Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Zombies or maybe an ice age??
  • monkeyfudger
    Free Member

What would happen to nuclear power stations if say zombies suddenly “took over” in a 28 days later styleee or an ice age occured with all the usual ice age style gubbins?

That is all, ta.

(bored working late….)

Jim_Kirk
    Free Member

Nothing, for bit. Then I guess they’d run out of fuel and just stop…

Unless the zombies managed to do something daft to something important.

Tom83

Apparently according to a site i just googled. Most Nuclear power stations can run 500 days in between fuelings. But i guess it all depends if they don’t nomnomnom it up in the mean time.

Best go and buy a generator!

billybob
    Free Member

Apparently according to a site i just googled. Most Nuclear power stations can run 500 days in between fuelings. But i guess it all depends if they don’t nomnomnom it up in the mean time.

Best go and buy a generator!

I’d wait until civilisation breaks down then loot one.

Tom83

Good thinking! We’ve been talking about the possibility of a zombie apocalypse at work. One of the guys has thought about it a bit too much, and has gone out and bought a crossbow and a machete!

Jim_Kirk
    Free Member

clicky

excellent stuff…

dobo
    Free Member

This thread has reminded me to watch DeAD sNoW!

monkeyfudger
    Free Member

Hmmm 500 days, that’s rubbish! I also think way way to much about apocalyptic type stuff, combining the two killed a fair bit of time today tho, should really not be daydreaming that much but paper work sucks! 😳

Tom83

Jim_Kirk – Member

clicky

excellent stuff…

Jim, i recently found that, and listened to all the current episodes over the course of a weekend. Excellent podcast.

If Z day did happen over here, we’d be screwed compared to our cousins over the pond, i wouldn’t fancy trying to kill zombies without guns. Although it depends on what type of zombies they are, shufflers or sprinters would make all the difference!

lipseal
    Free Member

PSA Zombies don’t run!

Speshpaul

Why don’t zombies eat zombies?

monkeyfudger
    Free Member

Head shots are notoriously difficult tho, especially when you’re breathing out of your a**e!

Will check out that podcast tonight, never come across it before.

Hmmmm stay put or head for the hills, what would you be doing??

Olly
    Free Member

PSA Zombies don’t run!

im counting on it!
    ide choose zombies over an ice age every day of the week, but running zombies will be a pain in the ARSE
    shuffling zombies will be great 🙂

cant wait 🙂

willard

Bladed weapons… That’s what you want.

Modern rifles and stuff are not that good at totally destroying a zombie’s ability to eat you in a single shot, even less so without a really careful aim, so most rifles are out unless you are a very good shot and/or a long way away. They also run out of bullets.

My personal choice would be a good katana, maybe an fire axe if I was desperate and, if I wanted a ranged weapon, something with a lot of takedown, or a crossbow so that I can reuse the bolts.

I really should stop watching Walking Dead.

Tom83

Problem with a Katana is that you have to let them get close to you,but at least it’s quiet. A shotgun or similar might attract other zombies to your location. A 2 handed hammer would be my choice, just swing it around you and hope to smash some skulls in.

My plan is to wait it out in the loft for a week or so, before venturing out. I’m off up there now 😉

Speshpaul

Swords and axe’s are ok in open spaces.

But why don’t zombies eat other zombies?

Tom83

Probs something to do with the skin being dead. Although i bet they would if they were hungry enough.

Can’t beat a serious discussion about something fictional!

xc-steve
    Free Member

So an ice age, the unmanned nuclear power station has no water to cool it… would the coolness of the ice age be enough to keep things under control or would it result in a double dip apocalypse?!

Speshpaul

But in walking dead the doctor bloke said teh resurection could take place in as little as 3 minutes, so the flesh is hardly dead.

And why didn’t the redneck cut through the threaded bar instead of his wrist, everyone knows threaded bar is made from poo.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Zombies or maybe an ice age??’ is closed to new replies.