Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 135 total)
  • Your best & worst chocolate bar….
  • monkeyboyjc

Best for me is a Picnic.

Worst is a Crunchie.

What are yours?

joshvegas
    Free Member

Crunchie,

Picnic. boost

You’re a wrongun monkeyjoyjc Crunchies are the finest of bars.

perchypanther
    Free Member

Picnic*

Crunchie

You’re a wrong ‘un joshvegas.

*Actually Star Bars are the best but a Picnic is a close second.
    Crunchies are utter gash though.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    sirromj

starbar
    curlywurly

sirromj

picnics are second rate. crunchies are good.

pondo

Starbar FTW

Bounty can get in the sea.

mogrim

Best: Marathon (aka Snickers), as I can convince myself the peanuts make it healthy.
    Worst: I’ve never been a big fan of Kit Kats. Mediocrity in choco bar form.

perchypanther
    Free Member

I’ve never been a big fan of Kit Kats

They always taste of tin foil.

kid.a
    Free Member

Best: Fry’s Chocolate Cream
    Worst: Bounty! (bluagh!)

johndoh
    Free Member

I so knew there would be hate for Bounties, but I love them.

funkrodent

I know they’re technically not a bar, but I’ll throw caution to the wind and say Peanut M&Ms. Only thing that I reckon I could gorge myself on until I was sick.

If the pc police say it has to be a bar, then the fruit & nut at Aldi is awesome. Proper German chocolate, whole hazelnuts, loads of raisins.

I’m with the Crunchie haters. Never seen the point, unless welding some weird caramel/honey gunge to your teeth floats your boat

funkrodent

I do kinda like Bounties. But once in a blue moon, not a regular treat

perchypanther
    Free Member

Dark chocolate bounties are awesome.

DezB
    Free Member

Those new Big Bite bars Lidls sell. They are massive and the chocolate is lush. (I don’t eat it in one go, honest)

worst.. hmm, Mars bar probably, just a big soggy sugary lump of gloop. Actually sounds quite nice when you put it like that. 😋

Pick a fave pigboy

kid.a
    Free Member

@funkrodent

Ooooo yeah, we had a big one of those Aldi Fruit and Nuts the other night, was way better than the Cadbury version

Harry_the_Spider

Best – KitKat Chunkie (you know where you are with a KitKat Chunkie)

Worst – Toblerone / Kinder Bueno (Premium priced chocolate coated packaging material) with a special mention for Ferrero Rocher (Sugar coated owl turds)

kid.a
    Free Member

Forgot about Toblerone! That’s the best, they’ve now reverted back to the “proper” shape

enigmas
    Free Member

Just a slab of dairy milk is a guilty pleasure for me.

Cougar

Worst, I was going to say Twirl. Not only is it just a lump of chocolate, but it’s shit chocolate at that.

Then I read this thread and was reminded of Bounty.

Then I started typing and remembered that Hershey bars exist. Two parts Twirl-grade chocolate mixed with one part baby sick.

Best, I dunno… I’m rather partial to a Galaxy Caramel.

perchypanther
    Free Member

I ate an entire bar of Old Jamaica last night….and a Lemon Turkish Delight.

slowoldman

Dark chocolate bounties are awesome.

Indeed they are. My favourite though is Niederegger dark choc covered marzipan. It’s a family thing, it comes from my mum’s home town.

I don’t care much for Belgian chocolate, it’s a bit sickly. The most disgusting chocolate? Hershey’s without a doubt.

gallowayboy

Best KitKat chunky peanut. But double decker or starbar run it close.
    Worst mars bar or that awful Turkish delight bar.
    Don’t mind bounty or crunchie.

tthew

Best* – Double Decker or Lion Bar tie for first.
    Worst – that horrible Popping Candy Cadbury’s thing.

*I’m sticking with routine brands that are common in most shops, not niche weirdness.

derek_starship
    Free Member

Best: Orange Aero

Mingin’: Turkish Delight

p7eaven
    Free Member

Used to love a lot of chocolate bars (especially Dairy Milk and Topic) to the point where I’d consider myself a ‘chocolate addict’ (it’s sugar-addiction isn’t it?). Used to have a Snickers for ‘lunch-dessert’ every weekday no fail.

But – ‘acquisitions’ over the last few decades seem to have turned them all into soft (palm) oily shadows of their former self and now taste of little else but sugar.

