• This topic has 63 replies, 49 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by taka.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 64 total)
  • Zombie Apocalypse, what do you reckon your survival chances would be?
  • buck53

This came up at work today. I reckon I’m in trouble initially as I’m carrying a few extra pounds (ahem) so I’d look pretty tasty to any flesh eater, by my thinking!

If I make it away from the first wave I reckon I’d do alright, got a fair bit of nous about me as far as living/surviving outdoors, without the traditional infrastructure and so on.

What do you make of your chances? What’s your survival plan?

scaredypants

I’m just gonna walk around with my arms raised in front of me and groan a bit

No-one’ll know ; those zombies are **** stoopid

UrbanHiker
    Free Member

Interestingly my group of friends has a long running post apocalypse survival chance leader board. Cyclist, and cycle repair, rank quite highly as desirable skills.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    RustySpanner

I’m heading for Llanberis & hoping to blend in.

It’s already happened, btw.
    Ever been to Walsden?

buck53

Cyclist, and cycle repair, rank quite highly as desirable skills.

With you on this, I even know the exact cargo cycle I’m going to half inch when it goes down.

daftvader
    Free Member

Is it time to nut up or shut up then????

Flaperon

Have it all planned out and know exactly what I’m going to steal when it kicks off. Might take out the neighbours in the first wave ‘cos they’ve always looked a bit dodgy.

LoCo
    Free Member

Reckon I could pass for a zombie most days so should be able to carry on as normal

PocketShepherd
    Free Member

This is a fairly regular topic of conversation with my mates too. I’ve decided I would survive reasonably well, because:
    – Live on a farm, reasonably isolated, easy to see the zombie horde approaching over the fields.
    – Own a collection of firearms
    – Bikes and skills to maintain them.
    – And have one of these (It’s got to help, right?):

Zombies, come at me bro.

jekkyl

cycling ftw! – hide out in the country somewhere, there’s less people there anyway. Build a home out of sticks in a forest or take over a deserted mansion, run foraging trips to local towns on my bike. Should be able to last a few years. I do have a hereditary arthritic condition which is kept in check with drugs and regular excercise so I’d be the one on the TV show looking in every pharmacy for my specific medication. The first thing I’d do is get to a warmer country though, Italy?

parkesie
    Free Member

Big fence around house full oil and water tanks high powered assault rifle and a armoured car if I need to make a break for it.

organic355
    Free Member

Quite High, I know karate and have 2 chainsaws.
    One of them is electric though so my chances of survival drop by 50% further than 30m from an electrical outlet.

Pigface
    Free Member

I have watched the Walking Dead/training video it would be really tough to survive I think.

Can these zombies run or are they traditional shufflers. If they can run we are all doomed.

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

Depends on how quickly the outbreak manifests itself. Living on the outskirts of London I’ve got a lot of potential undead to get past before getting anywhere remotely secure. Reckon I’d be screwed.

parkesie
    Free Member

If I make a break for it I’m heading to pocket shepherds as I love stalwarts.

GrahamS

Family man with a child and a pregnant wife at home.

My chances of survival in any horror situation are low.

My only hope would be that the deaths of the “the guy who retires to idyllic life tomorrow” and the “attractive teenager inexplicably dressed in nightwear” would buy me enough time to escape.

flange
    Free Member

Chances are high. I’m ready….

willard

Pretty good I reckon.

Using some of the logic above, I’m going to be less attractive to the flesh eating hordes (having lost a few pounds recently) and can probably outrun them too (unless they are the 28 Days Later sort).

I’m also handy with a rifle, pistol or shotgun, can fix cars, know how to weld and have done a fair bit of martial arts in my time. Mind you, I have a pregnant wife right no, so that might be a problem.

nealglover
    Free Member

Only on bike forum could “being a Cyclist” be thought of as a Zombie Apocalypse survival skill 😀

MSP

Zombies eat brains not flesh, and taking that into account I don’t think they will bother me much at all.

jamj1974

As a zombie, I would be absolutely fine.

fourbanger
    Free Member

I live on a boat. My chances are high.

buck53

Mind you, I have a pregnant wife right no, so that might be a problem.

