• This topic has 46 replies, 36 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by irc.
Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)
  • "Your light is very distracting. That's illegal"
  • D0NK

Yep, my Hope V4 is bright enough on the back unlit roads to make most 4×4 drivers slow down to a crawl if needed.

On long straight roads riding two abreast (Yes this shirt is flame retardant) both with bar and helmet lights and then moving closer and further apart, tends to confuse the hell out of oncoming drivers who will slow right down to find out WTF is coming up the road 🙂

I shall remain upon my lofty stallion.

probably the best bet.

ti_pin_man
    Free Member

@ssh0les in cars
    @ssh0les on bikes
    @ssh0les on the pavement

option one: next time just **** him and dont hold back just cos hes a cyclist, if a car driver had said that to you, the forum would be a seething mass of ninjas looking to track him down and scalp him. hes just a human who happens to be on a bike.

option two: say awww thanks brother then give him a big hug and kiss, it’ll scare the hell out of him.

jameso

Yep, my Hope V4 is bright enough on the back unlit roads to make most 4×4 drivers slow down to a crawl if needed.

No more directed at you than anyone else with off-road lights used on road, but a similarly bright/angled light would be an MOT fail on a car due to the risk to other road users. 1000 lumens at that angle is dangerous. Even some rear lights are a bit ott in some settings too, but dangerous? No.

So I return the favour and stick my lights on high beam the same as if they were an inconsiderate motorist.

Fair enough. It’s a bit worrying when I get full-beamed when using just a 300 lumen torch light but if you lean the bike up with the light on, crouch 30yds in front at driver height, it’s quite dazzling. As GrahamS said about reflectives recently, it’s a useful thing to do.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

option two: say awww thanks brother then give him a big hug and kiss,

Genius!

owenfackrell
    Free Member

Fair enough. It’s a bit worrying when I get full-beamed when using just a 300 lumen torch light but if you lean the bike up with the light on, crouch 30yds in front at driver height, it’s quite dazzling. As GrahamS said about reflectives recently, it’s a useful thing to do.

This is why the light on my bike is angled down and has the top half tapped over to block it. The one on my helmet is angled so that in my normal head position it points down in front of me but just by lifting my head I can see right down the road. Most of my commute is on unlit roads and half of that through the new forest so I would really like to see the animals before I come across them.

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

“All those red lights mean “stop”, by the way.”

that was certainly a polite berating

are you always this well mannered when dispensing justice?

irc

Maybe the OP’ rear light was distracting. From the Road CC review …

All that power brings responsibility and you don’t want to be angling this light up and into the face of traffic behind you. For the purpose of testing I stuck the Moon on my wife’s bike so that I could see how effective it was. Sitting a couple of car lengths behind it was very, very bright, but I found that my front light provided enough of a counter that it wasn’t hazardous or blinding. That said, she did have it angled slightly downwards. Tilting it upwards, or even straight, would be a different matter. I wouldn’t recommend this one for dangling on a seat pack – you can’t be sure it will sit at a good angle

Perhaps not suitable for helmet mounting in busy traffic?

http://road.cc/content/review/49061-moon-shield-rechargeable-tail-ligh

Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)

The topic ‘"Your light is very distracting. That's illegal"’ is closed to new replies.