Viewing 19 posts - 201 through 219 (of 219 total)
  • Your cycling confessions
  • Merak

I was jaked for most of the last festive 500. Both myself and my riding chum packed a hipflask on each day invariably ending at a free house for beer.

soundninjauk

I have socks that I only wear on the MTB and socks I only wear on the road bike…

In my head this is fine .

That isn’t normal?

ajantom

Cycling clothes take up 2/3 of my wardrobe space.

I have a drawer specifically for cycling gloves, and it’s full.

The other day I was bemoaning to my long suffering wife that I’ve got far too many tyres. I’ve just ordered some more.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    jamesoz

I have too to many bikes the same, with too much travel. Every MTB ends up heavy due to stuff breaking and bein ‘upgraded’. I have a spare full suss, which if I’m honest is too small but I like it so can’t sell it..

I haven’t sold a bike in 25 years

I was a fair way into a road ride the other day, when I noticed I had odd shoes on.

In my garage I have enough parts to pretty much rebuild my car, including spare diffs, cylinder heads, bottom ends etc.
    The bike stuff dwarfs that.

Northwind

I have sold bikes after spending less time riding them than I did building them
    In the same vein, I’ve upgraded parts that I’d bought, fitted, then never used and removed again to upgrade.

rs
    Free Member

My bikes coming up 4 this year and the suspension has never been serviced :embarrassed emoji:

Still working decent though.

missions
    Free Member

I enjoy wrenching on my bikes almost more than what I do riding them and my OCD isn’t helping. Since the start of Covid I have rebuilt all my bikes which include servicing of forks/shocks, replaced/greased all frame bearings, fully serviced/bled all the brakes, new gear cables and housing and trued all the wheels to within a micron of their lives. Hopefully we can get back to normal soon……….

jabbi
    Free Member

I spend far too much time and money farting around with retro MTBs.
    It’s always been far easier for me to find the motivation to fix a bike than to actually ride it!

zerolight
    Free Member

I’ve cut the rear brake hose too short on my current frame build twice now! It’s one with left side internal rear cable routing which is a pain to get clean. It looked perfect until I realised my shimano caliper mount wasn’t cutting it with the Hope E4 and the proper Hope one I just installed shifts the caliper up and back taking a couple of inches of hose with it. Gah! I’d already bled it too. First time round I tried to reuse olives and the jammed up between cable an ferrule, when I pulled the ferrule back to look, olive went with it and wouldn’t slide back up. Had to cut them off.

MoreCashThanDash

In 16 years of riding bikes with suspension, I’ve had two such bikes, had 4 different builds, and never once had the forks serviced.

Which is possibly why they never feel right…..

K

I have more cycling shoes than my wife has shoes in total!

RicB

Yesterday I found two quite expensive cycling jerseys that I’ve never worn

I haven’t ridden my mtb since Jan and the thing I’m missing most is countryside trails with some scenery, yet before lockdown I always tried to find the techiest trails I could.

scruffywelder
    Free Member

Tore a tyre on a road ride today and made it 16 miles home using an empty gel sachet as a tyre gaiter 😳😳

nofx
    Free Member

I bought my first pair of MTB trousers a few months ago & I’m amazed at how they don’t give me hungry bum 😁

continuity
    Free Member

I really want to find an old size XS orange five; and build it up as a 1×11 26in childrens mountain bike. Carbon here, tubeless there. Must be a bucket of cheap 26 stuff knocking around.

I don’t have any children, and every time my girlfriend asks about them I run away to play with my bikes again.

tonyg2003

For lockdown I cleaned up the garage and found that I had 8 saddles spare. I also forgot that I had a pair of wheels repaired at the LBS under warranty and almost a year later they reminded me to pick them up.

vicksplace

My bikes are more capable than me. Despite having an aeris and having big alps plans I suck at jumping and manuals / drops.. better off on an xc bike.

I sometimes worry I like buying and planning new bikes more than riding them.

In winter I dump my muddy hardtail straight in the garage.

reeksy

Last week I added a new segment on Strava on a freshly built track … that I hadn’t worked on. One of the people that did build it has since added a duplicate.

And i think it’s quite funny.

zezaskar
    Free Member

I’ve done WC level DH tracks and 8m gaps but I can’t wheelie…

Viewing 19 posts - 201 through 219 (of 219 total)

The topic ‘Your cycling confessions’ is closed to new replies.