Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 109 total)
  • YouTube ‘comedian’ found guilty over ‘nazi pug’ salute video
  • retro83
    Free Member

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/news/2389593/coatbridge-youtube-comedian-found-guilty-over-nazi-pug-salute-video/

Basically a dude known as Count Dankula trains his girlfriend’s dog to do a ‘Nazi’ salute when he says things like “gas the Jews”.  He’s been found guilty of an offense under the Communications Act and is likely to be given a short prison sentence.

I shant link it for fear of getting the Guantanamo treatment, but it’s still readily available on youtube should you choose to search for “M8 Yer Dugs A Nazi”.

What are we saying then STW?  Well deserved? Or a free-speech stifling waste of time?

zippykona

Nazi pugs

Nazi pugs

Nazi pugs

**** off.

ads678

Sounds fair enough, they can bang all racists up for a bit for me.

poah
    Free Member

free speech waste of time.

SaxonRider

Stupid speech prosecute

JefWachowchow
    Free Member

A guy in my town trained his dog to bark aggressively when he said the N word.

I couldn’t give 2 **** to what ever happened to him either.

Idiots will be idiots. Best to ignore

chakaping
    Free Member

Former English Defence League leader Tommy Robinson arrived at Airdrie Sheriff Court to show his support for Meechan

Bang him up I say.

No problem with dogs giving Nazi salutes personally, but “gas the Jews” is a bit off.

PJM1974
    Free Member

I think that this speaks volumes about the comedian’s comic abilities.

5thElefant
    Free Member

I hope the judge doesn’t see Ricky Gervais’ Humanity. Makes Nazi pugs look tame.

DezB
    Free Member

Some people teach dogs to guide blind people, some to find hidden drugs or bombs, some teach dogs to chase criminals. And some people are **** wits.

chakaping
    Free Member

Forgot to give zippykona a LOL.

😀

sbob
    Free Member

Obvious joke, massive waste of police time.

wwaswas

This is the legislation used, I can see how what they did would be covered.

https://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2003/21/section/127

Northwind

Well played Zippy.

I dunno, I would be both appalled and amused by this dog. And I don’t think whether I find something funny or not is a good gauge of whether it’s actually comedy.

Trimix
    Free Member

It’s a joke, some may laugh, some may take offence.  Might be a good or a bad joke but I dont think it should be a crime to joke about it.

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

nother martyr for the neo-nobheads.  Home-goal by the justice system IMO.

rene59
    Free Member

Complete and utter waste of resources, it should have been dismissed for being the joke it was obviously intended to be. I remember seeing this when it happened and thought it was a complete over reaction and nothing would eventually come of it. Just can’t believe he could now do time for it. Makes me angry actually thinking about all the crimes that get let go, not investigated etc and people who have done terrible things not even serving a day in jail yet there was enough resources to be wasted on this shite.

kilo

Don’t see any joke looks like a valid prosecution.

Clover

Ugh. A friend of mine has a ten year old daughter who brought another kid home. This child stood in the middle of their kitchen and told my friend’s daughter ‘you’re the most hated girl in our class because you’re Jewish’. I don’t think kid 2 was even trying to be nasty, just stating what they saw as fact.

So I’m with the police on prosecuting this, there are a lot of people out there who don’t think it’s just funny.

alexandersupertramp
    Free Member

Guys a fanny but does he need to go to jail, compared with proper hate this is almost pathetic.

As we mentioned above about the RIcky G new one, he covers this about  being offended and his joke about Hitler as a dinner party guest is really funny. IMO

People (not all) are all to happy laughing until it his a nerve and they find that part offensive. But were happy laughing at bits others find offensive. again IMO

just as I was trying this a RG  tweet pop up

”A man has been convicted in a UK court of making a joke that was deemed “grossly offensive”. If you don’t believe in a person’s right to say things that you might find “grossly offensive”, then you don’t believe in Freedom of Speech“

km79
    Free Member

It’s a sad state of affairs when being offensive is considered a crime. Pathetic really.

jimjam
    Free Member

Kilo

He’s conflating Hitler, the genocidal dictator with a pug.

Hitler

…a pug.

It’s the juxtaposition you see. Hitler killed a lot of people. As far as I know, this pug did not. Now if he had actually trained this dog to gas jews there might have been an issue but as far as I can see, the dog did not posses the means to gas the jews.

kilo

And the element of humour in this juxtaposition is?

jimjam
    Free Member

kilo

And the element of humour in this juxtaposition is?

