Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 211 total)
  • Your top tips for looking like a bell-end?
  • Houns

Any cycling/mountain bike clothes

flanagaj
    Free Member

You missed out the ultimate fashion faux pas!

Wearing shorts over your lycra full length bibs.

DezB
    Free Member

+ Not wearing shorts over your lycra full length bibs.

TPTcruiser

Cider with ice in it, in a pub. Watered down short measure?

stevestunts
    Free Member

Topless men in public urban environments. Saw a youth earlier today sauntering through town with his shirt off, but black gloves on… Yes mate, everyone is in awe of your masterful physique and homemade tattoos. A diet of Rustlers and Frosty Jacks sure does help to hone a buff body.

makeitorange
    Free Member

One I’ve noticed recently is zipped hoodies with the zip completely undone but the cords that come out of the hood tied in a little bow at the top. Odd. Also agree with skinny jeans, especially the ones that are skinny but with a low crotch – theses are the height of trouser twatery.

surroundedbyhills
    Free Member

Ok so what is wrong with Body warmers exactly or Gilets as they ar now known, functional and useful midlayer clothing, no? Also Salomon Shoes no differnt from Nike or anyoher brand of trainers, yes/no?

For the record, I don’t like ponytails on men, they are for horses or girls, that is all. I do however envy an epic beard and plan to grow mine like this one day…

unklehomered
    Free Member

Wearing Full Face + goggles at Stainburn any UK non DH trail centre.

EDIT: and then mincing round the features…

crikey
    Free Member

Woolly hats and t shirts…

BoardinBob

Short sleeved shirt and a tie

The WORST office attire ever

SamB
    Free Member

Dropping gel wrappers.

Correct, this is bulls**t

Infact, being anywhere near a gel if you’re not in a race.

Whilst I would prefer not to eat energy gels where possible, it’s unfortunately the only way to check that energy gel brand X is not going to induce some sort of diarrhetic episode mid-race is to test it out beforehand….

Top button done up without a tie

This drives me up the **** wall as well! I blame that Labrinth fella

Woody
    Free Member

local NHS ambulance service staff, anyone wearing combats tucked into the top of boots

We have a few like that! It’s almost as bad as the ones who sew creases into their ‘combat’ green trousers 😆

Shorts with lily-white legs, capped off with socks and sandals.

Pigface
    Free Member

Wearing t shirts from bands you have never heard of ie The Ramones.

I want to go up to someone wearing one and say “I will give you £50 if you can name me 3 albums they have recorded”

Trouble is with my luck they will manage it and I will be down £50 😆

toxicsoks
    Free Member

Went to visit my daughter, on Monday, who has been seconded from “oop North” to run a store in the Bicester Designer Village…………there were so many travesties that I can’t even begin to list them……….OK, one, then – people who wear “fitted” garments………………that fitted someone 20yrs younger and 15kg lighter. 😯

Dickyboy

Asking random strangers if they can name three albums released by the artist or band named on their tee shirt will probably out “bell end” said tee shirt wearers

downthemiddle
    Free Member

Blokes wearing big wooly hats inside in the Gym ! With vest tops FFS…PS particulalry those stoopid ones that are really long and flop down at the back. Twonks

kingkongsfinger
    Free Member

3/4 length pants, f00kin hate them, and flip flops(unless on the beach)

Anything brand bought from Sports Direct.

tomhoward

Wearing Full Face + goggles at Stainburn any UK non DH trail centre.

There was a guy up there in an XC lid and googles yesterday. Can’t comment on his prowess as a rider, but he did look a little silly.

Apologies if it was you…..

patriotpro
    Free Member

Cider with ice in it, in a pub. Watered down short measure?

It comes bottled whenever i’ve had it, otherwise definitely.

unklehomered
    Free Member

No not me, i have occasionally gone with that combo for long descents (snowdon etc), but with aviator style googles, not DH type ones…

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

There was a guy up there in an XC lid and googles yesterday. Can’t comment on his prowess as a rider, but he did look a little silly.

