Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Youtube videos buffering – help needed.
  • donald
    Free Member

I can’t play youtube videos without excessive buffering, even at the lowest quality setting. Chrome and Firefox, Windows 10.

Vimeo is fine, even at the highest setting and IPlayer seems to work OK too. It’s only youtube I have a problem with.

Speedtest.net shows me a download speed of 10 Mbps.

Given that vimeo is fine I think that my ISP may be at fault but is there anything I should be looking at at my end?

Thanks

matt_outandabout

My laptop is just downloading a
    huuuge windows 10 update… And it’s grinding everything to a halt.

mikey74
    Free Member

I find that with Youtube sometimes. I think it’s mainly to do with the traffic on the site..

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    andytherocketeer

Does it from time to time.
    Vimeo is worse, mainly due to when it does have trouble buffering, if you hit pause it stops buffering too.

I’ve been told to get fast intawebz, but when youtube/vimeo end up at 144p and stuttering, I can safely say that my net connection is sitting there almost idle, and can easily max it out with something else.

Either youtube gets overloaded or your (and my) ISP are overloaded, so throttle. Probably putting priority on their TV over IP services.

donald
    Free Member

Thanks guys, It’s not a Windows update because everything else still works fine.

I suspect my ISP is not playing nicely with youtube. I’ll take my laptop round to one of the neighbors who’s on a different ISP and see if I can watch Danny MacAskill there!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Youtube videos buffering – help needed.’ is closed to new replies.