Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • ZTR Flow Rims – with tubes?
  • hunterst
    Free Member

Hi all

I have a front ZTR Flow rim that i would like to use with a tube.

Do i remove the yellow rim tape and just run it with no rim tape at all if i want to use it with a tube?

Thanks
    D

RealMan
    Free Member

You can run it with the yellow rim tape, or you can take it out and install a normal rim strip. Don’t run it without though.

zangolin
    Free Member

As above – tube on yellow is fine. Flows still have normal spoke holes under the yellow tape.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    warpcow
    Free Member

I have tubes in mine with yellow tape. It seems like a bonus that when I puncture they still hold the air for a while (so far).

RealMan
    Free Member

I have tubes in mine with yellow tape. It seems like a bonus that when I puncture they still hold the air for a while (so far).

You got sealant in there too? Or magic?

hunterst
    Free Member

Thanks for the replies – much appreciated.

Has anyone ever had any problems with the tyres not sitting properly on a flow rim or worse still, coming off.

I only ask because the wall is really shallow and it just got me thinking.

warpcow
    Free Member

RealMan – Member

Ok, by a while I meant about 5 minutes. The tyres were ‘tubeless ready’ though, so that probably helped.

nosedive
    Free Member

never had any problem with tyres not sitting properly, only had mine a few months though.

p7rich
    Free Member

I run Flows with tubes. Just be careful with the pressures – you can’t have them too high or the tyres pop off. Check rim or Stans site for exact guidance.

nuke

Still run my 355s with tubes and have done for 2 years+…never had a problem and can’t see why you would with a Flow

hunterst
    Free Member

Ok – Cheers chaps

Thats put my mind at rest

Thanks again for the replies

D

Northwind

RealMan – Member

It does happen, had it myself- the air leaks from the tube but then has to leak out of the tyre/rim as well. The valve’s not airtight but it slows the leak. Nothing magic about it.

Ringo
    Free Member

Why would you want to use a tube? There sooo last decade

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘ZTR Flow Rims – with tubes?’ is closed to new replies.