Viewing 14 posts - 41 through 54 (of 54 total)
  • YT Ind Wicked pro
  • dlr

A rough weight idea would be good ta. I ran devilles for a year and a half, wonder if they will bring out a bos shod 650b version

_tom_
    Free Member

Cabeu that looks great! Would love one but unfortunately saving for a house deposit has to come first 🙁

elltell
    Free Member

I have no regrets, plus I got to RTW scheme £1000 of the bike plus saved VAT on the rest. Bike cost me fek all.

e13 came loose, fixed now.
    Spokes came loose, fixed now
    Cables have rubbed on the BOS fork, hay ho!

Nothing major.

Wish id have gone large.

See here

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/taking-the-plunge-my-new-yt-wicked-160-ltd

Fluff66
    Free Member

Another potential purchaser here. The bikes look mint, awesome VFM, however I’m being put off by pretty grim tales about customer support (look at MTBR and check out the 16 page thread on PinkBike)

Not heard inspiring tales of reliability on BOS kit and as others said above, BOS UK won’t support YT products (in terms of warranty issues) so would probably go for the more reliable/cheaper than the super plush suspension offering.

What is bothering me quite a lot is that it seems there is still no way to get spare mech hangers for a fair number of their bikes – including the Wicked. YT have been sold out for at least a month now, probably longer, and there aren’t any third party manufacturers.

Anyone have any more info on this??

If this is for real, there must be some very pi55ed off owners around. How long does it take to machine a few hundred mech hangers FFS 🙁

nodrog2
    Free Member

A mate has one (Wicked 26″ wheels) and loves it. He rates it very highly. The BOS is very composed. Only niggle he has is that the frame is cracked. It’s currently in transit on it’s way back to Germany. This is not the first one I’ve seen crack either. Another frame I know of cracked in exactly the same place.

cabeaumont
    Free Member

eltell, thats amazing that you managed to get it on rtw!! It’s reassuring that you haven’t had any major issues either.

nodrog, that is concerning – i’m hoping they are isolated incidents on the 26″ version – at least the ‘trail’ bikes come with a warranty unlike all the others in the range! What I do find interesting is that the only people who can post on the YT Facebook page is YT! I guess there’d be a whole crowd of angry warranty refugees flooding the page if this wasn’t the case!! I think after sales is seriously where YT need to improve – something I am yet to experience..and hopefully won’t need to.

fluff, I agree that the mech hanger situation is worrying – i waited an extra 2 weeks for the spare mech hanger to come into stock before buying the bike…and even then they didn’t actually have one in stock. As I do have a spare one atm I am seriously considering exploring the possibility of getting some machined here in the UK. Might set-up a FaceBook page for UK YT owners to discuss, issues and how they got them resolved and also possibly sell some UK made spares such as mech hangers.

dlr, I don’t think the 650b Wicked Pro is far away given the various pics with Crossmax 650b wheels and then this one with BOS forks

Fluff66
    Free Member

A mate has one. Only niggle he has is that the frame is cracked.

@nodrog2
    I’d love to know what your mate considers as a serious issue then. 😆

Fluff66
    Free Member

@cabeaumont

Cheers for useful info you have been sticking up

I’d be interested to hear how the bike climbs as not heard a lot about that. I’d like to know how it would be on long days out in “big hills”

I assumed (and I’m happy to be proved wrong) that since neither BETD or Wheels Manufacturing are making YT hangers that there is a reason for this…either they ain’t allowed or YT won’t release the design info?? (I’m presuming BETD/WM work from a template rather than reverse engineer the design??)

nodrog2
    Free Member

@Fluff66 My mate continued to ride the bike after finding the initial crack a few weeks ago as he wanted to finish the Enduro season. However, after Dyfi last weekend he decided to strip the bike down and send it back to Germany as the crack was getting bigger. Only a small niggle really 😉

billybanzai
    Free Member

Starting to sound like a nightmare these YT lot!! Cracked frames!! That’s a biggy me thinks think I might just build up a Cotic rocket up instead lol!!! More expensive but it’ll be easier on warranty lol

RudiBoy
    Free Member

Got one of the BOS equipped wicked.

I wouldn’t buy from YT again.

Been trying to get my forks sorted for the last 6 months.

thumbs down from me.

billybanzai
    Free Member

No way then!! Cotic rocket build it is!!!!

gibbonarms
    Free Member

As the owner of a YT wicked, I have now just ordered a Cotic Rocket, something I should’ve done instead of buying the YT!

cabeaumont
    Free Member

Gibbonarms, as someone who just purchased a Wicked i’d be interested in your reasons why. Oh and was it a Wicked Pro with BOS by any chance?

Viewing 14 posts - 41 through 54 (of 54 total)

The topic ‘YT Ind Wicked pro’ is closed to new replies.