Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)
  • ZTTO 9-50 12 speed, XD, gold, 556% cassette arrived today!👍
  • failedengineer

It looks like Shimano Cassettes are available on AliExpress for sensible prices, has anyone bought one?

wzzzz
    Free Member

It looks like Shimano Cassettes are available on AliExpress for sensible prices, has anyone bought one?

I did once, and the rivets failed on it (first batch of deore 11-51).

I sent it to Madison with my fingers crossed and they replaced it FOC

bigdaddy

I have one of these – the black 9-52 one, which was working well, but it’s now broken loads of the little rivets/pins, which is a pain as it’s only done a few hundred miles. I know a blacksmith, so seeing if he can do a bodge job on getting it all back together, pretty poor engineering to make it with rivets that weak… Oh well, the old adage buy cheap buy twice!

richmtb

Well this just turned up.

Looks nicely put together but time will tell.

Stuck it on my hardtail, the rear mech definitely needs a tweak its struggling to get into the 9T sprocket

matt_outandabout

I have an 11sp cheapo SRAM driver cassette (can’t remember the brand, bought from UK reseller on eBay).

It is now 5 months and a good few hundred miles in. I cannot tell it isn’t a SRAM or Shimano cassette when it shifts. Pins are still tight, no rattles.

bigdaddy

Mine can’t be fixed apparently (well too complicated to make it viable) so I’m on the hunt for an Eagle cassette. Having had fingers burned I’m a bit reluctant to go outside of SRAM, but, sourcing SRAM isn’t easy still! And that oilslick one does look nice!

richmtb

So first impressions:

Fitted with a new GX Eagle chain it shifts really nicely. In normal use i’m not sure if I could tell the difference between this and a SRAM cassette.

In the stand the chain will ride down the block if you back pedal but only in the second biggest sprocket, the rest are fine. It could be the b-tension needs a tweak but its not something that I’m likely to do while actually riding.

Hard to describe it as a bargain – it was just over £100. But IF it lasts, then its a lighter, blinger alternative to SRAM GX that works just as well for slightly less money.

Northwind

I was tempted but went with an E13 instead- cheaper than the equivalent sram and works really well so far, though I’ll not be able to comment on lifespan for a while. The fitting’s a bit faffy, though- fine in the garage but I wouldn’t want to do a car park repair.

Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.