Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 81 total)
  • Your biggest biking regret?
  • cfinnimore
    Free Member

Not getting a credit card and ringing through as much as I could on trade & employee discount, B2B clearances and special rep offers “when I wiz in da industry”.

Shocking, some of these RRP’s. 🙄

matther01
    Free Member

Selling my meta 5.5.2 for a stupid price to fix my car …only for it to conk out and die 1 month later 🙁

PiknMix
    Free Member

I regret selling certain bikes for my wedding/Christmas, I’m now in the position where I have a frame that’s too small but really good spec components.

I would literally suck off a tramp for a large frame so I can get out biking again.

matther01
    Free Member

Man…that is desperate! 😉

TiRed

Starting racing at 45. I could have been a contender! (Well that’s what I tell myself as I try and beat people half my age).

flashes
    Free Member

Stopping cycling from when I was 18 til I was 42.
    Selling this;

No idea what it was, but it rode like nothing else, really miss it…..

marko75
    Free Member

Living in South Wales for 10 years and not riding until in my mid 30’s in Milton Keynes

HughStew

Not doing a skills course sooner. Rider upgrade is much more effective than any change of kit.

JEngledow
    Free Member

Moving to an area that’s great for work, family and friends, but shit for Mountain biking!

Suggsey
    Free Member

Not having a bike between the ages of 5 till I was 30! Alas my balance is not good, my fitness distinctly average but my love of biking is now immeasurable 🙂

stilltortoise
    Free Member

No regrets as such, but I do sometimes wish for the time/money I had pre-kids so I can enjoy some foreign big-mountain riding

Singlespeed_Shep
    Free Member

Coming on here rather than a quick little spin out, Happens way too often.

llama

No regrets

woody21
    Free Member

Not cycling from the age of 16 until I was 40

hummerlicious
    Free Member

Selling my ’94 Kona Hei Hei

coffeeking
    Free Member

Stopped riding when i when i went to Uni and started working. Got back into it about 5 years ago but still struggle to find time to ride more than one a week.

This. Worst mistake of my life.So hard to get back into it, so hard to find it exciting anymore as I’m just not fit enough to get fast enough to be fun. Just never find the time any more.

hh45
    Free Member

That I didn’t start when I was a lot younger

yep, me too. since starting at age 32, riding really has changed my like and wholly for the better.

Basil

Buying Yeti ASR C
    Selling Yeti ASR C

timidwheeler

Locking my Apollo Regatta to Frank’s bike and leaving them outside the pub. We had a few beers and I remember seeing a shadow by the window where our bikes were. Didn’t check. Bike stolen and my insurance wouldn’t pay as my bike wasn’t locked to a solid object. It was 1996 and I was 16.
    I’m still annoyed with myself that I didn’t go and check that shadow.

jimmy

My regret isn’t that I got a job guiding in Verbier. It’s that I ultimately bottled out of doing it for silly reasons.

Twwwwwunt.

Andy-R

My biggest regret is that I can’t wind my age back 20 years and be able to look forward to at least another 20 years of riding. That, and the fact that I haven’t ridden nearly as much as I could have done in the last few years, especially in Greece.

Nobby

Not buying the Yo Eddy I wanted but wasting the money on a damn car.

Kryton57

Stopping cycling from when I was 18 til I was 42.

Different numbers but this. And right now it’d be completing the Trainerroad 8 min test yesterday to confirm how utterly shit I am. 🙁

djc1245
    Free Member

Smoking all those years ago, therefore suffering big time on every climb

reggiegasket
    Free Member

not having a set of Redline Flight cranks when I was 14.

grum
    Free Member

That I gave up for about 15 years, and didn’t ride when I lived in Vancouver. 🙁

jimoiseau
    Free Member

Living in Lyon for 2 years and only doing one Alps uplift day.

julioflo
    Free Member

Selling my Pink Mk1 Dialled Bikes PA frame last year.
    Crashing on a stupid 69er experiment 5 years ago, dislocating collar bone and ribs, and allowing the hospital to boot me out as I’d been in casualty for 4 hours. Ribs still not in place and moving around occasionally…

honourablegeorge

Not starting sooner. Had ten years where I mainly just drank a lot.

Carbone
    Free Member

Not riding Alp D’Huez road climb when I was young,thin n race fit.

annebr
    Free Member

Not bringing my kit in to work today. It looks lovely out there for a lunchtime ride.

alpin
    Free Member

hitting ice on Jan 6th and smashing my shoulder into the ground. three torn tendons and a break on the collar bone; the last 2,5cm at the end where the tendons come together. unable to operate and have to let nature takes its course.

still not able to work. have a lumpy shoulder where the bone has fused back together. can’t stretch my arm above my head or behind my back. if i ‘m lucky i won’t have any problems 10 years down the line.

oh, another regret… going for a ride the morning that slinky little brasilian was in my bed. ended up kicking her out and riding 1000m up in the snow freezing my arse off. why?

khani
    Free Member

Getting involved in dumb ass wheel size threads…
    I’ve managed to resist the latest one, and I feel much better for it..

kimbers

Ive just thought of one

a few years back I did the Megavalanche on my old Stab with some marzocchi tripple clamps Id bought off a kid on pinkbike the week b4

trouble was the rebound on them was so fast it was ridiculous,
    I managed to get the internal adjuster tool jsut b4 we left,( a 30cm allen key)
    but never got round to opening them up
    after 3 days my wrists were absolutely shagged and we opened them up, changed the oil and wound out the rebound

the forks were transformed instantly into some plush puppies

by then my wrists were kanckered and on race day i was in lots of pain and had to pull up a few times to let them recover and had several crashes where I couldnt grip proprly

lesson learned

Pete-B
    Free Member

Stopping serious biking in my teens when girls & beer proved more attractive.
    (Restarted 20 years later when I found bikes a more accessible ride & beer tasted better afterwards)

boxfish
    Free Member

Not wiring my bike to the mains before they were stolen.

ononeorange

Most of the above, plus not being born with the appropriate genetics to have at least a sprinking of technical ability.

grum
    Free Member

by then my wrists were kanckered and on race day i was in lots of pain and had to pull up a few times to let them recover and had several crashes where I couldnt grip proprly

This happened to me anyway, even without dodgy forks.

mos

Not buying an XL frame 15 years sooner.
    Not trying a 29er sooner.
    Not getting my GF into it sooner.
    Not getting a good picture of Keeley Lockey in her Karrimor skinsuit racing nembas.

jody
    Free Member

Getting a driving license and thinking cars were better. Forward 17 years and not lost many of the skillz but my fitness is nowhere to be seen.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 81 total)

The topic ‘Your biggest biking regret?’ is closed to new replies.