Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 53 total)
  • your weekend cycling plans?
  • ciderinsport
    Free Member

Mine, nothing on Saturday, but Sunday is an epic! (For an old fat bloke like me!)

A 15 mile off road dash to the ferry to the Isle Of Wight, 35 miles over there, with lunch at a very nice pub, followed by the inevitable 15 mile slog home across the New Forest home, after the return crossing….

I love summer 😆

What are you doing?

bigtimebones
    Free Member

25 mile slog round Hamsterley Forest followed by a BBQ. My idea of heaven 🙂

user-removed
    Free Member

Off to the Lakes tomorrow. A week with the in-laws. I need an escape hatch, so the bike is coming along.

jekkyl

Wel jel about the Isle of Wight, how much is ferry with a bike?

I’m doing my local forest loop crack o dawn Saturday, about 30 minutes time and then we’ve got a wedding all day. Weather looks cracking, have a good one all.

rascal
    Free Member

Heading for Stiniog in next 10 mins

LoCo
    Free Member

Cwmcarn later for a pootle to see how my chest is feeling after 4 weeks of chest infection and cold

Crag
    Free Member

I’m doing the Cheshire Cat sportive over in Crewe tomorrow.

Having only been out on the road iron twice in the last 3 months (Mon & Weds this week)and finding out that the route has been extended from 62 to 76 miles I can’t say I’m filled with joy at the prospect.

Candodavid
    Free Member

Work today, mendip mtb on Sunday am for a short swift blast, then home change shoes and bike and road for 5 hours.

rOcKeTdOg

Riding to the bakery today, singlespeed racing tomorrow

bwfc4eva868
    Free Member

Work till Tuesday but I finish at 1500 so back home have a few hours on bike, then Asda for tea and wake the missus up.

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Road blast with the a few mates this morning, 70+ miles hopefully then on to a BBQ with the lads from the club so I get to talk bikes all night as well. 😀 Tomorrow is club run with the fast boys. In this heat it should be a proper mauling. 😈

rugbydick

Loading the car, ready for France. Mega-bound!!!

warton
    Free Member

On a bus, on way to do c2c today. Tomorrow, sleeping.

jedi

coaching today then i’ll stay overnight at herts for beers and riding sunday

mogrim

Long run now, then long MTB ride tomorrow.

johnikgriff
    Free Member

Antor Stiniog yesterday, Nant yr Arian today and Climb max trail tomorrow. 🙂

Harry_the_Spider

Off out for a 2 hour blast round the local stuff with my wife this morning and this on Monday night.

shotsaway
    Free Member

Mine, nothing on Saturday, but Sunday is an epic! (For an old fat bloke like me!)

A 15 mile off road dash to the ferry to the Isle Of Wight, 35 miles over there, with lunch at a very nice pub, followed by the inevitable 15 mile slog home across the New Forest home, after the return crossing….

I love summer

What are you doing?

Are you doing the Wiggle Event?

Haze

Nowt special, a quick loop on the road bike this morning, probably same again tomorrow…

kerv
    Free Member

Nearly got out this morning (see 7.15 thread) but usual Sunday 45mile mtb route in the sunshine tomorrow.

kerv
    Free Member

Sorry double post

njee20
    Free Member

Nice long Surrey Hills spin later on for me, then a quick road jaunt tomorrow.

mrphil
    Free Member

Riding to Llandegla in a short while, most likley do the Black trail.

Then tomorrow Liverpool-Chester-Liverpool 100 mile ride.

All on’t MTB

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Rode YouYangs today and stuffed up the Go Pro of boulder (not in the plan) waiting to fly home then catch 2nd half of the Lions before sleeping it off and getting 60km in tomorrow on the road bike to get my 150km for the week target done and strip the brakes off the bike and wash the wheels to transplant to the new bike.

chiefgrooveguru

FoD yesterday, Afan today, Cwmcarn uplift tomorrow. However, I completely messed up the second of the larger drops on GBU yesterday, landed on my head and spent 6 hours strapped down in a neck brace in A&E whilst they checked that I didn’t have any spinal injuries. Thankfully I’m ok but far too bruised to ride for a while…

ashleydwsmith
    Free Member

Mtb ride today, hoping the ayte course is marked to ride that as cant ride tomorrow in the event as already promised a mate a good ride ooer (on the road bike).

Really looking forward to both.

YellowBelly
    Free Member

Cheshire cat on sunday. Gonna be a warm one.

MulletusMaximus
    Free Member

Today – Out on my cyclocross bike later for a gentle ride to watch some cricket at the club I used to play for.

Tomorrow – Lots of hills on the road bike. 😀

ciderinsport
    Free Member

Are you doing the Wiggle event?

No!

SOAP
    Free Member

MBR Porlock route today and the CwmCarn twirch trail tomorrow. Perfect…

ska-49
    Free Member

Beach all day today and tomorrow and hopefully fit in an hour cycle each evening.

handybendyhendo
    Free Member

Peaks tomorrow……7.30am start from Hope (possibly L’bower)

spacemonkey

BBQ at a friend’s house tomorrow followed by Surrey Hills epic when the sun has cooled 🙂

handybendyhendo
    Free Member

Oh – and Sherwood this afty with kids…..

coolhandluke
    Free Member

Swap my Magura Louise FR brakes with my Magura Louise BAT brakes on my Enduro, maybe.

Then again the weather is a bit nice to be tinkering.

oldgit
    Free Member

Vets national Road Race a little later today, followed by a shower of weak cold beer and then a BBQ.
    Sunday the most chilled ride ever on or off road I’ve not decided.

hilldodger
    Free Member

jekkyl – Member
    … about the Isle of Wight, how much is ferry with a bike?

Portsmouth to Ryde passenger ferry £16 return, bikes free
    cheaper if you book as part of a train journey and use network card, planning to go today but train service suspended 🙁
    so local Surrey ride instead 😀

bikebouy
    Free Member

The local hills and trails for me. After a weeks trail running training along the SDW I need to roll the legs out, so expect a lot of stopping, chilling, dipping feet in the river and laters a couple of pints of local brewed beer and chips, fish & chips sounds great.
    Enjoy all.

binners

Local loop for me. Starting right about….. Now. Have fun y’all! 😀

badllama
    Free Member

Well was.going to be the lakes BUT as Evans still has my Enduro it will.be a blast round Delamere on Sunday
    2 **** weeks to put a front derailer on spesh Enduro could not make it up 🙁

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 53 total)

The topic ‘your weekend cycling plans?’ is closed to new replies.