Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 211 total)
  • Your top tips for looking like a bell-end?
  • piemonster

Has no one suggested look at my …jolly…red trousers yet?

I’d link but it’s a bit sweary.

Jolly red trousers

TooTall
    Free Member

can i get a certificate or something?.

Yes. It will carry the words ‘My mum still buys my clothes and dresses me (and she thinks I’m still 12 years old)

somafunk

Cool, cheers TooTall. Can I have it in a comic sans typeface?, Oooo! and laminated please as I can then use it as a wipe down placemat for when im allowed my playdough…….I’m only allowed a 15 min session per day with playdough though as I like to eat it, yum-yum!.

arrpee
    Free Member

There’s a young guy often seen on my commute who’s resurrected the 1980s gay fashion trend of wearing different coloured bandanas in your back pockets to advertise your sexual proclivities.

I *cough* understand that the different colours correspond to particular activities, while the pocket in which it’s worn indicates whether you prefer to participate, errr…actively or passively.

Now, I can see the practical utility of this kind of visual shorthand in a club, but on a commuter train at 8 am?

robdob
    Free Member

I don’t care less what anyone, apart from my wife whose opinion I really rate, thinks about what I’m wearing. I still wear my cream baggy cargo trousers and skate shoes (none of this 661 malarkey) as that’s what I used to wear BMXing. I can’t stand wearing long sleeve shirts, tie or not. I don’t think I actually own one. You’ll never see me wearing what’s in fashion because everyone looks the same.
    I’ll wear a (fitted) baseball cap until the day I die because I like them and have been wearing them since I was 12. I’ll never have a fancy watch or a collection of cuff links or fancy English hand made shoes or fitted shirts or jeans. I’ll be wearing surf and skate brands forever.

Thanks for making me happy about what I wear, I’m just glad I don’t fit into your “cool” niche, thank you very much.

soundninjauk

Sunglasses on the tube. You’re underground, you don’t need them.

jackthedog
    Free Member

In fact give anyone a job that involves controlling something important to other people, and there’s a disproportionately large amount of bell-ends.

I’ve never met a patronising librarian.

Off topic maybe, but the most insightful post in this thread.

MrSmith
    Free Member

What? Beige action slacks, hoody and baseball cap?

stu1972
    Free Member

Folk dripping in North Face & using walking poles when strutting about browsing the high street shops in Keswick / Windermere etc.

Reminds me of the scene on Dumb & Dumber when Harry & Lloyd get kitted out in Aspen after borrowing the money out of the briefcase !

ohnohesback
    Free Member

Wear red spectacle frames.

Get a tattoo.

Have a pierced eybrow.

mintimperial

Big thick frame hipster glasses

But I won’t be able to see properly if I take them off… 🙁

I saw one of those stupid new squashed Range Rovers on the M69 the other week, with a vanity plate, tinted windows, all done up with an “urban camo” paint job. I can only assume that the owner walked into the shop and asked for “something to make me look like a complete **** bellend.”

messiah
    Free Member

Always carry a coffee cup to show how important and busy you are that you can’t sit down and enjoy it.

grum
    Free Member

Write sneery judgmental posts as if you are some kind of arbiter of style, on an Internet mountain bike forum?

mintimperial

Just bought a fancy new Range Rover have we grum? 😉

grum
    Free Member

In white with blacked out windows and a personalised number plate, yup!

mintimperial

Well, whatever floats yer boat…

Ro5ey
    Free Member

Can’t quite believe Ohno’s writing something that is valid.

Get a tattoo

End the thread right there

Clothes can be changed, skin can’t

grum
    Free Member

mintimperial – Member
    Well, whatever floats yer boat…

I intend to drive round in it (badly) wearing camo trousers, pointy shoes and a north face body warmer, with sunglasses perched on top of my baseball cap, pumping out loud gangsta rap with the windows down – just to try and annoy as many people as possible. 🙂

mintimperial

That’s the spirit! Get some big red Timmy Mallet glasses to complete the look.

