Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Your biking targets for next year
  • white101

On the back of the ‘cycling stats for 2017’ thread what are you hoping to do next year that you haven’t managed this year?

Like most folk I would love to go 12 months without some stupid injury that keeps you from riding for weeks on end allowing all the fitness gained to slip away.

Looking at Strava I actually ride less during June/July for some reason. Seems odd but the plan is to make more of the long light nights this summer, maybe a little bivi/overnighter.

Work will take me to Northern Ireland a few times next year so the plan is to pop the bike in the van and explore some new locations. Never ridden over there before and there seems to be quite a lot of decent riding emerging.

As above, lots of Welsh work action this year starting next week, so looking forward to trying out Antur Stiniog for the first time.

On the road I am hoping to hit the 100 mile mark on a couple of rides this year, got to break that barrier some day. Might take a sportive type event to help me through, usually get spurred on/dragged along with a bit of a crowd!

mrwhyte
    Free Member

After a manic 2017, mine is just to get out and ride. A couple of trips to Afan, explore more of the Quantocks as well as head out on Dartmoor and Exmoor.

I’d like to do a night or two on Dartmoor with the bivvy.

chevychase

Love to quit the job and **** off round the world self-supported cycling on the MTB.

Bird has other feelings about that so come my 45th in October we’ll see how far 15 years loyal lovin’ takes us.

Sat in a bar in Cat Ba in Vietnam for NY. Wishing we were on the bikes but having a great time.

Other than that – ride more 😉

Rorschach
    Free Member

Clean it from last time I rode it.

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

How about “don’t start duplicate threads”?

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/2018-bike-goals

P-Jay
    Free Member

As per the other thread I fancy 1500kms which is still very low by the standards of STW but it would do me.

Overall though, just have fun with it. A coupe of years ago I foolishly started to think of my mid-week rides like going to the gym and it became a chore, that was really stupid.

Oh and jump better. I used to think I could jump because my drop skills were so shit, now I can drop adequately I’ve come to realise I can’t jump for shit.

asbrooks

Actually get out and ride my bike, rather than it being fitted to the turbo trainer.

hambl90
    Free Member

Having not ridden much at all this year for one reason or another I have set myself a goal for 2018. After I get a bit of fitness back I’m hoping to complete a MTB ride I have in mind through the Brecon Beacons which I think would be around 75 miles, which is far more than I have ever done before in 18yrs riding . Wish me luck

coolhandluke
    Free Member

Not to buy 3 new bikes…..

therevokid
    Free Member

Fervent prayers that stent #3 has finally fixed me and that I
    Will be able to ride full stop 🙂

Wookster

ride and enjoy it,
    Enjoy ( not just survive Ard Rock)
    Finally get my jumping from oh dear to yeah that’s doable
    Keep saving for the new bike!

maxtorque

Actually ride this year!

(and get more awsums in the air, styling it out a bit, rather than just “bearing” the hang time)

transporter13
    Free Member

Work less and ride more.
    Do an overnighter somewhere to see what the fuss is all about.
    Ride places that Ive never been to before.

scaredypants

do more on the mtb – been a roadie this year, almost entirely

jonnyboi

Got some serious endurance numbers. 200/300/400k single rides plus some 8 and 24 hour races

Merak

See here as mentioned above

Been done….3 pages of it

whatyadoinsucka
    Free Member

Sell off some of the fleet and stay injury free , got 4 or 5 events booked in ardrock, boltby and Evans ride its, completion is the name of the game

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Your biking targets for next year’ is closed to new replies.