Love how that’s the last thing you mention! 😉

Only on bike forum could “being a Cyclist” be thought of as a Zombie Apocalypse survival skill

I think it’s legit, petrol is going to be in short supply pretty quickly, long distance endurance fitness will definitely help at that point.

tazzymtb

Would be ace…just find all the pretty lady zombies, take them to an island and let one have a nibble and then spend eternity as ultra zombie stud muffin…boffing the laydeez until it drops offf.

scaredypants

until it drops off

I think, with zombies, that’s quite a significant risk 🙁

Harry_the_Spider

This is a fairly regular topic of conversation with my mates too. I’ve decided I would survive reasonably well, because:
    – Live on a farm, reasonably isolated, easy to see the zombie horde approaching over the fields.
    – Own a collection of firearms
    – Bikes and skills to maintain them.

All of the above is irrelevant since you then added

– And have one of these (It’s got to help, right?):

[u]You have a Stalwart? [/i][/u]

Please start up a thread all about it.

McHamish
    Free Member

This is a serious concern for me at the moment.

In my home town in Hampshire I knew I could quickly get to the local gun shop to pick up a shotgun or two, and then head over to Winchester or Tidworth to pick up more serious weapons and a military vehicle.

At the moment I’m not particularly familiar with my local area and I’m not sure where the local gun shop is. I could quite easily get to Aldershot but I would have to rely on blunt trauma weapons in the first instance.

Although I have a much faster car now, so that’s a plus point.

I’m not entirely sure how I’ll get across London reach my wife from my office if the outbreak means I’m stranded in Canary Wharf.

tomhoward

High for me, I’m just going to go to the Winchester and wait for it all to blow over. Johns got a breville out the back.

Then once the coast is clear, I want a go in the stalwart!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Will there be any Cornettos?

tomhoward

Yeah boy!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

mrchrispy

PM me your address please PocketShepherd as when it kicks off I’m heading for your gaff, I have a first aid badge and I’ll bring cake!!!

coldhams1
    Free Member

I’d go round my in laws at first news and use my MIL as as distraction offering to gain valuable time to escape. On this note I saw a great t shirt the other day, it read “if there’s a zombie attack , I’m tripping you”.

nealglover
    Free Member

I think it’s legit, petrol is going to be in short supply pretty quickly

a better skill then would be learning how to steal and defend a petrol tanker 😉

long distance endurance fitness will definitely help at that point.

Only if you feel the need to travel long distances.

Fortification in the right location, and sit tight would be my choice.

unknown
    Free Member

You’re all kidding yourselves. A real survival plan takes into account that early in a zombie situation chances are humans are your biggest problem. Think about it, given that the entire population is involved if you’ve had an idea so have thousands of others. Got a fast car to escape? Forget it, all the roads are blocked by every last car in the country. Break into the gun shop? Too late, everyone’s there already. If you don’t already know where you’re going, how, with who and what you’re taking then you’re as good as food. Yes, I’ve given this a LOT of thought.

GrahamS

Can I recommend the PC game “DayZ” to anyone?

It’s a zombie apocalypse simulator and the most telling thing is that once the initial outbreak dies down the other humans are far more dangerous than the zombies:

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gPJ37khFJWI[/video]

scaredypants

a better skill then would be learning how to steal and defend a petrol diesel tanker

chewkw
    Free Member

buck53 – Member

What do you make of your chances? What’s your survival plan?

Pretty good but that depends on the speed of zombies … the faster they are the lower my chance of surviving.

Plan is to carry some sort of weapons but since UK law does not permit Benneli M4 I just have to make myself some home made spears, light body armor, light Viking battle axe, get some Kurkri, travel light if the zombies are fast. Prepare for hand to hand combat … Stay on high ground … booby trap the place with holes 🙁

CountZero

You have a Stalwart?
    Stop right there. You. Have. A. Stalwart.
    Bar Steward! I’d be heading for your gaff with a small armoury just to get my hands on the Stally! I can’t tell you how jealous I am, I’ve wanted one since I got a little white BP Exploration Matchbox toy.

ohnohesback
    Free Member

Is the Stally fitted with the swimming kit?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 64 total)

The topic ‘Zombie Apocalypse, what do you reckon your survival chances would be?’ is closed to new replies.