Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Your view on the meaning of “Offers in region of…”
  • mysterymurdoch
    Free Member

With this being more and more common, what would you expect as a seller and as a buyer?

I personally feel it means that you would accept less than the price stated. We took the value of our flat and advertised it as offers in the region of that. We are willing to accept up to 10% less, yet having made a couple of offers on houses the sellers have said they want more than that value.

It’s obviously down to each seller and may vary, but I’m wondering the thoughts of others?

theflatboy
    Free Member

yep, that’s what it means – they might have got confused when they listed it and meant to say offers in excess of, but you’re right about it being a ballpark figure.

mysterymurdoch
    Free Member

wrong forum sorry! Can this be moved?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    stevomcd
    Free Member

Personally I would expect it to mean “I’m hoping for at least this much but if I don’t get much interest would be willing to accept a little bit less.”

trailmonkey

My view on the meaning of offers in the region of, and in fact all Estate Agent speak is……………

I’m going to use words in order to dance around the reality of this situation for long enough so that you are distracted from the fact that I am a slimy, low life, economy wrecking, maggot, estate agent, who is trying to get you to commit your entire lifes’ earnings in order that I can have a huge chunk of them. I will also be using words like ‘betwixt’in order to further bamboozle you.

😉

samuri
    Free Member

I agree with trailmonkey. All the wording, all the numbers, all the justification and all the complete bull you hear coming out of an estate agents mouth is both a lie and driven by pure greed. but to answer the original question, it can be anything you like. Once someone comes to you with an offer, you can either accept or refuse it. It’s probably not worth losing any sleep over.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Your view on the meaning of “Offers in region of…”’ is closed to new replies.