RoganJosh
    Free Member

Those Barbour Aston Martin jackets – ‘hey there how you doing can you guess what car I drive?’

Mantastic
    Free Member

Trousers that are elasticated at the bottom of each leg, normally worn with some canvas shoe. Why oh why

cat69uk
    Free Member

My son has them trousers, I call them poo catchers!

banks
    Free Member

Can understand tattoo’s just not when you see people coveted in them – neck, hands etc

Oh and plugs

+1 tramp beards

+1 full on walking gear in completely unsuitable scenarios.

The middle-aged Barbour/belstaff crowd. Few years ago I could count the number of pubs/cafes on one hand that would let you in if you were wearing said ‘brands’. Now you can’t move an inch anywhere in cheshire without finding at least one family wearing sponsored by them

The rolled up immaculate jeans poncey shoes not wearing socks crowd.

Girls in carhart hats too!

ocrider

My son has them trousers, I call them poo catchers!

In our household, hareem pants are known as shit-catchers.

Either way, both of these trousers are crimes against humanity. The jogging pant remodelling of late is a travesty making all those cool-kids look like they’re off down the petrol station at 5am to buy a pint of milk.

piemonster

banks
    Free Member

Oh and ugh boots. Own a pair. Instant slow death sentence.

rudebwoy
    Free Member

shave your head, then rub your face vigorously for as long as poss, should look a little like a bell end, a double chin would add to the effect….

edlong
    Free Member

Anyone who dresses as though they are in a different social class from me (in either direction).

There, thread summarised.

rudebwoy
    Free Member

Anyone who dresses as though they are in a different social class from me (in either direction).

There, thread summarised.

any one who worries about how they look……..

somafunk

Is that ^ an advert for some poncy aspirational “lifestyle” clothing company or a piss-take? – Hmmm…I’m unsure whether to laugh or shake my head in pity. The “henry” wi the dog looks mighty chuffed with himself, i hope he’s carrying poo bags in his tailored wool coat, i expect his poo bags are a cut above my pocketfull of cheap black bags.

tinman66
    Free Member

The irony of fashion advice from STW is genius.

Have a look round the average bike shop or trail centre car park and tell me we’re in any position to comment.

I’m sure there are a lot of people who would consider riding a push bike around some woods as deeply uncool and something we should have grown out of a lot earlier.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Take up cycling, surely…… 😉

Common option 1: MAMIL
    Alternative option: MAM in pre-pubescent/urban attire

Both options overpriced, but designed to satisfy OP. Why do we do it? Do we have no shame? 😉

[edit, sorry X-post with tinman. Same point really]

DezB
    Free Member

A few people seem to have mistaken this thread to be about fashion.

It is not, it’s about bellendery.

Gettit?

MrSmith
    Free Member

i hope he’s carrying poo bags in his tailored wool coat, i expect his poo bags are a cut above my pocketfull of cheap black bags.

You don’t need a pooh bag when walking on land that been in your family for generations.

rudebwoy
    Free Member

Barbour do a re-usable dog shit bag, in wax cotton, although i hear Burberry are launching a range of poodle pouches….

piemonster
    DezB
    Free Member

There’s a chap (I was going to say “bloke”, but nah, he’s a chap) who brings his kid to our rugby club, dresses just like that pic (chocolate lab instead of a pointer).
    He’s not a bell end though. Just really really posh. And a bit thick.

rudebwoy
    Free Member

He’s not a bell end though. Just really really posh. And a bit thick.

inbred ?

DezB
    Free Member

I don’t doubt it.

nealglover
    Free Member

I’ll wear a (fitted) baseball cap until the day I die because I like them and have been wearing them since I was 12.

And how old are you now ?

Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 211 total)

The topic ‘Your top tips for looking like a bell-end?’ is closed to new replies.