Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Your choice of frame protect or renovate conditioner?
  • fivealive

What are peoples most cost effective way of protecting frames after a wash here. I’ve used KingUD which is brilliant but expensive for a 150ml bottle compared to 1 litre car products. Grateful for some alternatives that will go further… ideally silicone free too.

jam-bo

mud.

tall_martin

After I wash it, I put it in the shed.

As for protection, I oil the drive chain?

Why put some chemical on the frame, its just going to get gritty peak district mud scrubbed off it next ride.

Happy owner of multiple very scratched bikes.

fivealive

It must be friday flippant comment day. Each to their own 🙄

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Wipe with a rag and a drop of oil.

As above it’ll get coated in crap so quickly it’s not worth polishing or waxing as muckoff will just strip it off next time you wash it anyway.

timbog160

Occasionally if I’m feeling very keen I will use the mucoff silicon spray – I spray it onto a cloth first rather than the bike to avoid overspray. I have a sense it stops dirt ‘sticking’ to the bike but I suspect it’s pretty marginal.

jamesoz

I leave it on the roof of the Porsche so my detailer can take care of it.

Driller
    Free Member

I like Juice Lubes Fork Juice, it stops mud sticking pretty effectively and makes my bike very shiny, which I also like. I seem to get through a lot of it though and it’s not cheap. Recently started using the new Oxford Silicone spray though, it’s about half the price of JL and smells minty. It’s also a thicker liquid on application so needs a bit more of a buff after applying, but comes up well. Both recommended. I like to keep my bikes clean. I’ve tried a few other silicone sprays and the main issue I’ve had is that the spray mist isn’t fine enough. The Muc Off nozzles are super fragile and also get blocked, I’ve had to chuck a couple of cans that were almost full. Hope that helps.

Frankers
    Free Member

Seen this advertised, never tried it

Liquid Pro Bike Wax 60ml

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Your choice of frame protect or renovate conditioner?’ is closed to new replies.