Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 135 total)
  • Your best & worst chocolate bar….
  • PMK2060

Favourite – Coconut Boost was my favourite (they need to bring them back). Toblerone now.

Worst – Hershey’s. America sure does know how to produce crap food and beer

Edukator
    Free Member

Best: Lindt Excellence Sea Salt
    Worst: any of those Cadbury things that have sticky filling remover stuff in sporsored by the dental surgeons’ union, Crunchy is one.

finephilly
    Free Member

Best I reckon is Lion Bar, then Wispa Gold
    Worst is Turkish Delight, closely followed by Hershey’s
    I reckon a coffee flavoured Boost has potential

savoyad

Best: dairy milk with crunchie bits in, but it’s only randomly available
    worst: american junk

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Best twirl, melty chocolatey heaven

Worst Turkish delight, pot pourri flavour earwax

MoreCashThanDash

I know they’re technically not a bar, but I’ll throw caution to the wind and say Peanut M&Ms. Only thing that I reckon I could gorge myself on until I was sick.

If the pc police say it has to be a bar, then the fruit & nut at Aldi is awesome. Proper German chocolate, whole hazelnuts, loads of raisins.

I may have found a soul mate. Obviously we couldn’t live together as we’d kill each other over the chocolate stash…

p7eaven
    Free Member

Best: dairy milk with crunchie bits in, but it’s only randomly available
    worst: american junk

Paradoxical! I’m old enough to remember Cadbury’s before it began the sharp decline/buyout process which turned it into the ‘American junk’ it is today. Yes, I still prefer it to Hershey’s and Reese’s, but then again I generally prefer being punched in the stomach than the face. George Cadbury will be turning in his grave.

https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/www.cadbury.co.uk

https://www.mondelezinternational.com/

andybrad

As a self confessed expert in this area I’d just like to say that I think we should ban all americanised choc as its all so utterly vile it shouldn’t be included. Also I’d suggest that your normal allowed kit kats or gold bars (club, blue ribbons etc) as these are clearly biscuits.

My nomination are

Best : frys peppermint.

Worst : fruit and nut. Its nice but the fact that it lulls you in with its delicious creaminess and then you have a nut. Its gutting. Or snickers.

martinhutch

Best is Cadbury’s Fuse

Now we’re talking.

Worst: Anything American. Ordinary Yorkie – its only selling point was the size, now it’s tiny and tastes a bit rubbish.

Oh, and an honourable mention for Cadbury’s Chocolate Fingers. Way too melty to be practical.

twonks

Star bar is my favorite and I really think Boosts are nasty.

So many people tell me I’m daft as they are the same but, I don’t think so. The Boost just tastes chemically and a bit plastic.

Probably me that’s odd but would be interested to know if anybody else shares the same thought?

TBH, nearly all chocolate is nice, although Hersheys is yuck.

bikehamster

Best: Cadbury’s Dairy Milk (every other sort of chocolate tastes like something you’d give to the cat).
    Worst: Boost/Crunchie. Bleurgh (plus Wagon Wheels. Although they’re not really bars. More sort of rounds).

Yak

Best – Drifter. Perfect amount of chew, unless it’s cold then it’s a jaw breaker. Rare nowadays it seems.
    Worst- twirl. It’s just a tidier flake really. Nothing new.

johndrummer
    Free Member

Worst – anything by Hershey

Best? Hmm, not sure. I used to like Cadbury Fuse but it must be at least 20 years since they discontinued it.
    Hotel Chocolat do some nice slabs of chocolate but I think it’s a toss-up between Ripple (Mars) or Aero peppermint.

But I’m buggered with T2 diabetes so I’m supposed to avoid sugary things

Flaperon

Best: The old Terrys Chocolate Orange. The one that weighed as much as a small child and required thumping against a wall repeatedly until it collapsed into it’s rich chocoloately orangely chocolate goodness.

Worst: The new Terrys Chocolate Orange. Hollowed out to save money and made of some repulsive powdery American shit.

BaronVonP7
    Free Member

I’ve got a pretty low bar (ha!) when it comes to chocolate – Morrisons and Co-Op own brand are pretty grim though.

Being “budget conscious” I’m currently addicted to Tesco’s Milk Chocolate bars – No palm oil and it’s got a sticker on it that means no pandas work in the cocoa trees factory or something, too.

Used to like Texan bars – “Sure is a mighty chew”.

The adverts went right through racist and out the other side, mind.

Daffy

Available pretty much everywhere:

Best – Galaxy Caramel
    Worst – Caramac

Niche:

Best would be – Hotel Chocolate Supermilk
    Worst would be almost anything that’s more than 90% dark.

Honourable mention for Green and Blacks Maya Gold.

johndoh
    Free Member

Straight in at Number One Best Chocolate Bar…

All The Nom!

joshvegas
    Free Member

Rare nowadays it seems.

