Viewing 39 posts - 1 through 39 (of 39 total)
  • Your favourite MTB movies.
  • patriotpro
    Free Member

Come on then let’s have em…

[video]http://youtu.be/m2Nftj4Pd00[/video]

^^ 😳 ^^

dvatcmark
    Free Member

Dirt

coogan
    Free Member

None. They’re pretty dull.

takisawa2

Ride the Divide.

amplebrew

I really enjoy Ride the Divide, Life Cycles and Inside Out.

I did buy Reveal The Path, but it didn’t really hit the spot for me.

perthmtb
    Free Member

Has to be Life Cycles – can watch that one over and over! Even my non cycling friends and family like it, which has to be the ultimate test of an MTB movie 😀

Northwind

Vast. Because it’s joyful, it feels like riding a bike, and it’s not up itself. And the soundtrack’s perfect, take me home, red travellinnnnnn socks. Even the obligatory crap dirt jump bit is watchable. Oh and it’s cheap on Itunes.

And Seasons of course- OK, so it’s a bit serious and polished, all pros doing the day job but you know what, when it’s this good I don’t mind- the final scene sets the benchmark for this sort of thing.

(we saw Follow Me in a double bill with Seasons… And I went away thinking Follow Me was dismal. Turns out it’s actually pretty good, it’s just that it was playing the exact same tune as Seasons, and not as well, it was completely outshone)

Ones that missed for me- Find. How did that happen? Roam was so good, Find is almost without redeeming features. How do you take Steve Peat, Danny Macaskill, Hans Rey and a helicopter and make something completely boring? Uncanny.

Lifecycles- there’s about 15 minutes of really nice riding in there but it’s drowned under the artschool project pish and it’s all in slow motion.

Inside Out- all polish, no charm. Train gaps are like drum solos, you can’t do 2 in a set. It just never got going.

loddrik
    Free Member

This

Couldn’t think of anything worse than sitting down and watching people riding bikes. Much better to be out there doing it. Only time I’ll watch anything bike related is a quick YouTube helmet cam of a section of trail I plan to ride and haven’t before.

_tom_
    Free Member

Anything by Anthill.
    The recent Chromag one was good, think it was called Shifted?
    NWD10.

Been watching the making of Arrival and it’s looking pretty good.

bikeneil
    Free Member

For me it’s got to be Pulp Traction.

rsl1
    Free Member

+1 for vast. just makes me want to get out on the bike! The soundtrack is our go to choice for on the way to a ride

JCL
    Free Member

Rad.

kayak23

Can I have bmx bandits? In retrospect, it was utter tripe, but as a bike crazed kid wanting the whole world to share how rad bmx was, it was great 😀

Lifecycles? The most pretentious pile of carp I’ve ever seen. The effects are amazing obviously, but spoiled by so much self indulgent and cringeworthy narration, and that slo-mo…….they could have made it a quarter the length! Boring ..but boring pretty pictures. 😕

Edit- How could I forget Inspired?!
    The film that exploded Danny Mac into my awareness. Not so keen on later ones, too produced but this one had a rawness to it and I’d not seen riding like that before. The soundtrack too is perfect and it’s just a fantastic short.

[video]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Z19zFlPah-o&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DZ19zFlPah-o[/video]

patriotpro
    Free Member

coogan – Member

No heard of that one, sounds brill.

Not heard of vast will look out for that.

Keep em coming…

Bagstard
    Free Member

I’ve always liked Roam, Seasons has some great bits and Super8 for DH racing.

timbo678
    Free Member

Dirt & anything with D Macaskill

torsoinalake
    Free Member

I like the Earthed series. No slow motion flips or droning bro philosophy, just people pinning it and having fun.

Edit: Exhibit A. A for Awesome
    [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H2s-oQ9aeWM[/video]

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Dirt – Makes me want to ride my bike and have fun.

_tom_
    Free Member

I thought Vast was really boring.

bartimaeus
    Free Member

I’ve just seen “3 Minute Gaps” for the first time – and I was really impressed. Good riding, some proper contributions from the riders, and enough of ‘a story’ to link it together. I now know why people are so impressed with Brendog.

Also anything at all by Chris Askrigg… loved ’Five’ and ’A Hill in Spain’

… but the best vid for me is Vicious Path II – not sure why: maybe because it looks so much fun without looking impossibly superhuman

ChrisI

Tricks and Stunts and Chainspotting 😀

patriotpro
    Free Member

Dirt – Makes me want to ride my bike and have fun.

All the best ones make want to do just that 😉

I’ll second Akrigg’s stuff, the mans a beast of skill and although I know I’ll never reach his upper echelon of skill, he’s good one to aspire to.

spidersexual
    Free Member

Wishing I never gave chainspotting away!
    🙁

andrewni
    Free Member

Break the cycle is our household favourite, probably cos it features local trails rather than some uber exotic location full of dust

muddy247
    Free Member

Dirt is the obvious choice for me as I was 16 when it was released and has inspired me ever since!
    From the Inside Out wasn’t bad, Four by Three is good for home grown talent!
    The Collective is a tad pretentious but great riding
    Way back Home is a brilliant Mtb film-
    Myself and the kids really like Danny MacAskill’s latest- Imaginate- reminds me of my youth!!!!

Sancho
    Free Member

liked the Earthed series, NWD, Cranked and just seen not bad which was pretty awesome, but Reel Kool is my favourite

thered

I haven’t seen any of these so will check em out cheers

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

😆 Fat
    😆 Tyre
    😆 Fury

darrell
    Free Member

2 seconds

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Vast

And Dirt

JRTG
    Free Member

Can’t believe no one has said it yet! Mud Cows and Mud Cows 2! It’s a puch, puching dangerous, puching ugly, puching useless price of puching sh**t!

kennyp
    Free Member

Roam was the first one I saw, and is still the best.

Oh, and to all the “I don’t watch, I’d rather be riding” folk, it isn’t an either or situation. It’s perfectly possible to have a good day’s riding and then sit down with a few beers to watch a video.

dutchman
    Free Member

Dirty Tricks and cunning stunts

bspoked
    Free Member

Dudes of Hazzard. I could watch Joe Barnes ride all day.

rickt
    Free Member

For me its Dirt and Chainspotting.

spidersexual – Member

Wishing I never gave chainspotting away!

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L_A2exFmvn0[/video]

Its the Space Monkeys tune which is still great today…

Ever get the feeling that you’re being advertised?
    Ain’t nobody’s business how you wanna blow your mind

When the rush comes slow and you can’t let go
    And it’s summertime on the radio
    And your dreams just wanna rip right through the sky!!

ChrisI

Just ordered Tricks and Stunts and Chainspotting from Amazon, 15 quid for them both 😀

Sad news about Martyn Ashton – the man is a legend – http://singletrackworld.com/2013/09/martyn-ashton-injured-official-news/

🙁

spidersexual
    Free Member

Thanks rickt for posting that. Bring back the retro days 😀

kudos100
    Free Member

I like the stuff by Callum Swift. MADE is probably my all-time favorite movie. The uprising is also really good.

Lots of UK stuff + pissing about in the woods. IMO the best kind of riding 🙂

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-7u0MrLOj0M[/video]

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=96IPovbWjiw[/video]

patriotpro
    Free Member

Peat and Bryceland drinking Stella in the woods 8)

You can tell from that Josh really looks up to Steve in that video. Must have been a big inspiration to him, especially back then. Nice vid.

Viewing 39 posts - 1 through 39 (of 39 total)

The topic ‘Your favourite MTB movies.’ is closed to new replies.