Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)
  • Your crystal ball, look 5 years ahead
  • crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

If you were pushed out of a moving car would your first thought be for the other occupants still safely strapped in?

The potential domino effect has been mentioned in some of the many other threads.

corroded
    Free Member

We’ll be part of the EU. Either there will have been a second referendum, perhaps asking us, wink wink, whether we accept the proposed terms of Brexit. Or there will have been massive civil uproar in the cities that made the poll tax riots look like a picnic. Or a vote in Parliament as David Lammy proposed. So, in five years we’ll be in the EU but our neighbours and allies will still be looking at us like we’re prats.

suburbanreuben
    Free Member

If you were pushed out of a moving car would your first thought be for the other occupants still safely strapped in?

No, but I’d be looking out for the juggernaut bearing down on me.
    You prove my point perfectly! We weren’t pushed; we jumped!

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

No, I didn’t, and neither did 48% of the people who voted. Looks like this thread isn’t the only part of the debate you’ve skimmed through.

I know what I’m being forced to give up, I still haven’t been told what’s replacing it and why that’s better.

But like I said above I don’t think we’ll actually go through with it.

deviant
    Free Member

BBC political correspondent Iain Watson says the petition has attracted a lot of attention but has zero chance of being enacted, because it is asking for retrospective legislation.
    Our correspondent says some referendums do have thresholds but those clauses must be inserted in legislation before the vote so everyone is clear about the rules.
    You can’t simply invent new hurdles if you are on the losing side, our correspondent says.

View from the Beeb, I think we’ll be out and annoying the EU by doing surprisingly well.

suburbanreuben
    Free Member

No, I didn’t, and neither did 48% of the people who voted.

We, as a nation, jumped. No one is still safely strapped in…

Junkyard
    Free Member

Why would the rest of the EU negotiate before knowing if it’s all a bluff?

You think we dont mean it we had a referendum and a PM reigned just to fool the EU?

Even JHJ has not claimed that

I think we’ll be out and annoying the EU by doing surprisingly well

The former is likely but god knows what it will look like the latter preposterous. Companies/jobs will be leaving like rats from a sinking ship

mogrim

You think we dont mean it we had a referendum and a PM reigned just to fool the EU?

No. I’m saying that the EU will start negotiating when article 50 is invoked, not before. Any talk by (pro-brexit) politicians that “informal negotiations” will take place beforehand is very optimistic. Soundings, maybe, but nothing real.

Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)

The topic ‘Your crystal ball, look 5 years ahead’ is closed to new replies.