Viewing 19 posts - 81 through 99 (of 99 total)
  • Your contributions to The Museum Of Rubbish Design.
  • surroundedbyhills
    Free Member

Eccentric BB – just do proper dropouts at the back FFS!

The lack of return on every set of Canti’s or V brakes I have ever owned.

The GM sourced auto gerbox on my 55 plate BMW where the torque converter plays the hokey cokey in the name of “economy” which results in a feeling like you are permenantly driving on the rumble strip. I didn’t buy a BMW for it’s economy.

bedmaker

Ikea has got some great designers, just not the one who designed the draining pooling board on my kitchen sink. How hard can it be?

mega
    Free Member

Heater fan unit resistor pack on a Vauxhall Vectra. Buried so far into the guts of the dashboard that it takes a mechanic an hour to replace it. – Rubbish

😀

mogrim

I half agree, but the up side always has a USB three prong logo on it.

No it doesn’t, for example the Garmin cable currently plugged into my laptop.

Harry_the_Spider

mega – Member

Heater fan unit resistor pack on a Vauxhall Vectra. Buried so far into the guts of the dashboard that it takes a mechanic an hour to replace it. – Rubbish

very good

It can’t be that bad because despite a couple of niggles mine won’t die.

paulwilsonmtb
    Free Member

Sleeping in me jag on pills for me nerves…

richmtb

Any door that needs a sign saying push or pull. It should be obvious from the shape of the door what you are meant to do.

Crank Bros headsets

VAG ABS pumps

ohnohesback
    Free Member

You may not have a lethally sharp, randomly sprung blade when you begin to open a corned beef tin but by the time you’ve finished opening it…

ononeorange

Don’t get me started on those stupid Shimano wrong-way-round gears!! Yes, let’s turn everything round the wrong way, why not, and hey we can chuck brakes in it at the same time – rrrrrruuuuuubishhhhhh!

The fundamental core central to any IT operating system that requires it to be continually turned off and turned on again to let it even vaguely function. Utter rubbish.

Avid Juicies. Total bobbins.

ski
    Free Member

Pumps that let you put petrol into a diesel tank. Opps 😉

nicko74

LG TV remote controls that require you to jam down the button repeatedly to get any kind of result on the TV. You know that really pushing hard on it isn’t going to help in the long run, but it won’t work if you don’t.
    Rubbish

North Face Goretex waterproof shoes that leak on your big toe after 6 months of wearing. Rubbish

jimification
    Free Member

Suspension forks where the bearing surface is an integral part of the structure and thus prohibatively expensive to replace. (ie: almost all of them)

jimification
    Free Member

and how on earth hasn’t this kind of insane, casualty-visit-inducing packaging been banned yet?

mega
    Free Member

paddleships

the paddle does have advantages such as being able to use with quite a shallow draft but for me the propellor will always be a more efficient means of aquatic propulsion

oliverd1981
    Free Member

I’m going with the side hinging tailgate on my Rav 4.

The old Hope quick releases with the ball end that made an uncomfortable pressure point when you tried to use them.

Vented Central heating/Hot water systems

CountZero

the up side always has a USB three prong logo on it
    See above regarding Dell front ports
    That’s a Dell problem, not a USB design problem.

Same as my Kenwood car head unit. It’s impossible to tell easily which way round the cable needs to be when inserting it.

paddleships

the paddle does have advantages such as being able to use with quite a shallow draft but for me the propellor will always be a more efficient means of aquatic propulsion

While that’s certainly true, somebody had to actually invent the the propellor first, unfortunately, paddles came first, for very obvious reasons.

chives
    Free Member

String. What the F*** is the point of string? It has no structural properties; if you tie a knot in it it WILL work loose; it breaks if you look at it sideways; and to make matters worse you can NEVER find any when you want it!!

I would have to disagree, having recently lashed together two skin on frame kayaks! Cordage is great.

The Display Port on my Lenovo W500 which doesn’t carry audio however, is the biggest oversight in the digital age. Cockbobbins.

derek_starship
    Free Member

Paint tin lids.

And Bradford.

Viewing 19 posts - 81 through 99 (of 99 total)

The topic ‘Your contributions to The Museum Of Rubbish Design.’ is closed to new replies.