Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • ZOMG ACTIVATOR 2!
  • Northwind

https://www.facebook.com/groups/404078136406510/541683422645980/?notif_t=group_activity

(no idea if it’s a private group… Someone at my work is selling this magnificent creature:

So tempted, I would have killed for that back in the day. Even though my tange rigid was miles better, and purple.

helpful1
    Free Member

I just see a stair gate 😉

Rubber_Buccaneer

A classic. Like the bars/ends too. Not so sure about the saddle and no room for a dropper means its off the list for me.

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

Looks like a profitable source of wrought iron and elastomer. Invest now!

chestrockwell

Someone on retro bike built one of these up with xtr and loads of bling for a laugh.

bullandbladder
    Free Member

The words “Raleigh”, “Activator” and “Classic” should never appear in the same sentence.
    Could maybe be used as a boat anchor.

Northwind

It does look like a pretty cutting edge head angle though

bikeneil
    Free Member

I would absolutely love…

…to take that piece of junk down the tip.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Gnarmac classic!

tpbiker
    Free Member

is it any worse than my mates offroad proflex…I remember him taking that to the malvern hils classic around 92 and folks were all over it…

Kit
    Free Member

I used to have an Activator, until someone lifted it from the stairs. Spent many happy days on it as a teenager. Not sure how… 😉 Had always wanted an Activator 2, not knowing any better at the time!

chestrockwell

The proflex bikes were another world away from these.

jimmy

Stuff of dreams. I’d love to rock up to the EWS on one.

Kit
    Free Member

NW, how much are they wanting for it? Just curious….

Northwind

£60. Too rich for my money 🙁 I would have had it for £30 I think. Just to see Elliot’s face when I put it on the trailers at inners.

Kit
    Free Member

£60?! **** that.

Rubber_Buccaneer

I don’t know what is wrong with some of you 🙂 I think the Activator is right up there with the Chopper. Bikes that could instil such desire in a young man that it was the only bike he wanted despite in reality being the worst overweight POS he could choose 🙂

bigrich

I used to work in a bike shop, and we’d get ‘ why is that one so expensive, but the raliegh is cheap?’to which I would always reply ‘because the activator is not a good bike’

johnnystorm

Never saw the appeal in these. Not even in an ironic way, just skip fodder!

crazy-legs

I actually test rode one of those when I was 15 and looking to buy my first proper MTB.
    It was awful.

molgrips
    Free Member

They were a transparent attempt to fool kids into thinking they were getting something awesome instead of cheap, crap and stupid.. Me and my mates could see it was rubbish so we never wanted one!

The-Beard

We used to have an Activator downhill series. See who could post the best time on a mate’s Activator down some local trails. Was a riot. And quite painful…

hebdencyclist
    Free Member

is it any worse than my mates offroad proflex

Yes.

I had a hardtail Activator as my first MTB. It was a cheap and fun gateway into a sport. It weighed a ton though 🙂

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘ZOMG ACTIVATOR 2!’ is closed to new replies.