Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Zwift help please.
  • donkeydave

Hi I have just set up my winter area of pain and hopefully can increase my slacking fitness.

I have got it set up with a power meter,heart rate monitor and cadence sensor, and a tacx vortex, every thing works but the trainer is not compatible with Zwift to change resistance is this a problem?.

I just rode round for half an hour easy with not a clue what I am doing any tips or links to get started, I did enjoy it but not sure its worth £13 per month, I am still on my free trial.

I have a few 100 mile rides planned this year and really want to get back to my times and fitness levels of a couple of years ago.

Thanks in advance.

BadlyWiredDog

On the controllability thing and the Vortex generally, this might help:

https://zwiftinsider.com/vortex/

On the training effect side of things, I haven’t a clue. Lots of people use Zwift races as a way of pushing themselves and mostly hammering around at around threshold. There’s a whole bank of easily accessed training sessions. I get on better with The Sufferfest stuff – they also have a free trial option – and their structured programmes, but different training platforms work for different people I think.

donkeydave

Thank you it appears even though my turbo is a vortex its not a smart vortex which is a pain its a i-vortex, I can control the resistance on the supplied handlebar mount but it will not work with Zwift to them its a dumb trainer which is a pain as this is why I brought it.

I will look into sufferfest as well and try that, not sure Zwift is for me prefer to be outside I think!.

Gowrie
    Free Member

Edited cause I didn’t know there were 2 types of Tacx Vortex – sorry

donkeydave

Hi yeah I thought this and this is why I brought the trainer, its a i-vortex which although I can vary resistance on the bar mounted computer it will not be compatible with Zwift.

Its model is t2170 which is not supported by Zwift just found this out!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Zwift help please.’ is closed to new replies.