Viewing 40 posts - 161 through 200 (of 219 total)
  • Your cycling confessions
  • didnthurt

I enthusiastically say hello to proper roadies knowing I won’t get a reply as I’m riding in baggy shorts.

easily
    Free Member

I like this thread.

metalheart
    Free Member

I do not own, or ever have, a single Cotic bike.

And I pay someone to go out bikepacking and take photos of tarp set ups, etc., in glamorous remote locations and load them up to my IG account.

I am strictly carbon road bike and and credit card touring.

weeksy

Similar to an earlier post, I have more cycling shoes than non cycling shoes.

I only have 1 pair of non-cycling shoes. Well, boots, brogue style for when we go somewhere nice. Everything else is Five Tens…. My day to day Five Tens are next years riding ones and replaced at Xmas each year 🙂

eddiebaby
    Free Member

I have at some point worn every pair of shoes I own on a bike. Including flip flops and work boots.
    And I haven’t ridden a bike since Friday.

anono

I miss those little windows on gear shifters that tell you what gear you’re in.

fazzini

I ride my road bike wearing baggy shorts, MTB helmet and non-roadie upper attire…and purposefully say hi to every roadie I pass.

Oh, and my 3×9 drive train is just awesome on my commuter

richmtb

Ha, me too

lunge

Related to some previous posts, I only own 3 pairs of cycling shoes and the newest pair is over 6 years old.
    I do however own 16 pairs of running shoes.

I used to scream “rule 9” at people and gloat about how I’d always ride in bad weather. I now basically don’t touch my bikes from October to March unless it’s for commuting and even that is kept to a minimum.

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

I think a mtb looks naked and sad without mudguards.Kind of like a body without clothing .Those who ride,particularly in winter without guards are beyond my comprehension.Why ruin yourself and the bike?What the hell are you thinking?

benp1

Despite practising every now and then, I still can’t do a wheelie. But I really want to be able to do one

If you removed my commuting mileage from my general cycling mileage, I doubt I’d do more than a couple of hundred miles a year

Bike maintenance is not high on my list of priorities. My MTB is still running the original 1×10 set up from 2014 and my commuter is unloved. It has NEVER been cleaned properly, it’s probably done over twelve thousand miles now. I just replace bits when they break or wear through

Have they stopped doing these? I like them on my MTB!

koldun
    Free Member

I tried a steel frame and hated it.

chakaping
    Free Member

I can send you a jiffy bag full of them if you like.

didnthurt

The last bike I bought was a lightweight carbon full suspension 29er (Cannondale Scalpel SE) with the intention of doing some epic multi day rides bike packing, the furthest it has been is Glentress. It rides well but not to the point where daydream at work thinking about it and the trails I’m going to ride like I have in the past. Should have bought a Cotic Solaris and saved myself a grand. 😥

didnthurt

Just checked out the Cotic website and the purple Solaris looks beautiful, thankfully they don’t have my size.

fazzini

Best bike I’ve ever owned was a Puch Pacemaker 5 speed.

Long. Low. Slack.

Thanks for describing my gut.

reeksy

I’m akchlly ridin me boyk rite now

muddyground
    Free Member

I ride solo not because I am faster than other riders or go long distances. I am overweight, hardly go out and when I do it is only to the cafe. I ride solo because I have an objectionable personality.

Mattbike

I rode full speed into a dog poo bin while riding back from the pub a few years back. Had forgotten my lights and that the bin was there. Front wheel hit the bin and I went flying over the bars landing a few meters down the track. Dusted myself off, checked no one saw me and got back on the bike.

cb200
    Free Member

Just remembered one:

When I joined this forum, I was 65% sure that regular Bez was the actual Happy Mondays’ Bez.

MoreCashThanDash

What percentage is it now?

cb200
    Free Member

Ha, about 4

matt_outandabout

My skills as a mechanic lag behind my ability to say “I can do that”.

cb200
    Free Member

Whilst (road) cycling yesterday, I had my GPS watch on a different screen/layout. I had been smugly congratulating myself for maintaining a very consistent 20.30 mph average speed for a large portion of the ride. Then I realised it was just telling me that sunset was at 20:30 that day.

tlr

I’ve never ridden a bike with a dropper. My last three mountain bikes haven’t even had a quick release seat post clamp.

lunge

It’s lockdown, everyone seems to be riding their bikes loads…none of mine, bar my cargo bike for the weekly trip to the shops, have been used in 4 weeks.

erictwinge
    Free Member

I think a mtb looks naked and sad without mudguards.Kind of like a body without clothing

thanks for explaining what Naked means.. 😀

tobymc

I cant wheelie and would love to be able to do so.
    I go out at 6AM and practise my Ryan Leech manoeuvres…. primarily to avoid any pointing and laughing.
    I am 50 next year!

Kryton57

I can’t do a wheelie properly. 🙁

nickdavies

Im going to dust off the mtb today for the first time since last august. If i can find the keys for the locks.

Prior to that it was for HONC last year… and that were the only 2 rides it saw in 2019.

Sandwich

I don’t have a functioning MTB.

slowoldman

Whilst (road) cycling yesterday, I had my GPS watch on a different screen/layout.

Yes, the other day I was wondering why my heart rate was rising so slowly on a climb. It took me a while to realise I was looking at the distance – that 108 was actually 1.08.

ajantom

I miss those little windows on gear shifters that tell you what gear you’re in

My main bike has a thumbshifter and 6 gears. Very easy to see what gear you’re in 😎

woodster

I can’t bring myself to spend £25 on missing bolts etc. for one of my droppers because I have another one on another bike so I can just swap the hardware over. Of course I can never be bothered so I have an ornament of a nice bike for the sake of a few quid.

sundaywobbler

I keep looking at new FS mtb even though I live in Suffolk which is flat and not rocky and I haven’t been to a trail centre for years!

johnx2
    Free Member

y day to day Five Tens are next years riding ones

Other way round.

I have based rides on the wind strength and angle being just right for certain strava segments. Quite a few rides. Shoot me.

ajantom

I occasionally create a Strava segment that I know only I will have ridden, so I can bask in the glory of the KOM.
    I do draw the line at duplicates though, that annoys me.

ayjaydoubleyou

I claim not to be influenced by marketing guff, but then mentally judge bikes at least in part by how a manufacturer behaves and who or what they sponsor.

Although brands can only lose points in my mind, not gain them.

nickc

I have socks that I only wear on the MTB and socks I only wear on the road bike…

In my head this is fine .

dogthomson

I’ve bought at least four bikes, then sold them on months later… Unridden!

Viewing 40 posts - 161 through 200 (of 219 total)

The topic ‘Your cycling confessions’ is closed to new replies.