The supermarket effect. You need to get yourself to corner shops and other shops stocked from the cash and carry.

Then you’ll get the good gear.

Drifters, brannigans roast beef and mustard etc.

fazzini

Best: Dairy Milk, though I will admit it is not what it used to be, but my childhood Christmas memories are filled with the little ‘bars’ of Dairy Milk joy that came in a small box similar to the ones from vending machines on train stations.

Worst: Gambit…a short lived experiment that has somehow been reinvented as Darkmilk

macdubh

Best is a Lion bar

Worst by far creme eggs, blurghh

p7eaven
    Free Member

Best: Dairy Milk, though I will admit it is not what it used to be

RIP Cadbury’s. Hello shelves packed full to the ceiling of multibuy squodgey, grainy, overly-sweet, poor imitations of it’s former self.

I even tried the ProperMocha DarkerMilk Wonkapoppin MegaButtOn Seasonal Sensations Special Edition Mk2 ™ bar and to be fair it did give my diabetes a toothache.

Even Lindt/Lindor is better than the Mondelez/Kraft ‘Dairy Milk’ analog. It must be our ‘British Is Best’ myopia that thinks today’s Cadbury’s ‘best’ even long past the point where it was even British.

hugo
    Free Member

Just had a Kitkat Gold. Very good.

Worst? Picnic. Just an abomination.

mmcd

Toblerone is the best although honourable mention to Yorkie, Double Decker the worst.

johndoh
    Free Member

Totally agree – horrible sickly things that they are.

p7eaven
    Free Member

Toblerone is the bes

Ever tried the Twin Peaks from Poundland?

Agreed. BUT used to love them. Remember them being hard to get into (with some ‘snap’) and a thick chocolate, the filling tasting creamy-sweet inside with a smooth texture.

Now they’re easy to get into and just taste megasweet (and grainy) inside and out.

I’m not convinced that global warming is solely responsible for The Softening

fazzini

Totally agree – horrible sickly things that they are.

I miss Toffee Mallow Eggs…now they were something

thebibbles

Best – Galaxy especially if eaten in tandem with some prawn cocktail crisps as it intensifies their flavour.

Worst – Cadbury Fruit and Nut

onewheelgood

I’m really liking this at the moment, although the Beer Chocolate is good too.

Worst would be anything by Hersheys, Cadburys, Nestle, with a special place in the bin for the Bounty.

johndoh
    Free Member

The very, very best has to be the Snickers I ate towards the end of some enduro ride in Wales when I had run out of food and was very close to bonking. Someone gave me it and it was the most wonderful chocolate I have ever tasted. I don’t even like nuts.

Bunnyhop

Favourite bar atm is the Aldi milk chocolate fruit and nut.
    However we have a proper chocolate shop in Marple. Her chocolate bars are smooth, creamy and delicious.

I dislike anything from Cadbury’s and anything from USA. Hershey’s Kisses were the worse confectionery I’ve ever eaten.

Philby

Best – Lion Bar or Toffee Crisp. Would also include Toblerone but they are generally a bit big to be classed as a bar.
    Worst – probably Mars Bar, though I’ve never tried the Hershey bars mentioned throughout this thread

perchypanther
    Free Member

No one has specified that we’re supposed to be eating them.

So assuming that we’re sticking them up our arses….

Best = Fudge
    Worst = Toblerone

choppersquad
    Free Member

Old Jamaica for the win and anything American has to be the worst. Hershey’s is vile stuff.

Kuco

I don’t think even Americans like Hershey. Lady at work her friend works for Mondelez in the labs in New Jersey and when she goes to visit she has to take English chocolate over to her.

MoreCashThanDash

MrsMC spent a year on the edge of Siberia 1997/98. The only chocolate they could get was Herscheys. I used to have to send a monthly parcel of Dairy Milk and Cosmopolitan magazine to keep her over there sane.

wordnumb
    Free Member

Currently digging the Tunnock’s Wafer.
    Agree with others that most things described as chocolate in the USA are neither chocolate nor edible.

Rona

Back in the day – Star Bar, Galaxy Counters.

Current everyday (not literally) chocolate – Milka — reminds me of holidays.

Treat chocolate – can’t see past Hotel Chocolat dizzy pralines.

Not keen – Fry’s Chocolate Cream.

Sandwich

George Cadbury will be turning in his grave.

Amen to that!

stealthcat

Really not getting the love for Hotel Chocolat… I got put off by their Christmas selection boxes, where the plain and milk bars seemed to be waxy and not great-tasting.

Best scoffing chocolate is probably Ritter Sport Peppermint.

Best treat chocolate bar – Godiva blood orange.

BillMC

Waitrose white chocolate best
    Hershey’s worst, is it even chocolate?

However, demonic forces of nature would make me devour it so I never buy it.

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 135 total)

The topic ‘Your best & worst chocolate bar….’ is closed to new replies.