…entirely subjective. The fact that you don’t see it, aren’t willing to acknowledge, or deny that it exists doesn’t mean that holds true for everyone else. The ironic juxtaposition of Hitler, and a Pug can be considered amusing because of how different they are, and the taboo subject matter. It can be either, or both, or none.

somafunk

I thought it was funny,  however i can differentiate between a genuine nazi with their abhorrent beliefs and a bloke winding his girlfriend up by getting her beloved pug to salute on a given cue.

kilo

So if it’s entirely subjective and I said I don’t see any humour in the activity what was the point of your post, did you figure I couldn’t understand the concept of a juxtaposition?

km79
    Free Member

Just because you can’t see something doesn’t mean it’s not there.

sirromj

Maybe we should have a degenerate comedy show exhibiting examples of all the most offensive comics to serve as an example of what is criminally offensive?

Saying that, I have no sympathy for the guy. Mind you I haven’t watched the video but it sounds terrible. winky-smiley-here.

sbob
    Free Member

You don’t need to see the joke, he explains it in the video.

Any one that thinks it is right to possibly imprison this man for his video is a professionally offended idiot.

At least Count Dankula will be able to see the funny side; the irony that the people calling for his prosecution and imprisonment for teaching his GF’s dog to salute like a Nazi, are behaving like Nazis.

You do not have the right to not be offended.

sirromj

But it’s such bad taste.

kilo

Yes that’s because it’s subjective, hanging around with neo nazis is less subjective a measure of being a dick. Yes I’m professionally offended course I am. We’re the bench professionally offended too? And presumably the PF office?

jimjam
    Free Member

kilo

So if it’s entirely subjective and I said I don’t see any humour in the activity what was the point of your post, did you figure I couldn’t understand the concept of a juxtaposition?

No, your exact words were “Don’t see any joke”, not “I don’t see the humour” or “I don’t find it funny”. “Don’t see any joke” implies that you cannot see a joke, or the mechanism which causes it to be funny. So if you did see that it was a juxtaposition and chose to ignore that, then you posted a lie, presumably to signal how virtuous you are.

sbob
    Free Member

hanging around with neo nazis

Ooh, oh do go on…

kilo

Former English Defence League leader Tommy Robinson arrived at Airdrie Sheriff Court to show his support for Meechan – even interviewing him outside Sheriff Court during a recess in the trial.

oldtalent
    Free Member

Hand wringers warm your hands up.

Im not a web developer so dont know the secret codes to make links work on this forums, lets see how this looks.

https://youtu.be/ExAydddhsIk

kilo

No, your exact words were “Don’t see any joke”, not “I don’t see the humour” or “I don’t find it funny”. “Don’t see any joke” implies that you cannot see a joke, or the mechanism which causes it to be funny. So if you did see that it was a juxtaposition and chose to ignore that, then you posted a lie, presumably to signal how virtuous you are.

Dont see see any joke means I don’t see any humour in the activity, therefore, being to me humourless, there’s no joke there. Virtue signaling, course I am dear. Going to have my dinner now but you carry on getting irked

jimjam
    Free Member

Presumably you think the creator of this meme should go to jail too?

sbob
    Free Member

Ah.

I wouldn’t have labelled Robinson as a neo-nazi.

I mean, he’s almost certainly a racist football thug, and several times convicted criminal, but I would have drawn the line just short of neo-nazi.

Foolish of Dankula to meet with him. Robinson will use his “free speech” crusade to latch onto the more legitimate.

sirromj

Just found the video. Funniest thing for me was the comment “LITERALLY HITLER”. The video oldtalent posted was amusing however.

zilog6128

You don’t need to see the joke, he explains it in the video.

if it IS just a prank on his girlfriend, why does he then feel compelled to film & broadcast it to the world, giggling like a naughty schoolboy who’s just learnt to swear as he repeats “gas the Jews” over and over? I can certainly see why some people would find it grossly offensive. The Sherrif thought the guy’s explanation was a lie, presumably thinking the real intention is to garner YouTube clicks by being controversial/offensive. If he disagrees with the decision, I guess he can appeal and take it to a higher court.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 109 total)

The topic ‘YouTube ‘comedian’ found guilty over ‘nazi pug’ salute video’ is closed to new replies.