Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 58 total)
  • your riding weekend report, any pictures?
  • rOcKeTdOg

It were grand weather on Saturday

61/304 2/3/2013 OMG! dry trails by rOcKeTdOgUk, on Flickr

tacopowell
    Free Member

Coed y Brenin on Saturday, beautiful clear blue skies

Nant Yr Arian on Sunday, started cloudy, cleared for more beautiful blue skies!

Here’s me trying to have dump halfway down the Italian job!

soma_rich
    Free Member

That silhouette has turned out really well RD!

LordFelchamtheIII
    Free Member

My ride was so good, I didn’t have time to take pictures, sorry.

Mackem

Managed to snap the gear hanger on Friday.

So, went road riding on Saturday. (80km from Pamplona), no pics of bike though…

wwaswas

Does gravity work differently in Spain?

Dave
    Free Member
    Mackem

on dropbox the pics are ok, but here it’s gone a bit odd.

justinbieber

Got out early on Sunday morning – Martindale to Boredale Hause to Patterdale then along Ullswater Singletrack. Was flipping ace.

Alex

Took camera but no pics. Dull day weatherwise but superb day riding wise in the FoD. Out from Ross over Penyard to Pedal-a-bikeaway for bacon sarnie, over to the Yat and back via the pub. Sorry pubs. Hero dirt all day, superbly grippy and confidence inspiring, trails just perfect for riding fast and having my rocket equipped with 2.5 alps-ready tyres proved to be a superb choice. 60k, 1250m of climbing.

Proper day out. Mostly asleep at my desk this morning!

RD – LOVE that pic.

godzilla
    Free Member

Quick blast round Swaledale before work/on call, everything was pretty firm, then bacon & egg sandwich and a pot of earl grey at Dales.

BillOddie

Family commitments this weekend meant setting my alarm for 5am on Saturday so I could ride.

6:30amish Breakfast Clif Bar stop

The advantage of being out so ridiculously early meant that I had everything to myself.

Mounty_73

I had a cracking morning ride in the Wyre on Saturday, it has not been this dry for a very long time…loving it !!! 🙂

mangatank
    Free Member

Lovely images justinbieber!

Still in the process of shaking down the Ti 456 Evo (2013), and having a great time doing it. Fantastic technical climber. This image was Saturday…by Sunday the stem had been shortened to 60mm (major improvement to the handling). By the end of this week the forks will be 140mm…also waiting for a new hydration system to arrive too. Grit every mouthful at the moment 😡

Anyway, fantastic ride to the North of Peebles.

kayak23

Brilliant weekend of riding at the Cognation St Davids Day Weekender at Afan and Bryn Bettws Lodge.

The new bikepark there is great fun. Lots of jumps to hit big and small.

We did W2 on Saturday and then spent Sunday in the jump park.
    Awesome weekend, felt like summer(except for at night in my tent..)

It wasn’t that busy which was quite surprising considering the weather.

Bryn Bettws Lodge

Y Wal

Jump Park

Jump Park

darcydimple
    Free Member

The Garburn from Kentmere never gets easier! Serious trail sanitization on the Troutbeck side ruined the descent down though.

pnewbery1966
    Free Member

not a good weekend, Saturday was going great 2 miles in my crank arm sheared off.
    sunday just about to start a ride when one of our dogs got most his torn off by another dog, and spent most of the day at Vet or waiting on vet.

hopefully next weekend will be more fun.

ir_bandito
    Free Member

I’ve been off the bike since Christmas having damaged my back.
    I’ve done a few local 25 mile rides on tarmac over the last 2 weeks. I went a bit larger on saturday evening, riding home from the Lakes.

Image0177 by ir_bandito, on Flickr

Mike_T

I can report there was dust on the trails of the West Pennines, lets hope it lasts

Untitled by mikemike948, on Flickr

Northwind

Racing (badly) at Innerleithen…

Braaaaaapppp by Northwindlowlander, on Flickr

Ian Linton’s a genius- broken human being trundles over a jump and gets 1 inch off the ground, photo makes it look like there’s some sort of skill and speed involved :mrgreen:

stilltortoise
    Free Member

Fantastic ride around Gradbach and Three Shires Head

gusamc
    Free Member

did a short just NE of Thames by Pangbourne loop, mainly trying to stick to cart tracks/surfaced, then a brief bit of woods – which was either very nice and rideable or very horsed (so we did shortcut it a bit).

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Dave – realised after we’d ridden past that we passed you guys at the bottom of Blue Pig on Saturday after we’d just ridden Stannys too. Need to take a saw up for that tree on the top section!

So yep, Saturday was a bit of a ride/explore around Hebden, checking out the million and one descents below the climbing craggs, Stannys, Midgets Pit, Slack tracks etc followed by banana milkshake and cake at Coffee Cali.

Sunday morning was watching/photo’ing the City Cross in Halifax.

Great weather both days. Need to plan in a working from home day this week so I can get out on the bike!

ormondroyd
    Free Member

My longest ever ride. Including the ride out and ride in, 143 miles.

jam-bo

dusty in devon…

AdamW
    Free Member

Elton area in the Peaks.

Trails getting drier…. 😀

djglover
    Free Member

No Pictures but did a fairly good ride this weekend. Club training ride over the 1st stage of Tour de France.

Taking in Wharfdale, Wensleydale, Buttertubs pass, Swaledale

116 miles in just over 7 hours
    Knacked now

fathomer

Beautiful day in the peaks

2013-03-02 by SamDexter, on Flickr

BillOddie – I’m probably well off, but is that Bradgate Park?

itsallgood

Mid ride lunch stop in the NW Alps

Sandwich

2 short rides yesterday in the sun. A quick road ride with Mrs S (first time out in a year) to the foodhall for tea and the dinner steak purchase. Then back home and out with the dog for 6 miles of gnar (ironic smiley here) down by the Orwell.
    The commute in today was off-road for the first time in months as the riverside is now dry from it’s recent dunking.

BillOddie

fathomer – definitely not Bradgate Park as you’re not allowed to ride Bikes in Bradgate Park… 😉

stewartc
    Free Member

Bit of Tai lam Chung, not done it in a while and enjoyed as it does have lots of little climbs and drop offs, more an XC trail but still fun to bomb around. Bit chilly though, dropped to 15 at one stage….

And always a good oppurtunity to do the partaloo pic (old TLC tradition)!

rOcKeTdOg

Which hostelry is that Itsallgood?

Speshpaul

Sunny shropshire on saturday.

ComradeD
    Free Member

nice pic Speshpaul

Speshpaul

wilsation
    Free Member

in the Cheviots on way to border ridge.

MadPierre

DIY all day Saturday while the sun was shining 🙁 Good day Sunday even though it was cloudy. Trails are excellent at the minute. Got a few moving pictures:

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mzmnbY-8Mow[/video]

composite
    Free Member

Last weeks night ride. I imagine you recognise the location rOcKeTdOg.

A Sunday afternoon road ride with my dad, with a Yew tree cafe stop off.

doug_basqueMTB.com

Looks nice in the UK too. Had a really nice mellow day on the coast followed by a more full on day where I was driving the uplift bus so no pictures.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 58 total)

The topic ‘your riding weekend report, any pictures?’ is closed to new replies.