Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • YT Jeffsy 29 CF 2019 sizing
  • gelatinousblob
    Free Member

Has anyone had experience with the latest CF 29er Jeffsy models in terms of sizing? Based on their size guide, at 175cm I’m just about a large, but a little worried this will be too big.

The stem is already short at 50mm… If I do need to reduce the reach, will a shorter stem be possible / advisable? Or will I find the front wheel wandering on climbs?

I’m coming from a 2014 Scott Scale 960 in size medium, that fits fine…

nickfrog
    Free Member

Are you sure you want 29 wheels at 175cm?

moshimonster
    Free Member

The seat tube is way steeper on the Jeffsy, so even though the reach is much longer, the effective top tube is very similar to your Scale. According to Geometry Geeks think the Medium Jeffsy is a little shorter and the large a bit longer than your Scale. Either would probably fit you. So depends if you want a much longer wheelbase or not

pothead
    Free Member

I’ve recently gone from a medium Mondraker dune carbon to a large Jeffsy29 cf prorace, reach and wheelbase is within a few mm on each bike. The YT feels like it fits me better and a medium would’ve been way too short ( around 5’9″) although YT size chart said either would fit depending on riding style, I actually considered an xl Jeffsy but having ridden it for around 6 weeks glad I went for the large. Putting a shorter stem on a lge frame if needed instead of trying a longer stem on a med frame is a no brainer 2 me if you are still undecided. It took a few rides to get used to the bigger wheel and I’ve changed the Guide RSC brakes for the Hope’s I had on the mondraker but that’s purely because I prefer the feel of the Hope’s and I already had them, and 2 punctures in 1st 3 rides saw the e13 tyres replaced, other than that I’ve no issues so far

gelatinousblob
    Free Member

Thanks @moshimonster, @pothead, Reassured the large should work out OK. There is always the option of an even shorter stem if need be. I’ll update this thread with how I find it. The 80cm bars look huge to me. I’ll try them, but can see myself reaching for a hacksaw..

@nickfrog
    , so far 29″ wheels working fine for me. I tend to do some long days mixing cross country outings with more techy single track and like the rollability… Is that a word?

pothead
    Free Member

I did try the bars at 800mm but ended up cutting down to 780, doesn’t sound much but has made a difference. The bike has handled everything I’ve ridden with ease so far from short local xc loops to some of the steepest trails I’ve ever ridden at the Naughty Northumbrian last month

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘YT Jeffsy 29 CF 2019 sizing’ is closed to new replies.