Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 48 total)
  • ZTTO 9-50 12 speed, XD, gold, 556% cassette arrived today!👍
  • Poopscoop

Retail therapy, won’t be fitted for a while. Took about a week from China, £135 on eBay.

It’s a bit pimp.

556% range. Eat that SRAM/ Shim! Going to be used on a SRAM Eagle setup.

It’s pretty light, a Pro version is available with a “thicker” 50T at 10 grams heavier but I couldn’t find one for sale.

Available in oil slick and a much cheaper, heavier version, available too.

Close up, looks nicely machined/made. Fingers crossed.👍

This guy seems to have had good results:

Poopscoop

Balls, could a mod @drac move this please?

Cougar

Can’t get the staff anymore.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Cougar

Also, that cassette is **** silly, what were you thinking?

teethgrinder

The tumescence is strong.

Poopscoop

Cougar
    Also, that cassette is **** silly, what were you thinking?

Man, you’ve changed, you’ve changed.😉

It is silly but the range, THE RANGE!

Might help me improve my personal best on the SDW from 17 hours.

Every little helps.😁

Poopscoop

teethgrinder

I’m using that word now I know what it means. Thank you Google.

reeksy

So are the ZTTO cassettes worth it? I’m getting through 11speed cassettes quicker than i’d like and hate paying Shimano prices, but worry that they won’t last.

Just about given up on cheap chainrings, the last couple have not really lasted half as long as ones twice their price 🙁

shedbrewed
    Free Member

I have a couple of the ZITTO 9-42 cassettes. Heavier as steel but work well and for £35 I’m happy.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Just about given up on cheap chainrings, the last couple have not really lasted half as long as ones twice their price 🙁

Check what they were made from. 7000 series aluminium is much harder (therefore lasts longer but slower and more expensive to machine) than 6000 series. You can get cheap decent chsinrings but they’re rarer and a couple of quid more than the absolute cheapest.

Or just go with steel, the weight is minimal and they last an order of magnitude longer.

nickc

Can I just say 1. The extra range is at the wrong end for me 2. Just look at it, that’s some bling.

love a bit of bling

scaredypants

😁

wzzzz
    Free Member

No matter what cassette you use, first, make sure the derailleur hanger is straight. you can use a hanger alignment gauge to check. In fact, many people know this, but when we get the new cassette, we couldn’t wait to install it, so we forgot to check it, why are we reminding you here? Because this situation just happened, a buyer, he said that the cassette of other famous brands can work normally, but ours can’t. We discussed this for a long time, and finally we found out that it was caused by the bend of the hanger, which was interesting. When we find that some famous brand cassettes can still be used when the hanger is bent! (of course, not perfect, there is some clarking noise) it is always difficult to admit that others have done well, isn’t it? That’s ok, we will continue to work hard and improve product performance, now we can guarantee that our products work good as well as famous brands under normal conditions. We will do our best to catch Shi and SR. Thank you for your support 🙂 Best regards.

slowoldman

The extra range is at the wrong end for me

Ah but with a 9 sprocket you can have a 20% smaller chainring than with an 11. That gives you range at the right end.

snotrag

Yep, a very good point often overlooked IMO. The reason I run a GX 11 speed XD casette with its 10 speed sprocket on an otherwise Shimano bike. Means I can get away with a 28tooth chainring, less chain, lighter, more ground clearance, gearing low enough to climb but ~10% increase in top speed for a given cadence over a Shimano 11 tooth small sprocket.

Poopscoop

@wzzzz, yep, hanger alignment will be checked needle fitting. It’s definitely out after a small bit. Best. Tool. Ever…. the alignment tool.👍

That’s right about front chain ring. You can move the whole trance up or down by fitting a different front ring.

Stevelol
    Free Member

If SRAM could make a 9 tooth work don’t you think they would? I’d love this product to work but try and find a good review of any ZTTO cassette…

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Ah but with a 9 sprocket you can have a 20% smaller chainring than with an 11. That gives you range at the right end.

Only to an extent, going 10% faster requires more than 10% more effort, also small sprockets have more friction than larger ones. Look at roadies, until 11 and now 12s came along 12t and 13t top gears were common. Compared to the GX on my MTB the 13-28 on my road bike feels nice and consistent all the way to the end. 10-50 Or whatever GX is feels like you’re hitting a brick wall with each new gear at the top.

But it’s obviously substantially lighter to swap a 56t for a 9t and get the same range.

asbrooks

You can get an all black version from AliExpress for less than £50

asbrooks

@shedbrewed how well are they shifting? I have been eyeing them up in AliExpress and have a couple in my basket. Haven’t seen many reviews, I did find one on another forum where the buyer reported that it has broken within a couple of ride, the rivets had come lose. He even showed a photo of a bag of bits that he claimed was the cassette. Certainly looked like it.

Poopscoop

asbrooks
    You can get an all black version from AliExpress for less than £50

Yep, that’s the cheaper one I saw. It more than just being plain black though, it’s totally different construction means it a fair amount heavier. Good price though.👍

teethgrinder

That fifty quid one isn’t the same construction and weighs loads more, and doesn’t give me the same urges.

It is significantly cheaper, though.

