• This topic has 4,998 replies, 121 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by DrP.
Viewing 40 posts - 4,321 through 4,360 (of 4,999 total)
  • Zwift meetups and social rides ?
  • haloric
    Free Member

Advance notice – after the latest update, in a meetup/race today Zwift crashed after finishing the distance – for almost everyone in the event, windows, ipad and ATV.

This was a meetup as we used to run them, with a ‘go go go’ shout.

Other meetups have been reporting this on the zwift forum.

This is either a generic issue in the current release or a problem with the load at zwifts server end most likely.

robbo1234biking

@slowpuncheur yes these def class as junk miles I think!

reluctantjumper

Didn’t realise you were all on the 9am Volcano ride too until I saw a few of your messages pop up in between the talk about what constitutes a mountain in the Nederlands! I was only doing a gentle ride anyway. hovered around the 1500 mark out of 3500+ so well into mid-pack but just cruising until the KOM.

There was some speculation on the in game chat about the update meaning less avatars were visible to help it run smoother. I went from low 400’s to low 500’s in about 5 minutes then back to high 300’s just before the climb.

GPLlama mentioned it in his update video yesterday, the servers struggle with keeping track and letting every user see more than 500 riders at the same time, especially since the TDZ events are getting 3000-4000 entries on single events. They’ve limited it to you only seeing 150-300 depending on your computer’s graphics capability, it was particularly noticeable in the pens where there was an empty gap between the front and my group 2/3rds back. Seemed to cause some issues with placings round the volcano too at points where you could see the riders on other roads on the same ride. I went from 1400 to 700 to 3000 and back to 1400 in the space of a few seconds!

My guess would be that they are stressing the servers massively right now with loads of new users and everyone stuck inside, I read they’ve nearly doubled their user base in the last few months and everyone is on there more often too. I’ve certainly noticed some crazy-large numbers on the screen for Zwifters on compared to this time last year!

slowpuncheur
    Free Member

Thanks @reluctantjumper that’s really helpful. I’m not too bothered about placings so it’s a small sacrifice to make for more stability all round.

Might join you in the morning @robbo1234biking for some non-junk miles;)

oopnorth
    Free Member

Yeah was a little wierd with the position numbers this morning but let’s be honest it was only to keep a track of each other and maybe join if possible.
    As I was riding I kept experimenting by dropping to the back of my group and then pushing to the front and it was often a difference from 100 to 200 positions at times but there didn’t seem to be that many in the group.

Bottom of the volcano I seemed to jump 100 places as some of you have also mentioned.

Pace was good though and it took me 1:02 for the full ride. Didn’t want to gun the whole thing as I was conscious of tomorrow’s SS workout which are getting harder every week. But happy with the Alpe time and I didn’t even feel to be at my limit, so more to gain.

See you all during the week, either tomorrow or Tuesday…looking forward to the crit.

robbo1234biking

Cheers guys for the workout this morning. Good motivation to have others and the chatting makes the time go very quickly!

3 x 13 mins is the plan for next Monday!

savoyad

Those wacky position numbers on the tdz stage 5 rides include…riders in the other categories, who are in different worlds! Zwift is weird sometimes.

DrP

What are people’s thoughts for TDZ ride 6 on saturday.. 0900…?? Insbruukring 4 times..
    i.e legsnapper 4 times!!!

DrP

piemonster

Looks at last minute invite

Looks at beer in hand

Scratches belly, farts, drinks more beer

forge197
    Free Member

I’d be tentative for TDZ 6 I’ve not done any of the rides as yet of TDZ, not a fan of laps, but it’s a short course might be interesting, be like a HIIT session with the step climb 4 times!

DrP

Update…daughter has Ballet online at 0945, so gonna do the 8am Innsbruk on saturday….

Also… I may be enjoying Zwift a bit much.. I got some art…!

DrP

savoyad

Innsbruckring at 8am on Sunday you say? Now I’m tempted. I was thinking about a race on that course on Friday morning but partly because I had forgotten about the hourly opportunities to ride it in the TDZ.
    Edit – have you drawn the new roads onto your poster @drp like Trump with that hurricane?

zilog6128

Also… I may be enjoying Zwift a bit much.. I got some art…!

that’s cool actually! where from? Has it got all the routes listed on it? Be annoying next time they add something!!