I could have done with those last Sunday in the Dales, riding into driving wind and freezing horizontal rain

LoCo
    Free Member

Telling this chap he should pedal smoother 😉

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/welsh-coast-to-coast-record-attempt

shandcycles
    Free Member

Short sleeved shirt and a tie

The WORST office attire ever

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qP4ibNIZIDc[/video]

patriotpro
    Free Member

Topless men in public urban environments. Saw a youth earlier today sauntering through town with his shirt off, but black gloves on… Yes mate, everyone is in awe of your masterful physique and homemade tattoos. A diet of Rustlers and Frosty Jacks sure does help to hone a buff body.

😆

tazzymtb

I just work on the theory that I hate eveyone who is not an exact carbon copy of me..that way you never have to worry about the fact that others may choose to dress differently to you or do something that you personally don’t like and can be a dick about..it’s far easier than worrying about more important things in life. 😀

redsox
    Free Member

I used to think anyone who drinks anything referred to as a “craft beer” – until I tried one, now I am a bell end by my own standards 😳

Gary_M
    Free Member

Men of a certain age wearing glasses with transition lenses (usually rectangular lenses), large rucksacks and clumpy walking boots. You look like a pedo and you live with your mum.

konabunny
    Free Member

This is like one of the drivi threads when the only purpose is to point out how awful everyone except the poster is.

#likesurfmattiamawesome

scholarsgate
    Free Member

What’s a craft beer?

rewski
    Free Member

we’re all bell ends for reading and writing this tosh

RustySpanner

scholarsgate – Member

What’s a craft beer?

It’s just like real ale, but more expensive.

MrSmith
    Free Member

superdry or anything else with a stupid logo
    trainers, or thinking that trainers are somehow smart
    fat arse tight jeans
    short sleeve shirt tucked in
    long sleeve shirt tucked in but really baggy and not fitted
    the ‘top gear look’ of scuffed pointy brown shoes, badly fitted jeans worn through at the heel and a sports jacket 1 size too small.
    shiny suits.
    dark shirts with ties.
    football shirts
    hoodies on over 20’s unless worn as part of some activity/sports pursuit
    hats with NY or LA on when you have never been there or dont support the lakers/jets/raiders etc.

petergee
    Free Member

Young blokes with beards. Just because you can, doesn’t mean you should. Why are they considered rock’n’roll now? Can you imagine The Smiths with beards?! There should be a beard quota. And a minimum age. They should be reserved for blokes like me who can no longer grow hair on top of their heads and so decided to grow it somewhere else. Why do you want to look like a history teacher from 1973?!

As for collars done up but no tie, jeans displaying underpants (thank God!), 3/4 length trousers…well it appears that everything becomes fashionable at some point. I’m waiting for tracksuit bottoms and formal shoes to come into vogue. Now that’s a look!

patriotpro
    Free Member

Young blokes with beards. Just because you can, doesn’t mean you should.

Good point, two of my best friends have beards, (both in early 30s). I keep asking them who told them the ‘homeless bum’ look is in…

Sandwich

with socks and sandals.

This has a valid use in that I know who to avoid without asking.

coolhandluke
    Free Member

people who stand outside, in the rain, smoking

people who smoke

casual cyclists with team gear on

bigjim

complaining about people looking like bell ends on an internet forum, and then spending the weekend squeezing overweight 30-something bodies into cycling gear, including iridium Oakelys and helmet mounted go pro, and mincing around carpet smooth trail centres on 6″ fs bikes “with the lads”.

PMK2060

Leggings on fat lasses that are so stretched they are see through.

Men who wear clothes that are far too young for them. A bloke who works in our office who is in his late thirties came to work on dress down day in dungarees…WTF.

PiknMix
    Free Member

I am full of win, some of you would be deeply offended if you saw me as I have now cropped up in about 3 people’s bell endy list.

And I ride a Marin 😉

trickydisco
    Free Member

These

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_5uVdy5YmA[/video]

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 211 total)

The topic ‘Your top tips for looking like a bell-end?’ is closed to new replies.