on Sat

robbo1234biking

Good ride. Did the last lap with zilog and Atkinson. Was on the limit for most of it it felt like!

Garry_Lager

Thanks for organising Weeksy – enjoyed that, nice escalation of effort.

Dug in up the rise out of that underpass last lap, then dropped by a sharp turn from Benman toward the crest – hung on to johnny and peesbee chasing him back to a couple of seconds gap, caned it on the final sprint to catch Benman but then tragedy! Sat up too soon before the line and was passed by johnny and peesbee coming back. Good riding all, was fun.

DavidB
    Free Member

How does the race end ? I got to the hour and stopped but there was no finish line – is that right?

This.

I couldn’t see any indicator of laps or finish. I just rode until the hour was up.

weeksy

How does the race end ?

Today’s was end of 3rd lap which came about 52-54 mins for the faster guys.

weeksy

The actual ride event is 1 hour but I try and time it so we end at a finish line on 50 something.

J-R

Thanks Weeksy that was great fun, only my second ride with STW. It seemed to work a lot better as a group than the 6 Train, in general I don’t like flat courses but as a group ride this was great.

If the slower riders were ok with the 170W ish pace for the first laps, I’d prefer 1 big social group ride with free ride last lap rather than separate fast and slow groups.

weeksy

If the slower riders were ok with the 170W ish pace for the first laps, I’d prefer 1 big social group ride with free ride last lap rather than separate fast and slow groups.

That’s my preference too but I understand some may find the pace today too hard, or indeed too easy.

mooman
    Free Member

weeksy
    Subscriber
    How does the race end ?

Today’s was end of 3rd lap which came about 52-54 mins for the faster guys.

Phil56 and myself finished 3rd lap according to my Strava .. on 51:37.
    Although I had no idea where the finish line was as I rode around, so used the banner on the Mall as an end of lap marker.

robbo1234biking

Yeh that makes sense – slow down the second lap and make the last free for all. What about Innsbruck for the next one. Wil be difficult to stay together up the hill but rest of the lap is good.

Just checked and my second lap was faster than 3rd lap but I tried a lot harder on the third lap. Shows the power of racing in a group.

crust
    Free Member

I’m liking the pace, a little too hot for me to last whole ride tonight but pushed me for a couple of laps. Was good fun to be in a quick tight group, the second lap was a very good group.

For me, I like the format, how about – build up lap, faster lap, then maybe a group stick at 175ish whilst the racing snakes go for it?

Certainly seems to be gaining in popularity, well done Weeksy for setting up and organising.

Big thanks to Jaminb and Jimdubleyou for the tow at the end.

zilog6128

Good ride. Did the last lap with zilog and Atkinson. Was on the limit for most of it it felt like!

I ruined myself on the 2nd lap sprint trying to take the green jersey – which I did (briefly 😂). So couldn’t keep up when the main group shot off! But joined up with these guys and gradually increased the pace again as I slowly recovered. Was helpful, probably would’ve just carried on trundling round slowly if I were on my own 😀

weeksy

Like any of you listen to me, it’s like trying to control a pack of beagles!

ljarch
    Free Member

Gutted virtual mechanical for me somewhere on lap 2 I think. Rebooted and rejoined by following a known rider and it was all going ballistic haha another good do, will be back again for more pain. Great work again weeksy.

Nick

Yeah, the first lap was fine for me, second was a bit harder, 3rd too fast, which is fine, I want to get faster 🙂

drew

Really enjoyed that Weeksy so thanks again. Knew there was no way I could live with the front group on the third lap so was very grateful to join up with zilog & robbo to work together. Was hoping to push through to the end but alarming spike in heart rate to 200+ at 56mins persuaded me that maybe it was time back off. It’s just so easy to get carried away.

benman
    Free Member

Enjoyed that, but had no idea that the sprint was the start/end of the lap – I was still smashing it out until the hour mark 😂

IvanDobski
    Free Member

I’ve created an RGT Cycling event to see how that compares if anyone fancies it? It should put us in our own world with finishing results and time gaps etc etc.

As it’s only a bit of a test it’s only a flat 5km crit (5x1km laps) and I’ve suggested only racing the final 2 laps with an increasing pace for the 3 lap warm up. Realistically it should easily take less than 30mins.

Click on the link and it should take you to the account setup and event sign-up page. It needs a certain number of entrants to run, so will be automatically cancelled if not enough people enter.

Thursday, 1830hrs.

Click To Enter!

PS – RGT Premium is currently free so worth a look anyway.

Oblongbob

Can I join the fun please? I’ve added STW to my name and (possibly) asked to follow weeksy. Do, I need to do anything else?

Poopscoop

@weeksy you mentioned you are doing a sponsored ride or something for the NHS?

I can’t find the info for it, is it in this thread or a separate one?

weeksy

Scoop, here.

My 11 year old wants to help the NHS, donation and Zwift stuff

Money is great, but as i said, if anyone has 10 mins, 20 mins, whatever, join in on Sunday, give him a ride on, use the ‘ride with’ and pick me, i’ll be sitting next to him on the road.

He’s now raised £750 which goes directly to helping the NHS staff etc, which under current circumstances i think is amazing ! I can’t say i’m looking forward to 80.4km @ his pace, but he’ll do it, he’ll get there.

weeksy

Can I join the fun please? I’ve added STW to my name and (possibly) asked to follow weeksy. Do, I need to do anything else?

Once the next event day is decided i’ll get it done and add you.

HAving a day or 2 off, my legs and body are cooked after last night..

DrP

Weeksy et al…. sorry i disappeared… ipad froze after 12 min, then i restarted Zwift, and it kept my time/location, but i lost the group chat/event bit… so just rode london/fox hill etc….

Sounds like it ended a bit pacey!!

When’s the next one?!

DrP

weeksy

Dunno yet, Yorkshire doesn’t really suit us grouping and that’s the guest world for a few days now.

Trying to think of another Watopia route that will suit. Maybe Watopia Waistband…

Fri evening maybe ?

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

I’ve signed up for rgt on Thursday Ivan, in theory I’m doing the Yorkshire race first thing (largely depends on me getting out of bed in time, a little less on my hrm arriving as I’ll need that to get results I guess) so might be a bit ruined in the evening, or might have stayed in my pit and be fine, we’ll see.

tomlevell

Watopia out and back again?
    Includes the Volcano climb and try and get people to stop at the top of it to regroup. We could then try and nail the DH :0)

Probably want to set it up as 90 minutes though so the group can finish the route if wished.

Alex

Well I now have a > 500k internet connection.  So I’ll be back. I did 6 laps of the Volcano with ZZRC on Monday. That took just over an hour although the pace was quite hot.  It’s a pretty flat course with the main kick up into the volcano. Dunno if people would get bored of riding the same 6km circuit tho.

Optional springs on every lap as well…

weeksy

OK, i’ve gone nuts… we’ve had the flat courses, so time to give the lightweights and climbers some fun.

It’s the Alp… yup, why not… 🙂

Stick together until the green gate where the Alp starts, then, it’s whatever you want, ride with others, ride on your own, or simply take on the mighty Alp.

oopnorth
    Free Member

Alpe??? Oh jeez…

That’s me plodding up the back then, my avatar is too bulky to go fast up that hill 🙂
    Count me in.

Oblongbob

Got the invitation, thanks! Now wishing I hadn’t 🥵. The Alpe! Got lured into that In a group ride previously. Should be fun actually. I’m 6’3 and 14st10, so natural climber I am not!

swavis

I’ve never attempted the Alpe yet, looks like that might change on Friday 😆

Viewing 40 posts - 641 through 680 (of 4,999 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.