Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 219 total)
  • Your cycling confessions
  • lunge

An open, non-judgemental place to confess your cycling sins.

I’ll start.
    My MTB shoes have been used for many more hours in the last year on a spin bike than on a real bike.

I shave my legs, and in truth, I’m not 100% sure why.

h4muf
    Free Member

I take Vape stops whilst out riding!

singlespeedstu

I can’t even remember the last time I rode a singlespeed.

Dickyboy

Triples are the sizzle & cycling on the hard shoulder of a motorway at the dead of night is actually quite safe.

funkmasterp

I sometimes ride in normal clothes without a helmet and I don’t care how much my bike weighs.

40mpg

I cant remember the last time I finished a ride sober. Even roadie ones 🍻

jimdubleyou

I quite enjoy a Boris bike now and again.

daern
    Free Member

I actually prefer riding a road bike now :-/

neila

I once had 4 mountain bikes , I now have 1 that has been used once in 2 years. I now have 3 road bikes that get used all the time. I shave my legs. I’m a roadie. I’m not ashamed.

neila

I make a point to say hello to all other cyclists just to be annoying, I’m really not a miserable git, I just look like it.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Up until A few weeks ago, i hadnt been on a night ride for over a year. Haven’t rode the lakes, my favourite bike place, for over 2. 😞

FB-ATB

Bicycle, what’s one of them?

Bruce

I keep a unicycle in my office and ride it up and down the corridor at work when I am bored

Bregante

I built up a new bike in october. I still haven’t ridden it.

or any other bike for that matter….

stevious

I pay someone else to wrap my bar tape.

senorj

I very much doubt I’ll buy another MTB.

easily
    Free Member

I have no idea how to replace the pads on my disc brakes.

P-Jay
    Free Member

I’ve given up night rides and abandoned my riding mate in the process in favour of going to the gym… a gym that’s verging on CrossFit… I really dislike being cold and wet. Either is fine, but both…

I’ll be back when it’s less shit out.

Jordan

I’m an unfit, semi-alcoholic, fag smoking, 56 year old, crap rider….But I do enjoy it!

MoreCashThanDash

I shave my legs cos I like it.

I bought a Joystick in the black Friday deals, but not ridden in the dark since.

Not ridden my mountain bike for 6 months.

si77

Last year I bought a new pair of SPD shoes.

Next purchase was a new frame to match the shoes.

jekkyl

Why do people shave their legs? **** weird. I always thought that was a joke but people actually do it? Like with a razor. Why tf would you do that?
    Coz once you’ve done it once you’ll have to keep doing it.

lunge

Why do people shave their legs? **** weird. I always thought that was a joke but people actually do it? Like with a razor. Why tf would you do that?
    Coz once you’ve done it once you’ll have to keep doing it.

As above, no, idea why, but I’ve kind of always done it so it’s now just normal.
    Saying that, tanned and toned shaved legs do look good, irreverent if you’re male or female.
    Maybe that’s the reason right there?

garage-dweller

I have more bikes than my spare riding time can justify and really all I want or need is a moderately tough hardtail trail bike for mtb and maybe a cheap hybrid.

I could really do with ditching the entire fleet but the FS is non boost, the hardtail is 26″ and the road bike was cheap 15 years ago. Where do you sell and who buys this stuff?

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

I’m not that fast, or stripey.

stewartc
    Free Member

British by birth but I really dont like riding in the wet and just dont understand why other riders seem to think its something all Brits love to do?

SaxonRider

I also shave my legs, but I do so because I returned to road riding quite some time ago and haven’t looked back. That’s not really a confession though.

What is a confession is the fact that I was once in a criterium race in which I was getting utterly left behind and destroyed. My solution was to have a bit of a temper tantrum in which I broke of a shifter. I was able to pull out of the race due to a ‘mechanical’, and thus save face.

Royston
    Free Member

I sometimes ride through red lights

csb

My favourite bike was a pink 20 inch wheel shopper.

epicyclo

I own a bike with a derailleur…

mattbee

Having got my wife into cycling over the years we’ve been together I actually resent having my ‘me’ time invaded when she asks if she can come out with me when I wanted to ride alone. Not all of the time, but some of the time, especially off road as she’s got knackered knees so ends up being easy/short rides.  Then I get “oh, I’ll make my way back home/to the car, you carry on”… in that wife type voice that clearly means “you’d better not abandon me, or I’ll sulk for days”…

136stu
    Free Member

I’m building up a 26er.

Anyone seen my coat?

theboatman
    Free Member

I don’t really get gravel biking, but even worse is I think it might be what I call mountain biking ☺

I also thought I would once cheekily squeeze through the gap between two buses, but I didn’t….

BlobOnAStick

The change in standard wheel sizes peed me off so badly I’ve been practically a roadie since.

Daffy

I can understand the point of a dropper, but really can’t be arsed with one, even if it’s on the bike that I’m riding.

redmex
    Free Member

I’m always clipped in even though anyone else I’m ever out with on a mountain bike are just on flat things, my xt pedals have not been serviced/oiled adjusted in 25 years and still spin like new, but I will admit I’ve twice had stitches on my left knee due to falls not so good. Never shaved my legs but is it to do with Elastoplast removal?

DezB
    Free Member

I only road ride to commute, because I hate road riding. But when I do it, I always wear MTB shoes, baggy shorts, a helmet with a peak, carry a backpack and listen to music via headphones.
    <Elvis>Always have. Always will<Elvis>

philjunior
    Free Member

I frequently ride with:
    Enduro specific baggies*.
    Roadie top
    bibshorts/tights
    Road helmet
    Road/commute jacket
    Backpack

All together off road. I have no intention of changing. On road I just take the baggies and backpack off.

*Well, Specialized Enduro ones, they say Enduro on them so as far as I’m concerned, they’re enduro specific.

sneakyg4
    Free Member

I didn’t use carbon paste with my dropper and didn’t remove it for 2 years.

£300 lesson learned.

halifaxpete

I have no idea and no willingness to care about suspension set up. Its roughly the right pressure for my weight and that’ll do.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 219 total)

The topic ‘Your cycling confessions’ is closed to new replies.