On the upside, I now get to dial back the frequency and up the taste/quality*, so a ‘win-win’ in my book.

Best: *Big fat chunks of Tony’s Chocolonely Dark Almond & Sea Salt

Worst: Terry’s (not) Chocolate (not) Orange Bar. Sadly, as Terry’s Chocolate Orange used to be my favourite choc, before it wasn’t.

Spud

Tony’s is great, first came across it when in Utrecht. In a long distant time, Cherry Ripe and Violet Crumble were up there when we lived in Oz.

Best is a tough one, but rather partial to Fry’s Chocolate Cremes

Worst has to be anything Herscheys. Good god, it’s not chocolate is it.

LAP13
    Free Member

White choc twix for a ‘bar’ but Lindt Les Grandes hazelnut is indulgent and for a piece at a time… Followed shortly by another

Worst is mars or stuff containing fruit. I don’t want fruit in my chocolate, it defeats the point

RichPenny
    Free Member

Best: Coconut Boost. Gone but not forgotten 🙁
    Worst: Yep, any of that Hersheys rubbish.

Would take a Tunnocks Teacake over anything else, but not sure if it qualifies, not being bar shaped.

monkeyboyjc

I knew I’d get hate for my worst beings crunchie…. They are like marmite.

Worst – that horrible Popping Candy Cadbury’s thing.

Guaranteed seller in my shop.

Choc orange twirl anyone?

finbar
    Free Member

Wispa or a mint Aero for best. Notable mention for the underrated classic that is a Twix.

Worst would be a Crunchie.

jam-bo

Forgot about Toblerone! That’s the best, they’ve now reverted back to the “proper” shape

only in the small bars. the larger bars have the larger gaps.

suprised there is no mention of hersheys for worst. yankee chocolate is vile stuff.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Best – Aldi white chocolate mousse filled number
    Worst – Anything American

Edit – that Tony’s stuff tastes like cooking chocolate from the 80s!

joshvegas
    Free Member

kitkat chunkies are the worst way of consuming a kitkat which is a biscuit not a chocolate bar.

p7eaven
    Free Member

Edit – that Tony’s stuff tastes like cooking chocolate from the 80s!

Well, it (objectively) doesn’t remotely (I’m not a fan of cooking chocolate at all), but if you don’t like dark chocolate Tony’s actually do more milk chocolate varieties than dark.

Forgot about white chocolate. And Caramac! (Beige chocolate?) which tastes like crumbly fudge IME.

If you like white choc and mousse – I was given some Ferrero Rafaellos for Xmas once and they are ridiculously addictive. Shame they’re a fiver a box! Just as well really… 😎

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Oh, I love a rafaello, modern day ferrero rocher!

Well, it (objectively) doesn’t remotely (I’m not a fan of cooking chocolate at all), but if you don’t like dark chocolate Tony’s actually do more milk chocolate varieties than dark.

It was only the milk choc I’d tried!

doomanic

Cadbury’s Creme Egg or the bad version for best. KitKat for worst. Haven’t tried Hershey’s because everyone I know who has says it tastes like gritty poop.

Kryton57

Hotel Chocolate Dark chocolate marzipan ftw.

cant stand toblerone.

p7eaven
    Free Member

It was only the milk choc I’d tried!

Now I know you’re either taking the pi$$ 🤣 … and/or one of the 2%

Cougar

Best: Orange Aero

Mingin’: Turkish Delight

A strong showing from Derek on both counts here.

Best: *Big fat chunks of Tony’s Chocolonely Dark Almond & Sea Salt

I’m not sure as I’d want to eat chocolate that has “colon” in its name…

ChrisL

I am not a fan of coconut or of peanuts so the various bats involving them (Bounty, Snickers, etc) are probably at the bottom of my list.

Crunchies are a mixed bag for me. The first second or so of biting into a Crunchie is nice, but as someone mentioned above the eventual descent into a gummy mass is not so good.

I do like Kit Cat Chunkies, they seem to have a better ratio of chocolate to wafer than regular Kit Kats. Either that or they work better simply because they concentrate the chocolate more.

I’m not sure what my favourite chocolate bar would be these days. Some that used to be firm favourites seem now to be too sweet today to my ageing taste buds. I still have a soft spot for the occasional Wispa or Wispa Gold, though.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 135 total)

The topic ‘Your best & worst chocolate bar….’ is closed to new replies.