Poopscoop

Stevelol
    Free Member
    If SRAM could make a 9 tooth work don’t you think they would? I’d love this product to work but try and find a good review of any ZTTO cassette…

I suspect it’s exactly what SRAM will do in the next few years in the “wider range wars” with Shim. E13 have already done it. Shaving that one tooth off adds much more range then throwing another tooth or 2 onto a 50t cog.

Another niche brand KCNC (something like that) already make a 9-52. 😲

Northwind

nickc

Can I just say 1. The extra range is at the wrong end for me

Range isn’t really at an end, combine with a smaller ring and this gives you more low gears.

shedbrewed
    Free Member

@asbrooks seems ok so far. I’ve bought another one for another bike so will see how that fares. Weight was 440g
    9-42

Big-Bud
    Free Member

They simply don’t last .made from cheese …..but we all have to learn somewhere.
    If the spider doesn’t separate itself the cassette teeth will fold over …it’s a fifty which will give first ……..

Poopscoop

I’ll keep you all informed.😁

I wind be selling my GX cassette that’s for sure. They are bomb proof on my experience.

teethgrinder

Any update on this?

twonks

Have to admit that since I (in a moment of madness) bought an X01 eagle 12sp groupset, I’ve been mildly fascinated by the wide range cassettes.

Had a few Sunrace 10 and 11sp ones and although they work well, they are as heavy as a small ship.

The X01 cassette is a thing of beauty and light but it will be expensive to replace when it wears out, so always intrigued with others.

Also have to admit to waiting for a Garbaruk 11sp cassette to come after being swayed by their looks and reviews too.

Sucker for bling.

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

The X01 cassette is a thing of beauty and light but it will be expensive to replace when it wears out, so always intrigued with others.

No experience of Eagle but I reckon £/mi the xg1195 is probably the cheapest one I’ve ever owned. I still recall the pain of buying it but I’ve replaced the frame twice since then…

richmtb

Any updates of how these ZTTO cassettes are going? Or any feed back on Aliexpress cassetes in general?

prontomonto

I have the 10t version. Done about 800 km, no issues so far.

jacobyte

I have an 11-46 SLR 11-speed HG. I needed to machine out two of the “valleys” between teeth of one of the rings (15T) as they were too shallow and made the chain slip. Easy to fix, but it shows that manufacturing tolerances and quality control aren’t perfect.

It’s been just fine since then and is nowhere near worn yet (approx. 400 miles so far), so for £55 it’s great value.

Rickos
    Free Member

270 miles on an XD 9-46 ZTTO cassette so far and no problems. Plays nicely with a SRAM chain.

richmtb

Cheers guys, I’m a wee bit reluctant to spend £100 on a random cassette but 12 speed XD alternatives are few and far between

butcher

Done a good few hundred miles on mine and I’ve been really pleased with it. Running the Ztto chain. Initially I thought it skipped a bit in some gears, but a few months in it feels like it shifts perfectly – although it may be that I’ve just gotten used to any imperfections. I’d buy another, and probably will unless Sram prices come back down.

teamslug
    Free Member

I’ve been running the 11 speed 11-46 SLR2 ZTTO cassettes for a while now. Just done the Kielder Chiller 24 hour and no problems at all. Over 4 cassettes I’ve got probably 800 miles and no problems or premature wear. Chains were nearly new when cassettes were fitted.

el_boufador

I bought two 12spd ones earlier in in the year. A gold bling, super light one like the op’s for my trail bike, and a cheap and cheerful heavy black one on a red anodised carrier for the ebike (because it eats drivetrains).
    Both ztto

Anyway, gold one hasn’t had that much use (maybe a few 100 miles) but shifting is very good. Maybe not quite SRAM or shimano, but very good still.
    No signs of wear.

The cheap ebike one has had some proper hammer. I’d guess 1000 miles. Wear rate seemed good. However I broke it this week. The small series of pins holding the small cogs to the larger ones have given way, so the smallest three sprockets simply spin around the freehub.
    It may have been partially my fault for not tightening it up properly. A couple of times it started creaking due to the lockring coming loose, which I think would have put additional pressure on the pins which are only very small.

Anyway, that’s slightly disappointing, but given the amount of hammer it’s had on an ebike, the price, and that it may be my fault, I’m still happy and have just ordered another to replace it.

Oh, shifting on the cheapo one isn’t as good. But it’s ok / acceptable.

drinfinity
    Free Member

I have one on my hardtail, so far all the rivets and teeth in place. shifts just fine.

mrdestructo

I’ve been testing a Wuzei 12sp Shimano Micro Spline compatable 10-50t. They’re only £35 if you’re in China. Bought to take off my Deore cassette and save, just in case stocks ran out. Doomsday hasn’t come here (yet)

It’s heavy, the shifting isn’t as precise as the Deore 10-51t cassette I took off. Using a KMC silver/black chain. Had to really adjust the B-tension screw to get it to shift across the gears. Having to press the lever in a bit further than I should to get it to leap to the next sprocket on 3 sprockets at the big side of things. I think gears 2-5. It “seems” like there is a manufacturing error with spacing for those 3 sprockets. Reminds me of using Alivio 8spd gear, way back. I always thought it was chainline issues, but this bike is OEM, not DIY.

Put about 300km on it, and no apparent wear. Nothing has changed yet. It’s taken some knocks too, so it’s not delicate. At least it shows I have options if stocks of Shimano get low.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 48 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.