Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • Your comments please (new BFe build)
  • The-Duke

Built up my new BFe frame with bits from my trek fuel ex8. Spec is as follows:
    Fork: Sektor solo air 130mm
    Wheels: Pro2 with arch ex rear/ crest front rims, bontrager xr4 2.2 tubeless tyres.
    Gears: 1×10 XT shifter, rear mech and 11-36 cassette, slx cranks with renthal 32 ring and superstar chainguide.
    Brakes: Formula RX 180mm front, 160mm rear rotors.
    Seatpost: Reverb 125mm drop
    Other bits include hope headset, seatpost clamp and rear qr skewer, easton carbon bars and bontrager stem.

Only been out for a quick ride so far but already i’m well impressed. Might think about converting the fork to dual position coil and could probably do with a wider bar at some point. Feel free to comment on the garden 😆

honourablegeorge

I don’t like the green grips, and yes, it needs wider bars.

Now that I’m done nitpicking, I’ll sit and be jealous for a bit.

Vortexracing

welcome to the Cotic club

looks nice

crispo
    Free Member

All these BFe threads are making my want for one grow all the time. Like the idea of running exactly like yours with a 1 x 10 and a 130 fork.

Please just tell me it’s rubbish then I’ll feel a little better.

Damn saving for a wedding!

honourablegeorge

crispo – Member

Damn saving for a wedding!

Priorities, man. You’ll love the BFe forever….

GW
    Free Member

other than it being ugly, overly heavy, gatelike, tall, ropey handling, undergeared, over-braked, weak/flexy rimmed and badly chain-retentioned it’s lovely.

STW Cotic fanboi cleak member #7213

Kit
    Free Member

GW, sitting on the fence this evening

crocodilian
    Free Member

Now don’t listen to that nasty man! I think it’s just lovely.

getonyourbike
    Free Member

GW – Member
    other than it being ugly, overly heavy, gatelike, tall, ropey handling, undergeared, over-braked, weak/flexy rimmed and badly chain-retentioned it’s lovely.

STW Cotic fanboi cleak member #7213Is it possible for you to act like anymore of a c*ck?! 🙄

reggiegasket
    Free Member

you need a chainstay guard on it.

Compared to my BFE build, I run my stem shorter, bars wider and lower, and a Straitline silent guide (big fan). Plus I run coil Lyriks which are heavier obviously but work so well and really suit the frame’s burly character. But you may not have that kind of build in mind.

In a way, to me, it’s a Soul build on a BFE frame. I have a Soul too by the way.

Kryton57

crispo – Member
    All these BFe threads are making my want for one grow all the time.

+1.

I cleaned my Genesis Altitude today, wound the forks back out to 130, and considered putting fatter (aka more “rad”) tyres on it and was happy. Then I saw this thread 🙁

The-Duke

Cheers for the comments guys, I would agree that its more a soul build on a bfe frame but the soul’s not available in green and is £170 more and not too bothered with the extra weight. I might have to put a proper chainguide on at some point but I’ll run with what i’ve got for the moment, the guys at cycleworld did say i might have problems dropping the chain though. Cant run the bars any lower as the brakes and shifters would hit the top tube.

mooman
    Free Member

Nice looking build.
    Only thing i not like is brake lever position .. I would need them moved further towards grips. I recently had a go on a friends bike which had brakes in similar position and couldnt find them on couple of occasions.

renton
    Free Member

Looks very nice that mate

What saddle is that and where can I get some of them grips ?

I’ve just ordered a nukeproof stem and bar combo to go on mine.

Get it posted up in the cotic appreciation thread.

amedias
    Free Member

saddle looks like a charge spoon to me

The-Duke

Brake postion is perfect for one finger braking but not for everyone. Saddle is a charge spoon and grips are ODI from chain reaction.

swingbing
    Free Member

Only thing i not like is brake lever position ..

My bike is set up the same way, perfect for 1 finger braking. Wouldn’t have it any other way.

Fortunateson09
    Free Member

Looks a pretty well thought out build. If it were mine, I’d have wider bars, shorter stem, full chain device, non – awful tyres and less non – black componentry. Cool colour but the gold bits aren’t working for me.

I’m sure you’ll have a lot of fun with it.

chunkymonkey
    Free Member

Looks fine to me mate. See what the bars are like first, don’t go getting wider one’s just because folk on here say to do so 🙄

bish

Bike in garage turned upside down to remove rear wheel, therefore you can’t be a real mountain biker and should give me that lovely looking bfe.

mboy
    Free Member

I would agree that its more a soul build on a bfe frame but the soul’s not available in green and is £170 more and not too bothered with the extra weight.

If that’s the case, then nice build.

If it was mine though, it’d have to have a full chain device, wider bars, shorter stem, beefier wheels and gnarlier tyres though.

Only thing i not like is brake lever position .. I would need them moved further towards grips.

Nope, levers look pretty well positioned to me for one finger braking. Maybe I’d wind them in a tiny bit, but they look pretty well set to me.

Is it possible for you to act like anymore of a c*ck?!

I’d say tonight is the tamest I’ve seen him in a loooooong while… By his standards, he’s positively gushing with praise for this bike! 😉

stevomcd
    Free Member

Muhahahaha!

ashfanman
    Free Member

STW Cotic fanboi cleak clique member #7213

STW pedant member #325879.

Bike looks nice.

Wookster

Nice! Love te green if it’s halfas good as my mark two you’ll love it!!! 😀

trailzilla
    Free Member

Looks good.

Similar build to mine but I run a flat 780mm wide bar and short stem which rides nice and stable.

billyboy
    Free Member

Nice build but ignore fashion and get yourself a granny ring FFS. How is that going to get up the Walna Scar Road?

renton
    Free Member

heres mine by the way………..

Ive got a nukeproof 70mm stem on a set of nukeproof 760mm bars on the way for it !!

Also on the look out for a charge spoon and some green grips now as I think yours look ace!!

Rockape
    Free Member

Bike looks smart the Duke. Think the Beefy is a good arounder. Let us know how you like the single ring set up have toyed doing it on mine. I run Slx double and bash at mo with 32/11 rear. So did think about going 32/34 front 36/11 10spd rear. Take it out rag it and have fun that’s what it’s all about. 😀

faz083
    Free Member

love the green… grass.

And your edges need doing.

That bike looks good though

The-Duke

I’ve used the single ring set up for over a year on my trek before swapping the bits over and it’s been ace, hardly ever used the granny or big ring and like the simplicity and extra ground clearance. The grips were a bit of a gamble as I bought them before seeing the frame colour in the flesh, think they suit the bike though.

wisepranker
    Free Member

Can any of you guys with a new BFe tell me whether it uses full length gear cable outers or not?

I’ve ordered the frame and got most the bits I need to build it up but I don’t have and spare cables about if needed!

faz083
    Free Member

no – no cotic frames do

all are interrupted.

wisepranker
    Free Member

no – no cotic frames do

all are interrupted.

Cheers!

renton
    Free Member

ive got some full length shimano outer left over if you want to buy some??

I_Ache
    Free Member

Best looking green one yet imo. I have done the matching grip thing with my blue BFe and I think it looks quite tidy.

I would like to give all of the BFe generations a go to see how they vary in feel.

Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)

The topic ‘Your comments please (new BFe build)’ is closed to new replies.