Your cycling confessions

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 179 total)
  • Your cycling confessions
  • Premier Icon DezB
    Subscriber

I ride with a camera and go looking for incidents so I can put them on youtube. Hoping for something to go viral one day. 😀

Premier Icon DezB
    Subscriber

I sometimes post mild, troll-like statements on STW.

(gouch) Also spelt “gooch” sometimes.

Is akin to saying

rediculous is also spelt “ridiculous” sometimes!

🤓

Premier Icon eddiebaby
    Subscriber

I cycled to the LBS to get them to fit the new stealth routed Reverb they had sourced for me.
    I went on the wrong bike.

Premier Icon twistedpencil
    Subscriber

Mudguards are bloody ace. Found this out end of last year after 43years of ignorance. Commutes are noticeably dryer  and when off road riding i can see during the whole descent.

Still not fitting a rear one to the mtb as they look daft.

Houns

I ride that infrequently that I really shouldn’t class myself as a cyclist.

My mountain bikes all need some sort of suspension servicing and general servicing on them to get them back up to running order, I dread the cost and I can’t afford it

I’m the fattest/heaviest/unfittest I’ve been in my life and I hate it…..

….. all 3 points above are caused/not helped by suffering depression and anxiety making getting out on my bike so hard (and having a better paid job so can afford to fix stuff) … even though I know it’ll help me in the long term

I cringe in shame when I think about some of the stuff I used to post on here, sorry all

Still not fitting a rear one to the mtb as they look daft.

Always puzzled over this ^

Is it that you care more what other people think, or do you look back over the shoulder at it when riding, muttering ‘tsk, not aesthetically optimal, tsk…’?

Or … does it fail the ‘lean attractively against (beer)garden-bench and pleasure my eyes while I drink’ test?

Note: Most people (in the UK/AUS/US) think that an adult on a bicycle looks ‘daft’ to begin with. Not sure they are deducting extra points for rear mudguard 😉

tjagain

A big muddy strip up your back – now that looks stupid

Premier Icon dknwhy
    Subscriber

I bought a new saddle for my jump bike, just because it looks better. I never intend to sit on it.

Premier Icon colin74
    Subscriber

I don’t understand why mountain biking nowadays is going down a hill and then back up again – rather than going out for a ride off-road.

Premier Icon rhayter
    Subscriber

I’ve always thought that riding mountain bikes in typical British winter slop is f*cking tedious. I know some people like to wear it as a badge of honour, but, whatever. I’ll stick to my ‘cross bike with mudguards till it dries up, thanks.

Premier Icon roverpig
    Subscriber

I bought a gravel/adventure bike with mounting points for rack, mudguards, various bikepacking stuff etc and I don’t intend to use any of them.

I mainly bought it because it was two-tone purple and green.

I prefer riding my mountain bike up mountains to coming back down.

Premier Icon funkmasterp
    Subscriber

I’m more likely to buy a bike if I like the colour rather than if it has the latest must have geometry.

Every bike I’ve ever purchased has been done so under these three rules.

1: Do I like how it looks.
    2: Is it a colour that I like.
    3: Is it less than £1.5k.

I’ve only ever purchased two bikes new. A Trans AM 29er (in the sale) and an Escapade.

Premier Icon ampthill
    Subscriber

I spent lots of money buying all the tat for tubeless

I managed 2 rides with a tubeless front. The valve moved and it all went south.

I’ve been with tubes ever since

Premier Icon IvanMTB
    Subscriber

Thanks to evil inventions of Credit Card, PayPal Credit and so on I constantly buy various, quite often unnecessary bike parts or even whole bikes.
    Most of that now obsolete and still unused sitting under stairs.
    Can’t even recuperate costs as most of that is un-sell-able…

Once in a while I’m managing to clear my debt of only to end up in red 3-4 weeks later.

Cheers!
    I.

Premier Icon Jordan
    Subscriber

It’s vanity that stops me from shaving my legs. The layer of hair makes my skinny calves look slightly thicker. Especialy on a cold day!

easily

A big muddy strip up your back – now that looks stupid

I always think it looks cool. I use mudguards myself in the winter though.