EDIT: ah I see it’s the official Zwift Insider one!

DrP

have you drawn the new roads onto your poster

Nah, I got it printed AFTER they’d released the new routes/updated the map…

Yeah; the official ZI one.. I got the PDF printed in the UK rahter than posted from US..
    Was about £17 for the print, and £155 for the framing!!!! BUt I like to use a little local place, who use special non-reflective glass so teh prints look great!

DrP

oopnorth
    Free Member

Looks great DrP! Might get one for the pain cave once I’ve completed it.

I’m thinking of doing the 9am TDZ shorter loop, the France RGV, on Saturday but I may also do one of the others on Sunday if there is no Sunday Hills

Any plans for Sunday?

robbo1234biking

I am doing the 9am RGV but going to cruise with the group I think and not overdo it.

I am up for Sunday Hills. Trying to think of a route.

Innsbruck UCI course is an option but is pretty short – can’t remember is a achterbahn is to long?

Or triple loops in London?

Any other suggestions?

DrP

I’ll ping out a Sunday Hills invite Robbo….

I’ll have a think about a route and send invite tomorrow..
    0830 start as per….

DrP

piemonster

I rode Achterburn a few days ago at an easy pace (171w) and it took 2hrs solo

oopnorth
    Free Member

Big foot hills??

DrP

Righto…
    How about another trip to NY… MIGHTY METROPOLITAN… another 2 lapper….

40km all in, with no killer hills, just the brief NY KOM each lap, then a few rollers as we make our way around the park.. should easily be done under 80 minutes…

I’ll ping out invites!

DrP

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

NY again? Don’t you think there is enough pointless pain and suffering in the world?
    As I understand it, the cia makes people do laps of zwift’s NY whilst they’re being debriefed in gitmo if the water boarding didn’t work.

kirky72
    Free Member

Does the New York route have a badge connected to it?

I’m hoping a rocker plate arrived sometime soon so I can alleviate a bit of discomfort over longer rides. I’ve ordered one that’s specific to the elite directo and is just sized to fit the trainer on rather than while bike, so shouldn’t take up as much space.

It’s a pedalville, which i think are just knocked up by a chap at home but look decent for £90 and as the part sets are £55 without the wood it’s not worth the hassle.

Report to follow once fitted send tested.

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

I Would certainly be interested in a link and review in due course kirky.

oopnorth
    Free Member

I’d ne interested in a review too Kirky, as I’m looking at rockers and have the direto also.

NY…meh…not sure I can be bothered with the hateful glass hill again so soon. I might go challenge myself on the Alpe or something.

DrP

Hmm.. not much appetite for NY it seems!

There IS a route badge attached @kirky

DrP

kirky72
    Free Member

How about a bit of Surrey hills so we get a recce of Keith hill (Leigh hill reverse) before race 6?

Disclaimer. I also need Surrey Hills. That or Bigger loop make for a decent 30m hilly ride but not sure if it’s too much for everybody on a Sunday.

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

In fairness @drp I’m not sure what my weekend looks like but I’ll be looking for a bit more climbing in whatever I get up to.

Planning alpe possibly on Saturday at some point ti get to this week’s climbing total then probably quatch quest or something on Sunday as I’m foolishly wanting to be on 2000m a week of climbing through Feb.

Somewhere in there Mrs brain wants to get a walk in too.

oopnorth
    Free Member

Yeah, don’t change for me either as I’m not fully sure of my plans yet.

At some point I want to try break the hour on the Alpe, but I’m not sure if that will be this week, or ever!! It will be a decision on the day if I feel ok for it, mentally and physically.

DrP

OK, I’m happy to change to a bigger/ different ride!
    Big foot hills…
    Or a Surrey Hills route….!

