Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • YT Industries – 2017
  • patriotpro
    Free Member

They’re on the website now, but disappointingly, don’t seem very new…

AlexSimon

All they needed to do was lengthen them a bit and maybe lower the seat tube length.
    Ah well.

Yetiman
    Free Member

Paint and spec changes only it appears but it would’ve been good to see the conservative geo tweaked a bit, but I guess they’ll sell sh*itloads anyway so what do I know.

legend
    Free Member

Geo changes = new (or at least reworked) moulds so can’t seem them doing frame tweaks/changes very often

Trimix
    Free Member

Just small component changes and some spec changes.

The top spec Capra seems to come with E13 wheels and cranks now.

Luckily for me I got mine last year with top spec SRAM carbon cranks and top spec Swiss DT carbon rims.

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

means my Tues isnt outdated so i’m happy

chakaping
    Free Member

All they needed to do was lengthen them a bit and maybe lower the seat tube length.

+1

But it looks like 2018 for a Capra mk2 and 2019 at the earliest for Jeffsy mk2, I’d guess.

patriotpro
    Free Member

AlexSimon – Member
    Ah well.

The ONLY tweek they needed to make but they haven’t…

chakaping
    Free Member

They’re clearly wanting to get their money’s worth out of the Capra moulds, 2017 will be four years won’t it?

AlexSimon

Just 3 I think. (well I don’t think many people had them until mid-summer 2014 so maybe 3.5yrs if they don’t replace until this time next year.

coomber
    Free Member

Lack of change in geometry aside, still quite staggering value.

bennyboy1
    Free Member

Capra Carbon frame now available in size XL for the first time is the main addition for the 2017 range, still a very short TT for us gangly types though.

nickhit3
    Free Member

is there a consensus on the reliability of their carbon bikes from the recent model years? I’ve read a few crack reports but not sure how truthful that is and whether they’re any more reliable or not than any other producer.

for me the TuesAL in black is lovely looking and indeed a bargain.

colp

Have a 2015 & 2016 model. Both done rough rocky alpine trails and some fairly big drops and jumps, no problems so far.

andykentos
    Free Member

I had a 2015 comp 1, got the normal “paint crack” or whatever you want to call it behind the headset, got it replaced no stress, new one no problems. Maybe it was just an early problem.

Willing to say the Capra is by far the best bike i have owned so far, although it is being replaced with a 2017 reign advanced one, mainly because the price is to good to turn down through work and it looks like sex on legs!

Other than that i would be sticking with the capra

2016 CF Comp here – best bike I’ve owned – having a short torso/long legs, I don’t want a long top tube

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘YT Industries – 2017’ is closed to new replies.