Your roadrat…

Home Forum Bike Forum Your roadrat…

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Your roadrat…
  • juan

Loving the spelling of ‘expresso’ 😉

Premier Icon beanum
    Subscriber

The mech hanger goes one side of the dropout(wheel side?) and the little disc goes the other side (I’m pretty sure this is right). I don’t have any pics I’m afraid..

MrsMugsy

I’m building my new roadrat and I’m a bit fazzled by the dropout. I’m running it with gears and road wheels.

I’m not sure what to do with the washer-looking little thingy which looks like it goes with the dropout, but on which side?

Can you show me photos of yours? (and i’ll show you photos of mine when it’s done! the poobike as it’s already been named in the house-it’s an expresso).

Cheers.

Premier Icon cy
    Subscriber

Sorry you’re having trouble. The small disc fits into the hole on the mechtug on the outside, and you thread the QR through it. Once the wheel is in, this helps the skewer ‘grip’ the tug and keep your wheel in place.

Premier Icon mugsys_m8
    Subscriber

cheers Cy, and there is nothing on the non driveside? Just the quick release through the slotted ‘dropout’/ trackend?

No. Non drive side just has the quick-release (the end with the actual release on it)

MrsMugsy

Thanks all (why did my husband feel the need to highjack my thread?) 🙂

juan

well both the couple is on here when can I come over to ride the thumper with you 😉

MrsMugsy

anytime mate! we’re going to have to block a weekend. Probably september as we seem to have a fully booked summer. For people with no mates, with seem to be rather busy.
    September see more chances of my downhill buddies being back from the Alps.

juan

well I was more thinking in the line of a petrol powered ride 😉
    Drop me a line
    fernandez [(at)] unice (|dot|)fr
    Cheerio

Premier Icon mugsys_m8
    Subscriber

mais je n’ai pas un moto ici en France, ou en moto qui marche!

juan

oh Crap well I guess I can always ride the motorbike up and then we could meet for coffee 😀

Premier Icon mugsys_m8
    Subscriber

expresso?

juan

Yes expresso as in french 😉

g-unit

MrsMugsy, I have a roadrat – standard black coffee stye – running singlespeed at the moment, but may wish to put gears on for touring. I was wondering how you fit the gear cables around the bottom bracket? Maybe I’m missing a part, like a plastic cable router for underneath. All I have are cable stops on the headtube and at the end of the chainstay.

Ta.

jackthedog

You’re missing the cable guide that goes under the BB shell. It has a snap fixing that locates in the small hole in the bottom of the BB shell.

Like this, but without the screw:

If you go to your LBS they’ll be able to sort you with the right one I’m sure. Otherwise if you give Cy a ring, I’m sure he’ll help.

16stonepig

g-unit, I decided to run gears for a while, and just snaffled a plastic bb-shell cable guide from an old frame.

Something like this

g-unit

Ah yes, that’s the ones. I remember them from bikes of the 80s, and Specialized bikes of slightly more recent. Never really liked the idea of bottom routed cables in UK conditions…

Ta for the info.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Your roadrat…’ is closed to new replies.