Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 201 total)
  • Your STW name
  • chiefgrooveguru

Cos I is cool, innit.

Rio

Rio, who was trying to sit on the keyboard when I was thinking up a name.

Philby

Nickname from uni days to differentiate a number of Phil’s – and not anything to do with a British traitor.

PocketShepherd
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BY84Ke3UYi0[/video]

Umm, yeah…

sharki
    Free Member

I have a fascination and appreciation for sharks and i thought sharks ‘n’ fannys would be a mouthful.

bullheart
    Free Member

Er…

It’s a long story…

scott_mcavennie2
    Free Member

The make of a bike that I used to ride when I first started posting on bike forums, mixed with the surname of a legendary footballer.

Then had to put a 2 on the end when this place crashed.

donsimon
    Free Member

Coz we all know the best things come in bricks…

philconsequence
    Free Member

dont think i’ve started a thread about user-names…. once considered a “what do you do in real life” thread but someone beat me to it and i saw the STW “ohhh you havent been here long, try using the forum search, you’re an idiot, we dont like people who aren’t local, i’d fight and die for your right to do so!” type reaction… so decided not to 😀

my username:

phil – my name
    consequence – second half of band name, infinitely better than my real-life surname.

granny_ring

I tell a lie….
    Mine stems from childhood when my nan came to stay with us one weekend. I walked into the kitchen and she was bent over only wearing her nighty.
    I’ve been in shock ever since.

yossarian
    Free Member

There was only one catch and that was Catch-22, which specified that a concern for one’s own safety in the face of dangers that were real and immediate was the process of a rational mind. Orr was crazy and could be grounded. All he had to do was ask; and as soon as he did, he would no longer be crazy and would have to fly more missions. Orr would be crazy to fly more missions and sane if he didn’t, but if he was sane, he had to fly them. If he flew them, he was crazy and didn’t have to; but if he didn’t want to, he was sane and had to. Yossarian was moved very deeply by the absolute simplicity of this clause of Catch-22 and let out a respectful whistle.

“That’s some catch, that Catch-22,” he observed.

“It’s the best there is,” Doc Daneeka agreed.

smokey_jo

Bestowed upon me on my first ride with the Bogtrotters by SFB on account of a lighting a ciggie half way round

thesurfbus
    Free Member

About 10 years ago myself and a couple of mates bought a Peugeot 505 Estate (8 Seater) for going surfing, which affectionately became known as ‘the bus’ or ‘the surf bus’ which is where my username came from.
    We still have ‘surf bus’ nights out to this day, although I don’t surf much anymore.

nickf
    Free Member

Because my real name’s Nigel Ickf.

rOcKeTdOg

i was part of the team that sent the first canine into space

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Take a guess.

thepurist

I’m an East European refugee and my name is Thep Urist.

cycleworlduk
    Free Member

Cos it’s me bikeshop and i love a cheap plug!

Luminous
    Free Member

Errm….

🙂

spikester
    Free Member

Because my sons called Spike and to his friends I’m Spikesters dad.

MulletusMaximus
    Free Member

Beacause I have a Mullet of maximum proportions. 🙂

nuke

Was previously nukeproof…just a retro throwback to the old brand which I then shortened to nuke after they were ‘re-born’ by Hotlines.

TimP
    Free Member

I am a Northern imp

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

If I had bothered to lurk for a while, or if I had the chanct to change I’d go for something like…

Christian-Upheaval-Neuro-Thrombosis

lunge

It was the first word that came into my head when i registered. Nothing more exciting than that.

iDave
    Free Member

I have also been tribalchief and tastesabitlikechicken

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

I thought TandemJeremy was called that because he is bipolar?

cudubh

Gaelic for black dog, as in Winston Churhill. Feeling really cheery when I picked it.

dogbert
    Free Member

oneoneoneone
    Free Member

oneoneoneone because its the last 4 numbers in my regimental service number.

DezB
    Free Member

Because I don’t need to hide behind a pseudonym. ( 😉 to all those lovely people that do)

Raymond

At uni I got nicknamed Raymond after the basketball player in “White Men Can’t Jump”

King-ocelot
    Free Member

My login is an anagram of etafcels that’s why I picked it.

KINGTUT
    Free Member

I got bored of MikeT.

wwaswas

I used to be weekendworrier and now I’m ww-as-was.

hora
    Free Member

Its part of my surname/nickname

organic355
    Free Member

Anagram of surname, and had to add some numbers as it wasn’t available on its own.

makes me laugh that everyone thinks I am some sort of Gillian Mckeith obsessed fruit and nut eater!

*he says, reaching for a date*

missingfrontallobe
    Free Member

DezB – Member
    Because I don’t need to hide behind a pseudonym.

Not need, but choice, I’ve got a couple names on other forums, they’re often first name & surname initial but here the trend seems to be more towards the made up or fanciful. Before the forum crash I had a user name that was bike-firstname related, but a change in bike rendered that obsolete.

Shakey
    Free Member

Mine is a nickname from my rugby playing days. Its not at all original – my hands shake and therefore the guys called me Shakey!

wooobob

I got caught on the hop and had to think of something quickly as all the various permutations of my name had been taken. Think I was on yahoo chess. It still smarts that there is at least one other person using my name as his/her email address/username. Not fair.

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 201 total)

The topic ‘Your STW name’ is closed to new replies.