DrP

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

Surrey Hills is a nice route – I’d be up for that on Saturday maybe?

kirky72
    Free Member

sorry the company is Pedivella not pedalville

Anyhow this is a link to their website however it’s a poor site, a bit clunky to say the least when it comes to viewing products and prices let alone placing an order.

https://www.pedivella.com/

this is an eBay link to the directo version, they seem to make them for most trainer types.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/293561262797?ViewItem=&item=293561262797&v=1&utm_source=unp&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=RT000090&utm_unptid=&ppid=RT000090&cnac=GB&rsta=en_GB(en-GB)&cust=&unptid=&calc=5e70f0166ba7d&unp_tpcid=null&page=main:email:RT000090&pgrp=main:email&e=cl&mchn=em&s=ci&mail=sys&appVersion=1.28.0&xt=104038

the finish looks a bit basic but he leaves them like this do you can paint to a colour of your choice if you wish, more importantly the mechanics of them appear to be good.

Just wish mine would hurry up, ordered Tuesday.

oopnorth
    Free Member

@kirky72 Is there any difference in getting a full rocker to the half versions? I’m guessing the front would just pivot on its usual block, I had it in my head that I would need a full one for the whole bike to sit on.

I thought the rocking action would be beneficial on the front too when out the saddle but I might be wrong, I’ve not actually tried one.

phil56

I’ve just picked up a full length Lifeline rocker plate – I’ll be using it for the first time in this evening TTT!

robbo1234biking

Could be interesting at that price. Not to big either. Looks like he makes them to order kirky!

@dangeourbrain
    are you trying to confuse things by saying Surrey Hills on Saturday?!

I cant commit on Saturday or Sunday yet – may be going out for a walk with the family on Saturday in the morning as we have tickets to go to a National Trust place gardens but we are due more snow so that might not happen. I will fit in a ride on Saturday and Sunday but want to get the TDZ route done.

Not a fan of new York either but don’t change it because of me.

I got a sterzo smart yesterday so I might play on repack ridge or do one of the future works races with steering allowed.

oopnorth
    Free Member

We need a report @phil56, pros and cons, as that lifeline one was the one I was looking at until Kirky posted.

I’ll not be buying one for a few weeks.

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

@robbo1234biking not deliberately trying to confudle things…

I want about 1000m more this week which would fit nicely with Surrey is all. I could do with ticking off about 1500m or so on Sunday so that I’ve not got too much to clock up in the week.

Also Sunday is looking like being a walk in the real world so I’ll end up in trouble if I book something in first thing. As a result what ever I get up to will need be done ad hoc.

robbo1234biking

Why the desire to tick of virtual climbing metres? is this a new challenge you have set yourself?

zilog6128

I’ve just picked up a full length Lifeline rocker plate – I’ll be using it for the first time in this evening TTT!

I got one of those a few months back. TBH, I don’t even realise it’s there now, which is a good sign I think? Just feels very natural.

@phil56
    give yourself a bit more time to set it up if you haven’t already! Took me a while to get it balanced (the pump & adapter they include are pure shite, my pump didn’t even work & the adapter broke when I was tweaking it the next day 🤣 )

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

Why the desire to tick of virtual climbing metres? is this a new challenge you have set yourself

Well, if we’re ever allowed to travel again I’m supposed to be doing a race in the alps come summer and thought having a bit of suffering in my legs before I turn up might help. Some of it is uplift but I think it worked out at about 800-1000m a day of unassisted climbing for 4 days.

They won’t be remaining entirely virtual, once the weather and lockdown improves I need to get some chunks of descending done too but at present there’s no better way to tick them off.

I’m an idiot and need to practice…

Muke
    Free Member

I use a Pedivella rocker with Wahoo Kickr Core, pretty basic compared to some other rockers but it works for me. I just replaced the front wheel block with a bit of wood the same height as rocker plate to allow front wheel a bit of extra movement.

It doesn’t really pivot around a fixed axis like some but is more of a flexible platform allowing some free movement. I never had comfort issues with Zwift but just wanted to try the concept out for myself. Hard to pin point anything in particular, sprints feel nicer with a bit of movement underneath you but would just say it generally makes things feel a bit nicer all round and more akin to real life riding.
    Sorry about the mess but this is how I have it set up atm..

Viewing 40 posts - 4,321 through 4,360 (of 4,999 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.