Premier Icon twistedpencil
    Subscriber

When out on the mtb I’m going to get muddy, it’s part of the fun, don’t really worry about a wet / muddy back, it’s about dicking  about in the woods again like when I was 13. However mud in the eye when heading downhill is less fun.

Oh and mtb rear mudguards are bloody ugly to look at 🙂 have you seen the RRP rear? It looks like a shoulder pad for a 10ft cylon!

cb200

I was really glad when 1x came along, as I could never truly get my head around 3x or 2x

Premier Icon Bez
    Subscriber

I have a pink Endura women’s gilet, because it was indistinguishable from the pink Rapha men’s one I also ordered, except that it was £9.

#womensslacks

Premier Icon senor j
    Subscriber

It was my dream to go to ciclomontana when the Swedish ladies MTB team were there.

Premier Icon singlespeedstu
    Subscriber

It was my dream to go to ciclomontana when the Swedish ladies MTB team were there.

The Swedish ladies netball team always seem to be there the week before we go.

Premier Icon senor j
    Subscriber
    fossy

As an ex roadie, who had Dura Ace and hand built frames (snob), a Boardman FS Pro is way better than I am off road. Post broken spine vs car, I don’t use the posh bikes. I love my Boardman.

birky

I wear mtb kit on my road bike
    I wear Ronhill Tracksters in winter

oreetmon

Ive owned 3 different orange 5s Over the years and I want another.

oreetmon

Respect. Houns

Premier Icon northernsoul
    Subscriber

I have one functioning bike, 26″, hardtail, 3×9, rear mudguard (in winter), tubes, Brookes B17 saddle. Not cool, but don’t really care as it gets ridden at least twice a week and is tons of fun. I don’t mind mud either. I also have a mountain of spares for it, courtesy of online ‘bargains’, which is both a blessing and a curse…

My gloves and jacket sleeves are plastered with the results of trying to clear my nose at the wrong time whilst riding. 🤧

Premier Icon jamesoz
    Subscriber

I’m fully aware I have enough spares to build two extra bikes but don’t because then I’d have too many bikes.
    Whilst in bits, in my mind I don’t have too many bikes.

I want an XC bike.

Not a modern long low slack ride anywhere bike, a short travel race geo XC bike. Because it wouldn’t make sense otherwise.

erictwinge

i absolutely hate bright coloured anodised componentry. especially Hope orange.

erictwinge

i cannot tell the difference a couple of clicks back and forth on any of the dials make on my forks.

brownsauce

I do all my riding wearing jeans , trainers , and a soft shell work jacket from screwfix.

Cycling specific clothing in all forms is a complete rip-off.

Premier Icon dangeourbrain
    Subscriber

I could happily have thrown my bike in the river this morning on my commute.

Absolutely this is a result of me not wanting to replace my drive train until spring.

Premier Icon krixmeister
    Subscriber

Gooch = what in Texas we call your “taint”. As in, “‘taint your balls, ‘taint your butthole either.”

hooli

i cannot tell the difference a couple of clicks back and forth on any of the dials make on my forks.

I always assumed nobody could and those that say they can are feeling the power of placebo?

Premier Icon The Pinkster
    Subscriber

I’ve only ridden a bike once this year, but compared with some of you that sounds quite regular 😉

Also, considering my name I’m not very pink either. In fact those who know me on here would probably opt for something closer to pale pasty off white.

stevious

Gooch = what in Texas we call your “taint”. As in, “‘taint your balls, ‘taint your butthole either.”

See also: Barse

Premier Icon singlespeedstu
    Subscriber

I cringe in shame when I think about some of the stuff I used to post on here

I know you bastard you really didn’t love me long time. 😵

Premier Icon sirromj
    Subscriber

I only use Putoline because I’m really lazy at bike maintenance on my daily commute bike. Once the exterior of the chain is starting to rust then regular applications of wet lube start. On top of the dirt. Will ride like that for as long as I can get away with without cleaning. Eventually the wire brush comes out and then a whole new dip in the molten Putoline while I use an old hacksaw blade to scrape the rest of thich black gunk from rest of the drivetrain.

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 179 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.