Viewing 13 posts - 41 through 53 (of 53 total)
  • Your favorite band, album and song.
  • Northwind

Band- can’t call it. Biffy Clyro or the Wildhearts. Loved the Wildhearts for longer but Biffy are the ink in my skin so that’s probably a vote for them.

Album: Neon Handshake, by Hell Is For Heroes

Song: Disconnector, off that album by Hell Is For Heroes.

Northwind

Oops, explanation. Hell is for Heroes had some sort of label nightmare where they couldn’t get the first album released for ages- so they just kept touring and honing and touring and perfecting, then they got the guys who produced Shape of Punk to Come to make it sound incredible. And WIll the guitarist had literally sat in his flat since Symposium split, doing nothing but making keelar reeefs. It’s pretty much perfect, and the only album that I’ve ever seen a band do the “whole album in order” bullshit where it actually made a perfect show. Then they kind of died on their arse because they just couldn’t follow it- they managed an occasional great song that other bands would kill for after it but whatever mystic alignment it was that made the first album, never happened again.

And disconnector is the best song off the best album, it’s like a wee mini version of the whole thing- perfect structure, perfect production, all the elements just coming together flawlessly, when it drops back onto the main rhythm after the middle 8 it’s just… ah, everything that music is about for me.

hodgynd
    Free Member

Aaaaaaaarrgggghhh…!!!!!!!

Favourite song ..Mayonnaise. Smashing Pumpkins

That’s right now …

Next …

metalheart
    Free Member

This is kind of impossible. A band… I’m more of an ‘artists’ person… if pushed I’d probably blurt out Godspeed You! Black Emporer at the moment (Luciferian Towers is playing at present…)

album, oh that’s easy: Arvo Part’s Kanon Pokajanen by the Estonian Philharmonic Chamber Choir. It’s my most played cd by a country mile. I’ve literally listened to it hundreds and hundreds of times over the last decade.  Never thought I would come to love the Church Slavonic!

song, did I say this was impossible? Everything is Free, the Gillian Welch song as covered by Courtney Barnett, at the moment….

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

Pretty hard to say favourite all time band/artist, it would certainly be from 80s or early 90s. There’s been the odd tune or two by more modern artists, but they’ve never been enough for me to buy more than a single album, often their greatest hits.In terms of what I play the most in recent years, Fleetwood Mac

Rumours… So many decent songs IMO, none I would call “album fillers.”

Gypsy, which is on their Mirage album. Quite possibly Stevie at her best on vocals and that guitar solo by Lindsey towards the end.

10+ years ago, all the above would be different. I’d certainly heard of some of their tunes like The Chain, but randomly hearing a tune on the radio (in 2008?) made me look up some of their tracks and buy that 1977 album from when I had not long turned three.

nickc

Some great choices!

Loads of this stuff you just forget, and I love this sorts of threads for reminding you of great music that’s slipped you by

carlosg
    Free Member

Band – Slayer . Just blown away the first time I heard their music.

Album – Reign in Blood/Slayer. Pure aggression from start to finish and my go to album if I’m stressed or a bit down.

Song – Deja Vu by Iron Maiden  , its always made the hairs on my arms stand up for some reason and will be the tune I get burnt to.

hodgynd
    Free Member

Errr…this has been a favourite in my dark and dingy past…just sounds like they are having an absolute blast ..

rone

Easy. Pulp, different class, common people.

Living 17 miles from Sheffield no band claim close to encapsulating my transition from teen to adult.

Fiendishly wrapped up in the dirty underworld that is Cocker’s Sheffield.

The anthem Common People with its awesome structure and poetry was an amazing final bow out at their final concert at the arena.

Common People’s intent was a bit misunderstood but that made it all the more powerful as it was politicised by the listener into a bona fide anthem.

I don’t listen so much these days to Pulp but they hold the benchmark for me.

plumber
    Free Member

The Rembrandts

LP

Chasing shadows – Kansas

loughor
    Free Member

Band : Thin Lizzy

Album : Johnny the Fox

Song : Cowboy Song offa Jailbreak

funkmasterp

It will be different tomorrow but as of 20:25 this fine Tuesday evening.

Band – Clutch

Album – In The Right Place by Dr John & the Meters

Song – Drunk Drivers / Killer Whales by Car Seat Headrest

Gachet
    Free Member

Band: Sonic Youth

Album: Siamese Dream – Smashing Pumpkins

Song, impossible to pick, but these are all at the top of my moss played.

Simon – Lifehouse, Bed of Lies – Matchbox 20, Away from the Sun – Three Doors Down, I forgot where we were – Ben Howard.

Viewing 13 posts - 41 through 53 (of 53 total)

The topic ‘Your favorite band, album and song.’ is closed to new replies.