Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Ze Germans have bought wiggleCRC
  • cheddarchallenged
    Free Member

They’ll be putting an “under new ownership” sign on the door later.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/9a9e130a-ca6f-11eb-b255-82dcc5007185?shareToken=b30baf807aaa17cbe8f2308c93abeb19

Part of a $3.2bn SPAC based deal led by Signa Sports and Yucaipa Acquisition Corporation.

plus-one

Oh goody more price increases 🙁

grantyboy
    Free Member

If WiggleCRC are the second largest, who’s the largest?

BruceWee

Stephan Zoll, chief executive of Signa Sports United, said the listing would enable the company “to continue capturing market share in Europe and to accelerate our US and international expansion while scaling our platform solutions”.

Erm… Do you want to tell him about Brexit or should I?

aP
    Free Member

WiggleCRC own Bike24 so they have a big European presence anyway. Interesting how Signa has grown from a company that did some small resi developments in 2000 to a property developer/ retail business owner.

dirtyrider
    Free Member
    ads678

Article says wigglecrc are the second largest online bike retailer, who’s the biggest?

willard

It will be a way to transfer debt and make more money for the owners. Always is, always will be.

squirrelking
    Free Member

Erm… Do you want to tell him about Brexit or should I?

There’s a lot of Europe outside the EU. You also seem to be forgetting that CRC is a major international player, it’s quicker to order there than home for a lot of US and Australian customers never mind the countless others you see leaving reviews.

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

plus-one
    Free Member
    Oh goody more price increases job losses

FTFY.

BruceWee

There’s a lot of Europe outside the EU.

Don’t tell the gammons they’re still in Europe, it’ll make their heads explode.

It’s a fair point although I’m not sure how much CRC Wiggle is actually selling to Europe now. Even before Brexit I had stopped ordering from them. Bike-discount.de and bike-components.de generally had everything I wanted and cheaper.

I haven’t seen any figures though, I’m just extrapolating from my personal experience (based in Norway).

footflaps

You also seem to be forgetting that CRC is a major international player,

I was always amazed how popular it was/is in South Africa – I would have thought the postage would negate any savings, but apparently not.

molgrips
    Free Member

If wiggle emot 10k staff they are a lot more than a UK warehouse aren’t they?

Doesn’t this new deal mean they’ll have even more buying power and hence more range and stock with more discounts?

footflaps

10k people? Wow, that’s a lot for a bike parts company.

Edukator
    Free Member

Lots of people in my MTB club used to buy from CRC, they’ve now changed to French and German retailers. The CRC database must be worth a lot to anyone based in the EU now people are reluctant to order from NI. Personally I found Wiggle something of a lottery on what they’d actually put in the box. CRC always got it right till they were taken over, but at least there was still a friendly French lady on the phone to sort out the errors.

footflaps

I’m still suprised by the price difference between Wiggle and CRC for identical items, CRC is often cheaper…..

Maybe Roadies (Wiggle) are less price conscious that MTBers (CRC). I bought some Assos bib shorts the other day, 10% on CRC, 0% off on Wiggle….

stevious

I was always amazed how popular it was/is in South Africa – I would have thought the postage would negate any savings, but apparently not.

When I lived in NZ you wouldn’t pay the UK VAT but the threshold for paying import tax was pretty high. Even with shipping it worked out cheaper than buying in the UK.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Ze Germans have bought wiggleCRC’ is closed to new replies.