Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Zee FR problems….
  • tmb467
    Free Member

Just fitted one and on its first journey out, it snapped at the knuckle

Chain length was the same as I was running on my XT medium cage / mech was set up as well as I could get it

It was a warranty replacement after my previous one fell apart. I thought these were meant to be sturdy??

Anyone else had problems with recent Zee FR purchases from that large organisation in Norn Iron? Tbh they were pretty quick at replacing this one – just wonder if they got a dodgy batch somewhere…hence my question!

rab5474
    Free Member

Mine spat itself into the spokes on friday, it would appear a pin has sheared and it just gave up. I hope its covered under warranty

DT78
    Free Member

Not what I wanted to hear….just bought one from crc…

Liftman

Return it and fork out the reddies for a Saint mech, much sturdier.

ads678

Fitted one last week, it survived a decent session at greno but I suppose time will tell……..

mcnultycop

I have two and they haven’t skipped a beat.(I’ve probably just given myself the kiss of death there).

rab5474
    Free Member

Mine was fine for 3 months until friday

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Did you check the chain length or just use the existing chain?
    I’d probably be sending it back just because it’s worth a shot and you have nothing to lose.

tmb467
    Free Member

Chain length was checked when I had my first Zee

It broke after 2 months and was replaced by CRC. I fitted an XT in the interim but swapped back to the zee when my replacement came. Chain length had been fine before the first breakage (jockey wheel seized) and on the XT so didn’t check it when I swapped back to the Zee. Which then broke first ride out – snapped where the two adjustment screws are

It’ll go back in the hope they do something – it seems I’m not the only one with these issues – now also have to replace the mech hanger as well.

stevede
    Free Member

I’ve had one that exploded randomly through my spokes on a gentle climb and I’ve bent 3 over the past year or so. On med cage Slx’s currently as they were a bit cheaper at the time. I’m quite hard on kit, mechs tend to suffer on my 2 bikes.

Northwind

They’re not that sturdy tbh, they’re as strong as the weakest parts, which are SLX. There’s some Saint bits in them but I wonder if that just overstresses the other bits? Having said that, the SLX isn’t exactly delicate.

Saint is just over £90 these days, and mine has been pleasingly unburstable.

tmb467
    Free Member

CRC had a look at the photo of the damage and are sending me out a new one

Just need to work out how to ‘upgrade it’ to a Saint!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Zee FR problems….’ is closed to new replies.