• This topic has 4,998 replies, 121 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by DrP.
Viewing 40 posts - 561 through 600 (of 4,999 total)
  • Zwift meetups and social rides ?
  • mikesbikes71
    Free Member

For those with an ftp of around 200 like me I would recommend any of the general zwift group rides advertised at a max of 2 w/kg
    Quite manageable.
    Rather than set up a very niche group of STW @2 w/kg it may be an idea of to post notice to join the lower paced Zwift group rides. That’s if people want stw company.

ljarch
    Free Member

Never got the second invite, then Zwift crapped out when the race I joined started not my day today.

swdan
    Free Member

I didn’t see the second invite either, as I say I’m running it off my phone so don’t have the companion app on screen all the time.

That ride upped my FTP to 200. Never paid much attention to watts before and only just got the turbo this year

piemonster

Race 1 was bonkers with Nath at 4.5 all the way and me killing myself to pull him back and screaming for help

You seemed to be going well so didn’t want to interrupt your (air) flow 😉

My lack of race experience meant I got caught out on that short little climb near the finish.

weeksy

Ha ha, that course used to be my go to race, so I know the layout very well indeed

ditch_jockey
    Free Member

I clicked the ‘join’ button for the 2nd ride, but didn’t get pulled in. I wonder if it’s because I didn’t drop out of the original meetup, just kept pootling round waiting for the second ride to start?
    First ride was a good workout – I’ve not done much riding in groups IRL or Zwift, so it’s taking me a bit of time to anticipate the lag between going hard to latch on, then suddenly finding myself shooting onto the front, easing up a bit and getting spat out the back of the group again. By the end of the first session, I was beginning to get the hang of it, although I was working hard just to stay with the group when the pace upped. Ended up doing a hard lap of Tempus Fugit in place of ride 2 and pushed my FTP up to the heady heights of 207 – now if I can just just drop about 25kg, I’ll be sorted!

weeksy

Well the next date is open.

Tues 6:30pm on greater London flat. It’s about a 20 min lap at 180-190w, so plan is 2 laps as a group, the lap 3 is upping the pace and a race for the line.
    I love the layout but struggle on the underpass and next 3% up bit. But the final 1km should suit if I can hang in there.
    Usual rule of keeping group together and helping out anyone struggling

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

Happy to give that a try, think I’ll need to be on the phone though as Mrs brain has a class so might find it a bit difficult to see what’s going on

stumpy01

ditch_jockey

I clicked the ‘join’ button for the 2nd ride, but didn’t get pulled in. I wonder if it’s because I didn’t drop out of the original meetup, just kept pootling round waiting for the second ride to start?

I think this happened to me.

scaredypants

stumpy01

ditch_jockey

I think this happened to me

Ah, I didn’t leave the first one either

tomlevell

I have 2 invites for Tuesday?
    Have you set up 2 rides?

I’ve ignored the one with less riders.

weeksy

I have 2 invites for Tuesday?
    Have you set up 2 rides?

I’ve ignored the one with less riders.

It’s done that before, so I’ve scrapped it and will do again

ljarch
    Free Member

2 invites but can’t select either for some reason??

mtbrog
    Free Member

Could you please invite me, thank you

weeksy

Will do mate, full until we cull some in the coming 48 hours, but there’s no doubt you’ll get a space

tomlevell

Mines sorted now and it’s showing as an upcoming event now too.

piemonster

I can’t make the next one, or any evening ones really.

SWMBOs work is pretty mental so I’ll be cooking or eating

swdan
    Free Member

Cant do this Turaday I’m afraid, my turn to get the kids to sleep so 6:30 is too early. Keen to do another one when timings work though, even if I do get my legs torn off (in a good way)

mooman
    Free Member

I’m in👍

So no off front; we stay together for 2 laps .. then final lap off leash😤

Will you be setting the tempo for first two laps Weeksy?
    (So your saying we got to try and drop you before 1km from finish?)

weeksy

Will you be setting the tempo for first two laps Weeksy?

