Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • zero electrolyte tablets
  • mav12
    Free Member

anyone tried them they seem good value 20 tabs for £5

makes 15 litres

sobriety
    Free Member

I like them. Berry are tasty.

druidh
    Free Member

Berry tastes like Creamola Foam (and that’s a good thing!)

cynic-al
    Free Member

Is creamola foam isotonic?

domino

Cherry orange is okay but I prefer Nuun, they dont seem to taste as strong.

foxyrider
    Free Member

Like the citrus myself 🙂

dirtygirlonabike
    Free Member

I prefer nuun as well, except when it’s mixed with high 5 4:1 *feels a bit sick just remembering how it tasted yesterday*

PaulGillespie
    Free Member

Tried them for the first time yesterday and thought they were nice. Only downside for me is that they have very few calories in them. If i’m out for a longer ride I like to have calories in my fluid to suppliment my food intake.

njee20
    Free Member

I like them, used to drink them at work all the time.

druidh
    Free Member

PaulGillespie – Member
    Tried them for the first time yesterday and thought they were nice. Only downside for me is that they have very few calories in them. If i’m out for a longer ride I like to have calories in my fluid to suppliment my food intake.

It’s a before/after ride thing for me. I stick to Torq energy drink during a ride and that already has electrolytes in it. I don’t suffer from cramps a lot either. Interestingly, Clif Shot is also a carb replacement, but they choose to focus on the electrolytes content.

Haze

I’ve been getting along with them OK for the last two or three months but tried Zipvit on yesterdays (quick for me) half century.

Not sure how much difference these things can make but I finished a lot stronger than usual.

May just be one of those things though…

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Myprotein electrolyte powder, costs loads less, and enough to last years, just add orange squash (other flavours are available).

Only downside is not being able to take spares on a ride , but how often do you need to top up mid ride, and you’d probably survive a couple of hours on just water.

globalti
    Free Member

I’m told they are good for hangovers.

Bludgeon
    Free Member

When out riding I sweat lots and without these tablets I get bad cramp, so I totally recommend them. No energy as such which is also good for me as I’m trying to shed some wobbly bits.

My previous post-ride electrolyte drink consisted of a teaspoon of salt in a pint glass half filled with water and the other half orange juice. This worked too but not sure how healthy it is.

I prefer citrus flavour and as there are no carbs in the tablets the water reservoir doesn’t go rank between rides.

Kuco

I prefer Nuun find the Zero ones make me do frothy burps after i’ve drank it 😐

Haze

Um yeah, probably should have added that I get my carbs from eating.

Anyhow, on the basis of yesterday I can recommend the Zipvit…

Bludgeon
    Free Member

Word of warning – It might just be me and my mate, but the tablets with caffiene sent us through the roof. We popped a few in our hydration packs one evening and after the ride I just could not sleep. 1 a.m. came an went and when I did finally nod off sleep was full of dreams and not restful. I was knackered the next day.

Def an early morning thing or for those on 24 hour rides.

cookeaa

I’ve just ordered some Zero Tabs in “Neutral”, along with some Orange flavoured Energy plus sachet for longer rides…

Zero seems better value than many others looking at the Quantity you get Vs price…

Figured I’d go with Natural and I could just pop in some squash to suit my taste preference, and maybe mix the Zero tabs and the Energy source in separate bottles for longer rides, although thats a question; can you put Zero tabs and Energy source in the same bottle/water bladder? or would that over do the Eletrolyte gubbins?

rocketman
    Free Member

I like ’em. I sweat more than Lee Evans and find the Zeroes most excellent. Torq is good in terms of an energy drink but somehow I got immune to it and now I use High5 Energy Source, again most excellent. No real buzz as such but it kills the dead legs feeling after an intense ride.

The caffeinated tabs are also pretty darn good but as said above, you need to drink the mix before you ride otherwise you’ll be climbing up the walls instead of catching some well-deserved zeds.

winterfold
    Free Member

dirtygirl – High 5 4:1 is already electrolytic – why are you mixing the tablets with it?

That might explain you feeling a bit sick?

foxyrider
    Free Member

Yup have 2 tubes and some freebies on the go – used it on sundays MTB event and staved off cramp well in the heat and sunshine 🙂 and better value than NUUN.

jimmers
    Free Member

I find that Zero tablets aren’t as effective as Nuun tablets. According to the recommendations of Zero tablets you should use 2 tablets for a 1.5l bladder. This will have 500mg of sodium.

Zero tablets have 250mg sodium per tablet.

Nuun have 700mg of sodium per tablet (Nuun recommend 1x tablet per 500ml).

So to fill a 1.5l bladder you need 2x Zero tablets or 1x Nuun tablet (if stick with the High 5’s recommendation of sodium intake required).

Therefore I reckon Nuun tablets are better value.

EDIT: Information above is wrong, please ignore. Though I still prefer Nuun.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘zero electrolyte tablets’ is closed to new replies.