Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)
  • Your riding kit design flaws/gripes?
  • edhornby

+1 surroundedbyhills

I’m surprised that any bike clothing manufacturer uses velcro at all… it’s so sticky for synthetic fibres (which is it’s intended purpose I know) but that makes it burn lycra, lots of nice tops and expensive bibshorts get ruined by velcro flaps catching. I have a really good gilet that is waterproof and pretty breathable but has no zip, just a velcro flap and it is slowly destroying itself which is a pity

I avoid anything with velcro now

philb88
    Free Member

Baggies that rip along the arse seam as soon as you stand out the saddle and if gets a bit rougher terrain!

Lean back over the saddle a little and rip!

Need a dropper just to save the shorts

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Softshell – the temperature is never correct. Classic compromise that doesn’t work for riding IME.

chiefgrooveguru

Softshell – the temperature is never correct. Classic compromise that doesn’t work for riding IME.

It depends on the softshell doesn’t it? I’ve seen softshells vary in warmth from being no more than a texturised windproofs to pile and pertex sub-zero only Buffalo type things.

doom_mountain

Gloves that last a couple of months and then self destruct.
    I’ve been through many different brands, currently very impressed with Giro DnD, nice and thin and seem durable so far.

matt_outandabout

The over complexity of most outdoor kit.

Why do I need shorts / jacket / rucksack with so many pockets or vents or fancy bits?

For evidence of how to do it ‘right’ see Patagonia M10, Montane Terra or Sombrio shorts.

andeh

The short levers on the new style SLX brakes. Why?!

Shirts that ride up my back under my bag.

Flimsy roclock adjuster on the back of Giro helmets.

Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)

The topic ‘Your riding kit design flaws/gripes?’ is closed to new replies.