Mostly, I’ll just be trying to keep the group together really.

ljarch
    Free Member

Weeksy my friend Chase has added you on companion can he gat an invite if spaces open up please 🙂

crust
    Free Member

I’m reading a chunk of people worried about keeping up as their ftp is only 200-ish, you sound just like the ideal candidates for this ride, a good dollop of the blob are around that.

Mines about that and with a bit of ‘sticking in the group’ and puffing I’m hanging in there and when I’m not there’s people helping me back in.

It’s social thing, an opportunity for a bit of a laugh under current circumstances, give it a go. If you can’t keep up then hit M and say so, somebody will help.

Sure, there’s some really quick guys banging off the front but so far there’s a good blob of bumble bees bantering their way around.

Give it a go.

mikesbikes71
    Free Member

I’ve mentioned my FTP just to gauge how it compares to others doing these rides. Just in the expectation that there’d be some novices who would be happy to know not all are super fit. I’m more than happy to huff and puff until the reins are off.
    Anyway I’ve woke up today not sure if I’ve got a temperature or not. I’m taking no chances so I’ll drop out the next few rides.
    Enjoy everyone.

oopnorth
    Free Member

@Weeksy, I’m not able to do any mid week rides before 7-30pm due to work, so I don’t need an invite for any earlier than that, it will free space up for others. You can invite me if you want and I’ll just decline if it makes it simple for you 🙂

But still on for weekend rides, so please keep adding me for those, I enjoyed losing my lungs trying to race with you guys in the volcano!
    Oh and any banks holiday rides too, if you are planning any.

Nick

Can’t see the Tuesday event in my list of events, is it still on?

weeksy

Sure is Nick, you don’t see it unless you’ve been invited, who are you ?

DrP

So funnily my turbo started slipping on sunday pm…hopped off to tighten it, and i had a puncture!!

think the tube in there was pretty old, and the turbo specific tyre must have transmitted the heat or something, as it was degraded inside!

Glad that didn’t happen on a meetup ride….!

DrP

weeksy

Yeah if you puncture we may actually catch you up 😉

Nick

Nick Gilling

weeksy

sure nick, will send now.

Nick

Cheers 🙂

Poopscoop

See you all on there later tonight.

I’ll run Discord again if anyone wants to try it. Remember, you need the voice channel (STW Voice) and set the app to “push to talk” or words to that effect.😁 Or everyone will hear your grunting and,erm…other noises.Lol

I’m new to Discord too but it should work as long as you go to the voice channel.

Discord channel:

https://discord.gg/8Ba3HG

tomlevell

I’ve dropped out from tonights as having ANT+ dropouts on the last 3 rides. Only ever had the briefest issues previously so want to see if they are now sorted or if I need to reinstall.

weeksy

stay in Tom, worst case scenario we lose you part way through… best case, you stay in. 🙂

We’re only at 30 out of 50 entered so it’s not like we need the spaces.

Alex

So our broadband provider is very generously delivering nearly half a meg of bandwidth 😉 Hopefully it’ll get fixed by later. It was fine last night, did a group ride and realised one small fan and April are not compatible. Tonight all doors and windows open!

oopnorth
    Free Member

Enjoy tonight all, wish I could be there but I have the luxury of late working!

weeksy

I’m going to make everyone who finished behind me in the ‘tempo’ donate a fiver to the NHS and my lad

My 11 year old wants to help the NHS, donation and Zwift stuff

tomlevell

I may not make it anyway but I’m back in.

weeksy

Good one Tom 🙂 nice

drew

I’ve not been able to make the last few rides so have opted out of them but am hoping to be free this evening. I seem to have two notifications from a couple of days ago but no actual invite. If there’s any spare places Weeksy could you send one over please. Many thanks.

Viewing 40 posts - 561 through 600 (of 4,999 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.