Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • Your favourire post-ride munchies
  • binners

Just been out for the first time in weeks (due to a knackered knee) and very nice it was too! Its lovely out, today

I got back in, bloody starving. I could eat a scabby dog, but opted not too

So I’ve gone for a crisp butty – Warburtons toastie, loads of butter, crap cheese singles and Seabrook salt and vinegar – and a big pork pie with pickled onions and HP sauce. Its was bloody lush 😀

Another post night ride favourite is piles of cheese on toast with Worcester sauce. Mmmmmmmmmm

You’re favourites?

And obviously anyone mentioning cous cous, salads or anything of that nature will be politely asked to leave, then given a proper shoeing out by the bins

GO!…

perchypanther
    Free Member

Your favourire post-ride munchies

….come in a 16 inch box. 😉

wwaswas

Fruit cake.

or Malt Loaf at a pinch.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Pork pie. (MELTON MOWBRAY ONLY!)
    Toast and golden syrup.
    Toast and Marmite.
    Beer.

ton

at home. beans on toast
    in pub, beer and pork products

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

Palm oil free peanut butter, reduced salt yeast extract, jam/conserve/marmalade/curd/honey (dependant on what sweet spread we have it) sandwich or two.

Mug of instant hot chocolate or malt drink.

750ml drinks bottle of non-caffeinated electrolyte.

Hmmm, Jamaican-me-hungry! 😆

flange
    Free Member

Depends how badly I’ve bonked on the ride home. I’ve had times where I’ve wondered what the nutritional content of my bar tape is…

hodgynd
    Free Member

On a day ride ..whatever second sarnie I haven’t eaten while out riding ..a pint in whatever pub we go to with a packet of dry roasted peanuts ..
    If I’m a fair way from home and there is nowt waiting for me ..fish & chips & a carton of curry sauce plenty salt & vinegar & a can of diet coke ( just to balance out the calories ) ..

jekkyl

it’s got to be something salty.
    Salt n Vinegar nuts, S&V pringles or McCoys. Balti Mix. and a treat would be pork scratchings. These combined with 3/4 440ml cans of Stella make the ideal end to a night ride. A good movie or some comedy and the rest of the family in bed makes it even awesomer.
    Unfortunately (fortunately for my waistline) these occasions are few and far between these days and while baby is teething my usual rides are in daylight. Give it 6 months though.

elwoodblues
    Free Member

Since all my body screams for post ride is salt and fat, and i live just cross the street from McD’s… One quarter pounder and a Faxe Kondi soda.

jobro
    Free Member

Pasty, always a pasty. From Devon, none of that Cornish rubbish.

frankconway

Binners – team sky have vacancies for chefs & nutritionists; get your cv in now!

P-Jay
    Free Member

Scotch Eggs, I usually have to get them from the Morrison’s Petrol station on the way home from Cwmcarn. They’re fairly shit ones, but I’ve never had a ‘posh’ scotch egg. 40 years on this planet and I’ve never had a decent scotch egg, I don’t even know if they exist…

CalamityJames
    Free Member

biscuits.

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Smashed avocado on sourdough, oatley and hempseed smoothie. Or a massive f*$* off Ginsters

Klunk
    Free Member

cake, and cake and more cake finished off with ….. some cake.

hodgynd
    Free Member

P-Jay..they exist ..cant tell you which programme it was on ( recently ) but one of those tv chefs did a Scotch Egg ( hot ) with the yoke still runny ..looked effing delicious

simmy
    Free Member

Fishcakes on a Barm and a Jumbo Sausage on Brown Bread

P-Jay
    Free Member

P-Jay..they exist ..cant tell you which programme it was on ( recently ) but one of those tv chefs did a Scotch Egg ( hot ) with the yoke still runny ..looked effing delicious

I’ve so much to learn.

leffeboy

everything in the fridge,all of it. starting from the front
    unless there is cold pizza that i know about in advance of course

Mister-P
    Free Member

A drink probably doesn’t count as munchies, but after a decent ride I crave a glass of milk.

lazlowoodbine
    Free Member

I’ve so much to learn.

Such as the existence of a scotch egg with black pudding mixed in with the meat, rich doesn’t come close..

soundninjauk

Pint of something golden or amber and salt and vinegar crisps if I’m out. Anything involving carbs that I can see in my kitchen if I’m home.

stevie750

Bacon and egg on a crispy roll.

chakaping
    Free Member

Most common post-ride din-dins is bronze die linguine with fried onion, baby plum tomatoes, anchovies, chili, fresh herbs, olive oil & parmesan.

Mainly ‘cos I can whip it up quick, we always have the ingredients and it satisfies the key starch, fat & salt cravings while still leaving me feeling kind-of virtuous.

A drink probably doesn’t count as munchies, but after a decent ride I crave a glass of milk.

Choc milk for me, Mars milk being my current favourite.

kirky72
    Free Member

After a long ride, today’s example.

Being the pro athlete that I am (sketchy definition);

My protein, pro recovery xs, shake, blended with a banana and blueberries.

Followed by half a oat bar left over from the pre ride feast.

After a shower and stretching, large bowl of porridge topped with a bit of chocolate brownie protein powder. Cocoa pops.

A couple of chicken thighs.

An apple.

Just about got me by the couple of hours until the evening meal.

hodgynd
    Free Member

Alright John…

senorj

Today’s.
    Fish finger sandwich.brown sauce
    Chocolate biscuits served with tea .
    🙂

LeeW

Porridge with fig royal jam, or scrambled eggs on toast.

binners

Jekyll – I know what you mean. Post night-ride is ‘me’ time. I can happily do a bottle of red in after a night-ride while sitting up and watching stuff mrs Binners won’t watch – presently the Vietnam war documentary on BBC4

Should we extend this to post ride viewing?

jamesoz

A really nice salad is my fave accompanied by four pints of Summer Lightening, Pitta bread, chillie sauce and chunks of lamb.

Basically beer and a kebab.

fifeandy
    Free Member

Not usually any obscure cravings after a normal ride, but pizza is quite a common craving after a long ride.

colournoise

The only proper craving I get after a tough ride is the urge to drink as much apple juice as I can pour down my neck without choking.

redstripe
    Free Member

Cheese and piccalilli sarnies

Akers

Burger and a pint in the pub.

garage-dweller

My winter favourite speedy chorizo, bean & pulse soup for after a night ride.

5 minutes to prep
    15 minutes to simmer (while in shower)

1x beef stock cube + some water in a saucepan
    Add
    1x tin mixed beans and pulses (drained first) – if the pulses look too drowned then tip some stock away now
    Chopped chorizo (diced to chickpea size is best)
    Table spoon tomato puree roughly
    Half teaspoon chilli flakes
    Oregano and/or basil

Simmer on nice low heat for 15 minutes while showering/getting g warmed up.

Consume while watching late night TV.

Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)

The topic ‘Your favourire post-ride munchies’ is closed to new replies.