Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Your moments of tranquillity
  • Flattyres
    Free Member

Everyone’s gone home from the party. My wife’s sat inside feeding our 1 week old daughter, while watching American X-Factor.

After putting my 2 1/2 year old to bed I’m sat in the garden on my own with a big glass of wine ‘supervising’ the last of the bonfire as it burns to embers. Not sure when I’ll decide to go back in…….

crikey
    Free Member

1. When the wine runs out.
    2. When your bum gets cold.
    3. When you get a bit chilly.
    4. When you need a wee, unless you can wee in the grid.

stratobiker
    Free Member

Sounds perfect. No rush. Soak in it a while. 🙂

Wookster

Sounds lush mate!

fenred
    Free Member

Enjoy the silence 😉

child free wkend here, kids with the ex and just enjoying a solitary red thai curry and a glass of shiraz with a ride looming tomoz…oh yessss…

Kevevs
    Free Member

tranquility?.. it’s called “cycling”. or just being in the middle of nowhere and being there and feeling a sense of humility at the wonder of the world. or burn it down.

Flattyres
    Free Member

1. Still got 1/2 a bottle left
    2/3. I’ll just move closer to the fire
    4. Big garden that has a blind spot behind my shed 😉

5. When my phone goes ‘beep’ low battery, pop inside for the charger and run the extension cable out to my garden chair 🙂

crikey
    Free Member

🙂

Enjoy.

fenred
    Free Member

Good strategy OP…I’d run with that! 😉

mogrim

You not got any emergency firewood knocking about for moments like these, then?

Flattyres
    Free Member

fenred – wine, curry, ride sounds great
    (Interlude – big sigh for relief and inner relaxing as the distant house alarm gets cancelled)
    I’m sitting staring into my (phone??) the embers imagining rides. Been ride free for 3 weeks due to the pregnancy but because I’m so lovely I’ve been given the green light for the Coed-y-Brenin gravity enduro 🙂

Edukator
    Free Member

OP, you forgot the first step towards tranquillity: turning off your mobile device.

Flattyres
    Free Member

No, the mobile device is nice. It’s like having like minded friends around the fire who won’t drink my wine/beer.

zippykona

Epsom downs for sunset and a Pink Floyd soundtrack.

Flattyres
    Free Member

zippykona – I’ll drink to that 🙂

Flattyres
    Free Member

zippykona – I’ll drink to that 🙂

tazzymtb

when the screaming has stopped and it’s all over except for the shallow roadside grave….

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Your moments of tranquillity’ is closed to new replies.