Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Zwift Haute Route: am I going mad? Wrong stage??
  • markgraylish
    Free Member

Did anyone else find themselves riding Stage 2 on Friday 26th when they were expecting to ride Stage 1?

I was a little under prepared for the extra 50% climbing!

Did anyone actually ride Stage 1?

TedC

Yes, rode stage 1, though started at silly o’clock in the morning before work.

Hopefully stage two later today.

scaredypants

the tour de zwift was/is odd, in that a ride billed as a certain route would only be that for the A cat. B would ride somewhere completely different. Maybe it’s that ?

reluctantjumper

Tour Du Zwift was grouped by themes eg city tracks or climbing challenges. Every category got a different track except for the Jungle one. The Haute Route is more like a standard race where each category races the same track but sets off a few minutes after the higher category.

Might be worth double-checking that you entered the right event? I did spot that one of the US groups had set up rides that were the Day 2 and 3 routes for Friday and they were running a challenge to complete all 3 in one long day. Didn’t see the option on the Events page, guessing it was invite-only, but that could be a possibility?

feed

Nope, stage 1 at 4pm yesterday, stage 2 at 9am this morning, stage 3 at 10am tomorrow (hopefully).

imnotverygood

Yes I did stage 1 at 4pm yesterday. Probably got gubbed by feed. (Went off too fast)

markgraylish
    Free Member

I suspect all the stage/route timings were based on London time (I’m in Vancouver, so eight hours behind) so by the time I rode, 5pm local time Friday afternoon, that was already early hours on Saturday morning in London so stage 1 had been swapped out to stage 2…

Never had that problem with TdZ and no mention about it in the publicity.

Doh!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Zwift Haute Route: am I going mad? Wrong stage??’ is closed to new replies.